Aeroplane Heaven P-51D released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven P-51D released

Aeroplane Heaven P-51D released

Aeroplane Heaven has just released their P-51D. It is available here:

https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_p51_msfs.php

**EDIT**

- Flew it once...was okay
    - Seems to freeze MSFS on the loading screen when other variants are chosen...still checking out what the issue could be....have had it happen three times in a row. Going to try selecting another airplane, loading it, THEN going back to the P-51

***ANOTHER EDIT**
    - So, here's what I did....I restarted after installation. In addition, I was experiencing the freezes when starting from KVNY...I tried it (after restart) from KLAX....and then from KSNA, and didn't get the freeze when switching airplanes.

Kent
    Last edited by ColoKent; January 16th, 2022 at 15:36.

It's pretty great. Flying tip: If you want to avoid the strong pull to the left during takeoff, make sure tailwheel lock is on, and that you very gradually advance the throttle. I was having some difficulty staying on the runway, but eventually got the hang of the throttle motion.

First image is with the toggle-able GPS...

Thx for the H/U Kent!!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Last batch... It's a really beautiful model, flight model feels good, nice WWise sound.

AH seems to have taildraggers down, if the C140 is any indication. It flies better than any other taildragger in the sim... IMHO.

FWIW, I haven't run into the pausing issue that Kent is seeing.

Whoops, forum software doesn’t seem to allow zooming these, if you want to see better detail, originals can be found here.

"FWIW, I haven't run into the pausing issue that Kent is seeing."

Glad to hear it...must have been some weird thing on my system.

Kent

From Aeroplane Heaven and about liveries...

"Insignia informationThe inclusion of Nazi insignia in products created for the purposes of entertainment is outlawed in many countries. Because this product is sold in those regions, we are unable to include historically accurate kill markings on the aircraft, nor will we be able to release a separate historically accurate package for optional download.
    Should you choose to modify the files and make the requisite changes yourself, or download third-party livery modifications, you will not hold Aeroplane Heaven responsible for those actions."

Think it´s about time to stop this nonsense and be historical correct. Ignore history? Absurd!!! For much that I want this beauty will not buy till a mod it´s available. Unbelievable...

It's not AH's choice. I used to work in digital retailing of console apps, and we had to ensure that shooters, tank, naval, and aviation games didn't feature Swastikas in any promotional art for legal reasons.

Some countries (such as Germany and Austria) do not allow the representation of Swastikas in entertainment products. Even when those products recreate actual history. You legally can't sell the products there.

SimMarket is in Germany. Even if publishers created a special version for Germany, retailers like SimMarket couldn't sell the historically accurate version to customers in other countries. Retailers outside of Germany would have to regionally protect the accurate versions and maintain special versions just for the countries that prohibit Swastikas.

Now, I agree this law is shallow and poorly thought out, but that's legislators for you. Saying you can't have Swastika kill marks on an American plane is ludicrous -- you're not celebrating Naziism. you're celebrating shooting Nazis out of the sky. And having historical markings in a WW2 recreation isn't like doing a game celebrating Naziism or using Swastikas to promote hate groups. But the law that prohibits them is a blanket prohibition.

TL;DR -- It's 2022 and products are sold internationally and some countries have blanket prohibitions against any representations of Swastikas in entertainment products.

And with Flightsim.to and other sources of repaints that don't have to hew to these restrictions, it's a non-issue. An artist can easily tweak the paints to properly historically represent blowing Nazis out the sky.

Don't blame us, blame the times. One of the reasons that the Lancaster will not be appearing in the Marketplace is the rule that states "no weapons of any kind". Can you imagine a Lancaster with no turrets? MS want GA (general Audience) certification for the game and any content available via the game. That rules out weapons, nazi symbols and a host of other things. The ONLY way, as DennyA suggests, to have a personal livery with correct markings is to download a private repaint. There is no way we could ever issue a "mod"or "upgrade" with such markings.

Perhaps any energy on this topic could be directed toward having add-ons given Classification ratings, like computer games and TV programmes, films and other materials available on the net. We'd be quite happy for a warbird add-on to carry an "M15" (not suitable for under 15s) classification or something like that.

For whatever reason, this airplane does NOT like Van Nuys Airport....took off from KBUR, and came into land at KVNY...taxied in, and shut down-- and it FROZE for the fifth time. I have ORBX's Van Nuys installed, so there may be an incompatibility between the two. I'll play around with it some more.

Kent

Wow, nice work Aeroplane Heaven. The texturing looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    For whatever reason, this airplane does NOT like Van Nuys Airport....took off from KBUR, and came into land at KVNY...taxied in, and shut down-- and it FROZE for the fifth time. I have ORBX's Van Nuys installed, so there may be an incompatibility between the two. I'll play around with it some more.

