No Airfields in the Mission builder in CFS2

Thread: No Airfields in the Mission builder in CFS2

Hi Guys
    Well after three days downloading and installing the scenery files to improve things in the sim I thought I had finally done it. A quick fly round in the Free Flight was really impressive and hats off to all the creators for a great upgrade. However when I opened the mission Builder none of the airbases of any description are displayed!
    The airfields are there in the scenery and I can clearly see them but not they are not listed in the Theatres and when I click the ‘airbases’ light the MB crashes. I have read all the forum posts with others having similar type problems but I cannot find a direct answer to my particular problem. I tried everything I know but nothing works. I created a test flight at ‘Brooklands’ but cannot take off as the MB doesn’t recognize a ‘takeoff’ option as there is no reference in the airbase list of the airbase even though it is there. The airbase list panel is greyed out and empty.
    Anyone have any ideas how to make the airfields show up in the Mission Builder?

Are all your airbases and their info listed in the "airbase" DAT file in your "info" folder?

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Are all your airbases and their info listed in the "airbase" DAT file in your "info" folder?
    Thanks for replying. After messing with this all day finally realised my Airbase data file was corrupted. I had two of those square thingises at the end of the file I had updated. It's been a long haul but well worth the effort. Hope this will give others a heads up with the same issue. Always remember it's 'Brainless' posting!

Those "square thingies" got me a few times too.
    Learned to lookout to be sure I only had one.

Glad to hear it's all working for you now. Probably happened if you pasted the new info without overwriting the original square at the end, leaving you with two. Don't worry...we've all done it!

Another Mission Builder problem

Oh dear here we go again? I have now encountered another problem in the MB. When in the ETO Theater I select a UK runway ( it doesn't matter which one) and then the MB selects an airfield on a Pacific Island. It happens every time. Any idea why this is happening.

Library Staff
    Hi,

You possibly have duplicate airfield ID numbers in your airbases.dat file.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Airbase Data

Thanks for replying to my post Kevin. I finally found the problem. I had all the airfields correctly numbered but it was the Dambusters Addon scenery which was causing the corruption as it is not compatible with the JHK UK airfields. I have sorted this now by deleting the Dambusters scenery in specific parts whilst retaining the remaining Dambusters programme and so far it works in the new ETO scenery which is obviously a vast improvement on the original default textures.
    Last edited by Brainless; December 31st, 2021 at 06:16.

Members who have read this thread: 0