Rudder Pedals

Thread: Rudder Pedals

Rudder Pedals

Good evening all,

Recently my CH Pro Pedals seem to haven given up on me so I'm looking for a new set of pedals. I was curious as to what everyone is using and what you think of them?

Kind Regards
    Dale
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Good evening all,

Recently my CH Pro Pedals seem to haven given up on me so I'm looking for a new set of pedals. I was curious as to what everyone is using and what you think of them?

Kind Regards
    Dale
    My CH Pro Peddles are still going strong since 2004. Hard to beat that kind of reliability and service. They may not be as "pretty" as some of the other models but I don't look at my feet when flying in sim!

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I bought the Saitek pedals and was surprised by just how bad they are. So I returned them and bought the VKB T Rudder pedals and I am super happy with them. Very solid, all metal, super smooth. No toe brakes and they function more like a helicopters pedals would but I'm not really looking to mimic what it feels like to fly a plane, I'm looking for fine and precise control over whatever I'm flying that day, and that's what I get. Could not be happier with them.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv

CH products are built like tanks. May not be pretty or have a true to life "feel", but they work like a charm. I knew a museum program that used several of these for an "in to to aviation" program. They worked great every time. Personally, I used a set of Saitek pedals too. They lasted me 10 years till a plastic piece in the right foot unit broke. It was still usable, but lacked the tension of the left foot unit; so braking was always "eventful". I ended up getting getting a set of MFG Crosswinds v3 to replace the broken Saitek's. Expensive, but I love them. Well made, and very straight forward to setup and adjust.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I use the Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder (with toebrakes) ands I am very satisfied with them.

The CH Products are a pain to disassemble and reassemble, but most problems with them can be sorted by popping them open and moving a potentiator back into place. Alternatively, I surprisingly was able to fix a years-long issue with one of the toe brakes activating spasmodically by running CH Products' own software. I'm no huge fan of them, they are clunky hunks of plastic but as the only pedals I've ever used, I can't honestly endorse any others. I've heard very good things about the Crosswinds but I've been waiting to see if Honeycomb ever releases theirs (currently a March 31 2022 release date) since I already own the Alpha+Bravo. Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0