Problem With C-123 PoP-Up

Thread: Problem With C-123 PoP-Up

Problem With C-123 PoP-Up

Ive had this problem with other pop-ups from time to time and could never figure out what caused it. On the C-123, when I select a pop-up (in this case for the Radio's) and it comes up on the main screen (I have two monitors), I'll resize it and move it to the second monitor. . .9 times out of 10 it moves with no problems, but sometimes I get one that goes blank (dark) and I get a flickering "progress icon" that flickers constantly until I close the pop-up and even then it may remain for the entirety of the flight. Even if I move the pop-up back to the main monitor it will remain dark. Closing and reopening is useless as once it goes out on me it remains that way and I have to restart the Sim to get back to normal.

Anyone else ever have anything like this or know why it happens?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Maybe something helpful in this topic?

https://www.simforums.com/forums/und...opic50814.html
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

This one caught my eye. I get the same problem in P3DV5.3 Erratic pop up appearance or behaviour, one particular model is driving me nuts with this behaviour. It is a radio panel too!

So at the moment I have no solution but a suspicion that it is not the sim but a MS windows giitch and it is probably something as obtuse as one particular dll or xml not being read correctly. (Echoes of the old windows automation dll issue) anyway just speculating at the moment. I know reinstallation of the model, its gauges etc, shutting down the sim and full PC restart will not fix it at the moment.

I think I may have fixed it, at least it currently seems that I have. I deleted the original Radio Stack and it's background and built a new pop-up with a different radio set. Thus far it seems to be ok.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0