Kent
    Yep, must be the OrbX Van Nuys package. I just replicated the flight, but from OrbX KBUR to the freeware KVNY from FreakyD, and no issues here.

My least favorite part of MSFS... The weird incompatibilities. I love the cool freeware I-Land from Thrustmaster, but if I try to take off from the large International Airport there, boom, CTD. Problem with the airport? Interaction with other 3PP add-on? Who knows...

(Actually, I lie. My least favorite part of MSFS is the Marketplace. Paid for the C337 on release. Still no download. Filed a ticket and waiting. Such a mess.)

Baz, It looks real good! Looking forward to trying it out later today (work, yuk!).
    One question, I found a paintkit file on your site, where you mention a blank texture in the texture.base folder, but I can't find it?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Don't blame us, blame the times. One of the reasons that the Lancaster will not be appearing in the Marketplace is the rule that states "no weapons of any kind". Can you imagine a Lancaster with no turrets? MS want GA (general Audience) certification for the game and any content available via the game. That rules out weapons, nazi symbols and a host of other things. The ONLY way, as DennyA suggests, to have a personal livery with correct markings is to download a private repaint. There is no way we could ever issue a "mod"or "upgrade" with such markings.

Perhaps any energy on this topic could be directed toward having add-ons given Classification ratings, like computer games and TV programmes, films and other materials available on the net. We'd be quite happy for a warbird add-on to carry an "M15" (not suitable for under 15s) classification or something like that.
    Ok, that "no weapons of any kind" is utterly stupid and of course will not buy a Lancaster without turrets. I will be that stupid too. Only German and Austria have that law about nazi symbols. And I bet my life that vast majority of german and austrian simmers will not agree and will gladly have real liveries. That representation of swastikas in P-51 are just ridiculous. What did those pilots shot down??? Armchairs? And I own FSX planes from Flight Replicas Me' and Fw´s (Mathias), he's German, and they offered the option to change tail planes with or without swastikas. And some others, remember a Fieseler Storch. So at that time not long ago at all, they found a way to bypass that stupidity, and offer the real thing. I´m sure some artists, and I could name some here, will do real liveries free of charge for Aeroplane Heaven (good business). Just like someone did for the Heinkel He-111. Bought the plane got rid of their useless (AH) liveries
    Anyway, we have the option to accept or not bad or good decisions, don´t want to be banned here so I will refrain to really state what I think about this one. For sure I'm of no importance for AH sale rates. So, when I find the same liveries correctly done maybe I will buy. If not, will spend my money in some other properly done product. Regards.

I honestly do not understand why some people state that they will not buy this (or other) aircraft because of some missing swastika's.
    I agree it is a stupid law, and yes, my paints have swastika's for historic accuracy (I actually received many thank you's from Germany for my recent JU-52 paints), but not buying this for that reason makes no sense at all to me.
    There are many textures that do not have any swastika's anyway, and thus are historically accurate, and if the need is really that high for the things, I, or any other painter, can add them in a few minutes. Heck, you can even do it yourself, and learn how to paint aircraft along the way.
    Please don't blame AH for complying to a law they had no influence on. Rather, support them, by buying their products. Me I'm just happy they keep churning out exactly the kind of aircraft I like, warbirds. So keep them coming Baz!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Available at Just Flight now. Excellent value.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I honestly do not understand why some people state that they will not buy this (or other) aircraft because of some missing swastika's.
    I agree it is a stupid law, and yes, my paints have swastika's for historic accuracy (I actually received many thank you's from Germany for my recent JU-52 paints), but not buying this for that reason makes no sense at all to me.
    There are many textures that do not have any swastika's anyway, and thus are historically accurate, and if the need is really that high for the things, I, or any other painter, can add them in a few minutes. Heck, you can even do it yourself, and learn how to paint aircraft along the way.
    Please don't blame AH for complying to a law they had no influence on. Rather, support them, by buying their products. Me I'm just happy they keep churning out exactly the kind of aircraft I like, warbirds. So keep them coming Baz!
    Ok, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it and I have the utmost respect for it. Mine is different. And the answer is in your post, "historic accuracy". BTW thanks a lot for your swastikas on the Ju52. And sorry, I really don´t know how to make my own paints, my bad, one of several millions simmers with the same ineptitude I think, (however know how to do a lot of other things) so I reli for this on artists like yourself who are kind enough to share and, as I said before, will wait for some historical accuracy to buy the product. Again, thank you very much for your awesome work. Best wishes

