P3DV5.3 HF and Flight Replicas DC-4

Thread: P3DV5.3 HF and Flight Replicas DC-4

P3DV5.3 HF and Flight Replicas DC-4

Has anybody tried the FR DC-4 with the latest update to P3DV5.3 I am experiencing issues with the radio panel popup.

I get no problems with the model displaying, panel guages showing, swtiches, textures,, sound or GPS etc but the radio stack pop up refuses to display now. Naturally no radio or navaid control without it.
    I tried a substitute patch of an alternative radio stack I had, it displays ok as a window but will not drive the DC4's radios or navaids.
    Tried a fresh download of the original model install - that did not fix it.
    Checked file permissions etc nothing there either.
    I suspect a change to the P3D coding and the DLL files that drive the radios. Any thoughts or experiences appreciated. And yes I have emailed FR see if they have any idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Has anybody tried the FR DC-4 with the latest update to P3DV5.3 I am experiencing issues with the radio panel popup.

I get no problems with the model displaying, panel guages showing, swtiches, textures,, sound or GPS etc but the radio stack pop up refuses to display now. Naturally no radio or navaid control without it.
    I tried a substitute patch of an alternative radio stack I had, it displays ok as a window but will not drive the DC4's radios or navaids.
    I suspect a change to the P3D coding and the DLL files that drive the radios. Any thoughts or experiences appreciated. And yes I have emailed FR see if they have any idea.
    How strange no problems here

Very, every other FR model that uses a similar pop up system works perfectly. Reinstalled again, checked permissions etc etc nothing missing but it will not play the game. Well partly now half of it appears and the other half does not - go figure but the model is useless without radios to set and tune. I even patched in an alternative radio stack from another similar vintage model - that worked fine (it appeared and could be tuned even got navaid idents) but would not send data to the guages. %$#%%$#!!!

I had the same problem in the previous V5 version, and also V4. I just got in the habit of copying a new 2D radio stack into it's slot.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkiester View Post
    I had the same problem in the previous V5 version, and also V4. I just got in the habit of copying a new 2D radio stack into it's slot.

Mark
    Yes that is the same solution I came up with, changed the radio stack and GPS - from another FR aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post

Is this the Shift + 1 pop up that gives Com 1 & 2 Dials & readout, & Nav 1 & 2, with an AP underneath?
    If so then I have the frozen Com & Nav units, but AP is ok.
    On P3D v5.3 HF1
    T43

Twice43 Yep that is the issue. Happened with the update with 5.3 HF1. There is obviously a bid of code that is not being read the same way. I curiously had a similar problem with a couple of other models that used similar aged guages even though they were xml and 64 bit driven in those two instances it was the AP that refused to show up as a popup so I guess it is something between windows behaviour and scripts and the old guages. In both cases I just changed the pop up to another and they all worked. Did the same with the DC-4 it now has the FR Heron Radio Stack which works fine so that is the only solution I could use.

. Did the same with the DC-4 it now has the FR Heron Radio Stack which works fine so that is the only solution I could use.[/QUOTE]

Ok, into the back of the hangar looking for old FR aircraft!
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 0