L-4 Grasshopper

Thread: L-4 Grasshopper

L-4 Grasshopper

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: This rebuild of the stock FS2004 J-3 Cub to a military L-4 Grasshopper with "greenhouse" windows. New fuselage and wings UV mapping to fix the lousy texture mapping. De-mirror textures. Comes with 2 textures. "Elizabeth" that flew from the CV-4 USS Ranger during Operation Torch and "Rosie The Rocketer" that was armed with six bazooka launchers and flown by Major Charles Carpenter France 1944.

Model was made for CFS2 and CFS2 lacks keyed animations control surfaces so some things that moved with the control surfaces are now fixed in place or deleted. Model is Multi LOD. Also works in my copy of FSX Gold. I'm not a FS04 or FSX person so if change need to be made feel free to do so.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit L-4 Grasshopper
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Allen I always thought it was a shame you couldn't do a proper repaint. As real life keeps me busy and I have some other things running, I can't start to do repaints right now. But I can assure you they are on my (too long) to do list and with some priority.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for the dedicated FS9 versions!

I'm too busy with ongoing projects to paint the Grasshoppers right now, but I've collected some photos and the L-4s are high on my to-do list.

Members who have read this thread: 1