AH Hurricane in V5.3

Thread: AH Hurricane in V5.3

AH Hurricane in V5.3

Has anyone managed to get this to work in v5.3?

Just done a circuit and all seems in order. But it's worth remembering the external and internal models add up to a fearsome 260+Mb so it's possible it needs a big rig. Mine's AMD, Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core CPU, Radeon RX 6800XT GPU 32GB RAM. Just under a year old; my old rig would barely load it in 4.5, much less fly it in anything more than slideshow.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

The problem I have with the PBR version in 5.2 (and formerly 5.1) is that something is eating away at the frame rates in the VC MDL. FPS starts off fine, but it gradually deteriorates over a short time, until P3D becomes rather sluggish and not very smooth!

As a sanity check, I swapped the VC MDL to use the external MDL to replace the VC one, and FPS and sim performance is fine, so something in the VC MDL that is causing a problem.

I also had the same problem with the last update that was issued for FSX (I was running FSX SE), where the VC appeared to cause a performance issue as well.

(Funnily enough, I also had the same issue in FSX with the Spitfire MK.I when it was first released, but a subsequent update fixed the problem!)

I'll contact AH to see if they have any idea what might be causing the issue.

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 1