Pacific Theater Scenery Layer Hierarchy

Thread: Pacific Theater Scenery Layer Hierarchy

Pacific Theater Scenery Layer Hierarchy

Hi Guys

I've now moved on from ETO to the Pacific theater but most of the Islands e.g. Wake and Midway are waterlogged with land objects submerged under water. Is there a correction for this? Any help would be appreciated.

We'll need a lot more info than that to determine what's wrong Brainless!

Are Rhumba LOD 5, LOD 7, & LOD 8 meshes installed (or not)
    Using watermasks (yes/No) Are they old watermasks or the newer watermasks?
    What scenery packages are installed (if any)?
    What order are your scenery layers in (scenery.cfg)? Just having items in the wrong order can result in waterlogged bases.

As an overview: When Rhumba produced his new world meshes, & watermasks, it was discovered that a lot of PTO bases became waterlogged. There are a variety of reasons for this - some bases are in the wrong location, revealed when the newer, more accurate mesh is used instead of the scenery the game shipped with. Some of the watermasks are acknowledged to be a little "overzealous" & some people decide to just use the mesh but not the watermasks.
    Most seem to stay with the original inaccurate scenery, because the campaigns & missions work with it that way.
    Most of Maskriders scenery predates Rhumbas new mesh & watermasks.
    All of my scenery packages are meant for a Rhumba mesh world, but should work over a stock scenery install too, so long as the scenery layer configuration is right.

Totally confused myself here....

....i am trying to rebuild the PTO on a external drive . In order to do this I can't remember the order of some of the land mass revisions example; Solomons, etc.. As a guide I am using the date under the submitters name as the revision date. Am I correct in using this as a guide?
    Hate to have to read through each revision readme to see what goes where in order. The library seems to have no order on the dates so I have a listing of all those I use. IE: MR, UncleT, ec. and the dates under the names. NOT pointing any fingers here. Just asking.

Can't remember if that is a accurate guide and want to get it right . Before anyone asks my original (which had been previously moved to a external drive, also has become unusable so it can't be copied, or moved. THAT is another story all together. So it is back to scratch again.

Library Staff
    Hi Brainless & Fibber,

I hope you don't mind your threads being combined as they are on the same subject. Setting up the PTO with its mixture of old and new scenery packages can be quite confusing.

Are you able to post the scenery.cfg file or the contents thereof here? Hopefully we should be able to sort out the scenery hierarchy.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Kdriver......

. No problem as far as I am concerned. Basically I can figure out the hierarchy from old notes. My confusion comes in the texture add in’s. Some replace others in previously installed bases and islands and want to make sure I have the right order. I know running this library is a monumental task in itself with crashes , hits etc. I just can’t remember which order they came out in. Hence my date question.I have made a listing of all of UT’s great texs with dates and before I put them in date order I want to make sure it is not a useless undertaking.
    Hence my question.

Arggg.....

Sorry for second post accidently hit post and can’t edit for some reason.
    Anyway, didn’t Rami awhile back do a posting on Hierarchy ?

Fibber,
    Dvslats put this pdf guide together for a PTO install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rami edited for PTO.pdf  

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
    - Gen. Douglas MacArthur -

Bwf

Thanks, I thought there was one around. Forgot about Ramis PTO guide.

Very timely Ive just fired up my copy of CFS2 and was getting confused as to what enhancements to install, and as if by magic, a PDF guide appear's

When Rhumba produced his new world meshes, & watermasks, it was discovered that a lot of PTO bases became waterlogged
    That would explain why half of Midway is underwater after i installed these, As im more interested in Europe and the Med, areas not covered by the original CSF2, these watermask's are still a useful addition

Members who have read this thread: 0