Carenado C337 Skymaster now available - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carenado C337 Skymaster now available

I got it and like it, a lot! Weird thing is I am not experiencing half the complaints listed here. The weather radar also works for me. Only thing I would like to see adjusted is that it seems to "stick" to the ground when taxiing and it takes way too much throttle to get her moving.

LouP

Yeah the painting is not really possible. I've done a few re-colors to match real world liveries where possible. But it's just swapping the 4 color dds file (and a few changes on the other files to match spinners, wingtips, and delete text if need be)

https://flightsim.to/profile/ryanbatc/uploads

Here's a Retro one straight out of the 1976 catalogue hehe

fix by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

the cessna 170B also had this same schematic and I managed to paint it, but the 337 already has my model folders empty, I can't open the model
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Probably because they are encrypted. If I understand correctly, things bought in the marketplace are encrypted to avoid piracy.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I bought the C170B on the marketplace and it didn't look like this, I opened the model using the normal MCX, the 337 is already empty, a pity
    Correct me, if you will.

you can paint using the same process I used on the C170B, but as it doesn't open the model it would be in trial and error, and it's not mirrored

Correct me, if you will.

A O-2 repaint is available, wondering how the right tail is looking/is mirrored?

https://flightsim.to/file/26348/cess...ed-oscar-deuce

Marcel

trying one here, but it will be hours to align everything

Correct me, if you will.

I grabbed their Seneca V last week. Haven't wrung it out yet, but it looks nice. I have zero interest in the Skysmasher. I'm waiting for the Aztec and Beech 18 to come along. Will not be buying anything else from them until then. Wish someone would build a G18S instead of the same old WW2 Beech. VERY disappointed in reading that the new Cessna has mirrored textures. That type of crap cannot be acceptable now in 2022. It takes a modeler minutes to fix that.

Don BP

turns out I was wrong, it's not mirrored!
    So I may paint it after all..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Darn have to rethink again or i buy it or not

Just flew it for 2.5 hours.
    I like it very much.
    Don't regret the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

and how do you open the model?, i haven't found it yet
    Correct me, if you will.

This one is tempting me. It looks like they're quoting Wiki regarding performance. That's the only source I can find that matches the quoted 144 MPH (125 Kts) cruise speed, which is actually the economy cruise. Every other source lists higher cruise speeds. I also had to download their documentation package ( https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenad...2020/#tab-docs ) in order to figure out that they've modeled the H variant. I think I'll think on this a little more...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

OK, ignore my earlier message, I can confirm it is indeed paintable:
    jk1009 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk1002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk1001 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    This one is tempting me. It looks like they're quoting Wiki regarding performance. That's the only source I can find that matches the quoted 144 MPH (125 Kts) cruise speed, which is actually the economy cruise. Every other source lists higher cruise speeds. I also had to download their documentation package ( https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenad...2020/#tab-docs ) in order to figure out that they've modeled the H variant. I think I'll think on this a little more...
    Yea... I noticed it has the "clam shell" door. Planephd.com lists the H model as having a best cruise of 169 KIAS. That's more like what I remember from years' past. The description on the Carenado homepage has some conflicting information as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I got it and like it, a lot! Weird thing is I am not experiencing half the complaints listed here. The weather radar also works for me. Only thing I would like to see adjusted is that it seems to "stick" to the ground when taxiing and it takes way too much throttle to get her moving. LouP
    The ground issue is a problem with many planes. Asobo has their ground friction coefficients way too high. IIRC, they're aware of this, but when they'll fix it, who knows?

O-2A_N590D by TiAr, auf Flickr

Not sure, if the fake observer windows are a good idea. I did N590D/67-21300 of Postbellum Foundation based in Teuge/Netherlands. Anyway, the C337 is really nice for repainters. This repaint is WIP.

Thomas

jk1062 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk1056 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk1053 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Love the idea of observer windows on the door . That looks pretty cool

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Not sure, if the fake observer windows are a good idea.
    Still, great minds think alike, éh ? hehe.. ;-)

You beat me to it, Thomas, because all of a sudden i can't seem to include images anymore ( i still can't, only via trickery ;-)

What do you think, Jan Kees ? Better than nothing, right ?

Hi, everyone!

I can't keep my hands off painting. And I took on the new Skymaster. I tried to create a new paint out of the existing paint "DON'T SHOOT" namely the "THE FAC" with the RegNr. N48233. I hope I succeeded. Here are some pictures. I'll try to upload it to Flightsim.to, that would be my premiere.

Have a nice afternoon...

Chris/Pirosch...

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Great Job , Thank you

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 3