Blog Entries
    Ok, that "no weapons of any kind" is utterly stupid and of course will not buy a Lancaster without turrets. I will be that stupid too. Only German and Austria have that law about nazi symbols. And I bet my life that vast majority of german and austrian simmers will not agree and will gladly have real liveries. That representation of swastikas in P-51 are just ridiculous. What did those pilots shot down??? Armchairs? And I own FSX planes from Flight Replicas Me' and Fw´s (Mathias), he's German, and they offered the option to change tail planes with or without swastikas. And some others, remember a Fieseler Storch. So at that time not long ago at all, they found a way to bypass that stupidity, and offer the real thing. I´m sure some artists, and I could name some here, will do real liveries free of charge for Aeroplane Heaven (good business). Just like someone did for the Heinkel He-111. Bought the plane got rid of their useless (AH) liveries
    Anyway, we have the option to accept or not bad or good decisions, don´t want to be banned here so I will refrain to really state what I think about this one. For sure I'm of no importance for AH sale rates. So, when I find the same liveries correctly done maybe I will buy. If not, will spend my money in some other properly done product. Regards.

Beaufighter,

Welcome to the world of being a curmudgeon. While most of the world thinks of us as out of touch old men who complain a lot, we are, in reality, into historical preservation and accuracy. We simply want to preserve the past as we remember and revere it.

Unfortunately, every year we remember less and less of the past we are trying to preserve. Thus, the rant and raving over things being “unlike they use to be”, and “they are always changing things.”

Also, having a substantial amount of history under our belts and knowing how thing used to happen; “stupid laws” will provoke loud and vociferous diatribes where we attempt to educate the younger population of the purity of our historical times and the outright “idiocy” of things today. The laws against weapons on the models and Nazi symbols being “verboten” are examples of the above.

Our self-righteousness and need to live in the past are real. You young guys, need not worry. Soon we will pass, and you will never hear from us again. Then is will soon be your turn. 😉
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hi John
    Had to find the meaning of "curmudgeon", new word for me. And yes I'm a little ill-tempered when someone try to change/alter/forget history and the so called "political right". Law or no law fail to understand why AH and other developers will avoid nazi symbols and then comes an artist, and I thank to all of them, and do a historically correct rendition of a historical plane or weapon. Have a room with hundreds of plane kits some of them german with nazi insignia. Is it wrong or history? not to mention tanks and guns. Should I throw away the 88 gun? there's an Afrika Korps logo on it. Nazi. And what about Soviet T-34? After all Stalin killed millions of his own people, I don´t like him, should I trash every russian model I own? Where is this going to stop?
    So dvs company are not allowed to do things right based on a very stupid law. Then comes an individual and do it good. Sued, arrested? fined? Don´t think so. Wonder if it is the law or someone's will, not to picture what they find wrong . Just Flight page about the P-51 they say:
    "16 authentic liveries". Is this true? Authentic?
    Thank you for your kind words, regards

mmm, I tried my first flight, but no luck..
    On the runway, the throttle is stuck at 55 inch manifold pressure, and if I change it, it goes back to 55 immediately.
    I checked with the Asobo P-51, no problem there, so it seems to be the AH P-51...I just crash when I try to take off.
    When I slew into the air, the throttle responds normally, really strange.
    But when I fly it, I come to the next problem...
    to be honest, I really really don't like the sound, at all.
    I have been close to quite a few Mustangs (and other running Merlins), but I've never heard one that sounded anything like this. Outside it's bad, inside even worse.
    I'm sorry Baz, I really want to like it, but I don't, so far.
    I've hangered it till the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    mmm, I tried my first flight, but no luck..On the runway, the throttle is stuck at 55 inch manifold pressure, and if I change it, it goes back to 55 immediately.I checked with the Asobo P-51, no problem there, so it seems to be the AH P-51...I just crash when I try to take off.When I slew into the air, the throttle responds normally, really strange. But when I fly it, I come to the next problem...to be honest, I really really don't like the sound, at all. I have been close to quite a few Mustangs (and other running Merlins), but I've never heard one that sounded anything like this. Outside it's bad, inside even worse.I'm sorry Baz, I really want to like it, but I don't, so far.I've hangered it till the next update.
    Thanks, I needed that. Just when I was about to buy it...... "accurate" audio is fundamental to any aircraft simulation.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Who would be a Sound Engineer?
    Quite fascinating reading initial impressions across a range of Forums.
    Sim-Outhouse is generally supportive of new aircraft.
    The P-51D is getting criticized on another forum, (MSFS Forum), for the sounds.
    It sometimes seems that the cadence of a discussion takes its lead from the early adopters & what mood they are in that day.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 5