Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Thread: Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Hey guys,
    I’ll keep it short and sweet. Trying to find a copy of the Sim Skunk Works Harrier for P3DV4 but it seems it’s non existent. They website seems to be utterly useless, just shows links of where to buy their products but the only thing available is for P3DV5 and requirements say V5 or newer only. And oddly enough it’s available for free from sim market. Did they go under? I found it for P3DV4 on sim market but instead of “add to cart” option it just says click to be notified when it’s available. Went to their website and I’ve tried EVERY single link they provide including orbx and nothing. I’ve literally been scouring the web for two weeks now trying to find the P3DV4 version, a few write ups on how awesome it is and redesigned etc but can’t find it anywhere. PLEASE PLEASE tell me someone knows where to find/purchase a copy. Yes I know I can upgrade to p3dv5 and may well do that eventually, but as long as it’s taken me to fix all the ctd issues I’ve had, I finally have 4.5 stable and don’t want to upgrade for one aircraft.
    This is as close as I get to finding it… no way to purchase/download though apparently
    https://secure.simmarket.com/sim-skunk-works-mcdonnel-douglas-av8b-ii-harrier-for-p3d-v-4.x.phtml

Did you try the v5 version? I would download the v5 version and have a look if it probably work in P3Dv4 as well...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Yup, got a bunch of .dll errors and no sound..doesn’t look promising so far. I’m really praying someone has a copy since they released all of them for free, but since no longer offer the P3DV4 version apparently.

Being a Harrier fanatic myself. I was interested after seeing this thread in that it had been released free of charge. I don't have V5. I have 4.5 as well. I attempted a manual install of it and I got sounds to work, but no textures on the exterior or interior. Also, no stores control. On Sim-Market I was reading the fine print on the SSW Harrier it says their free vACMI Core software and objects are required. Which I haven't downloaded yet. I'll probably retry later in the day and see if that works or just do a complete reinstall of it using a different technique.

Edit, forgot SSW requires the main textures be downloaded from their website too.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

AWSOME, tell me how it goes on your end lol. I have everything working but the flaps now, not sure what’s up but they are unresponsive in cruise, auto, and stol as well. Let me know if you have the texture issue in the cockpit, I’ve got a fix for it. Just wish I could find a louder, more robust soundset, the sounds are great but just way too quiet, and I’m running a sound booster for windows.

I went through this thinking I would update the 4.5 version that I had purchased after initial release years ago. Now on 5.3 and migrating add-ons over just stumbled across the SSW AV-8. There are model files, texture files, vACMI files, and if you want the maps yet another download. I was on a Harrier kick for some reason and flew it around in 4.5, but with only using Tacpack limited capabilities.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I managed to get it to work in V4.5 after some finagling of files and such. All the v5 files all work in 4.5 after you mess with a few files if you so wish from the v5 installer for it. But all the modules and vACMI all work after installation after those file tweaks. Including all the patches for those modules. Overall, I like how it flies over the old Razbam one did in FSX. I even tried porting my old Razbam one over to 4.5 a ways back and it just did not go well. Even the VTOL transition on it wasn't as smooth as the SSW one seems to be. Still nowhere near as accurate as it is in DCS. But still decent. Sounds are alright to me at least. I'll have to switch out the SSW sounds with the old Razbam ones and see which ones I like better. V4.5 and V5 aren't different really in terms of how the files are for aircraft, it's just where the installers put things based on their names. So if you're of the more inclined with modifying files and such, it's not that difficult to make this installer work for you if you don't have access to the v4 installer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssw harrier.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	757.8 KB 
ID:	85809

@ Scorch00
    Very interesting , perhaps you would be so kind as to share what you did in order to get it working in V4.5 ? Been trying for a while now with no luck just a CTD when it tries to load .
    thanks in advance

I have downloaded the Harrier and Tornado those days when they were freeware.
    Not sure about legal rights of use in this case, but if the admins permit a download link, I would post so...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Any idea why the flaps aren’t working? Tried all three modes with the flap switch and have adjusted nozzles in all positions, still nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    @ Scorch00
    Very interesting , perhaps you would be so kind as to share what you did in order to get it working in V4.5 ? Been trying for a while now with no luck just a CTD when it tries to load .
    thanks in advance
    I made duplicate file named Prepar3d v5 in my C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin first off and copied P3Dv4's DLL.xml file into that folder as well. This will allow the V5 installers to install a modified version of the sim's DLL file there. I did this first, so you can update your P3Dv4 DLL file manually with a text editor later with the new lines it creates for the Harrier's flight and external stores modules. I also made a similar folder in the Prepar3d v4's root folder named the same thing. This will allow the installer to install all the aircraft files. Then I just move those files to where they need to be in P3Dv4. Then you obviously have to download all of the texture files from SSW. I installed the jet first, then installed vACMI, and last were the textures.

In terms of the jet's flaps not working, are you sure the jet's actually running? I had this happen in the sim, loaded up and was wondering why nothing was turning on or working despite it sounding like it was running. It wasn't upon looking at the jet's systems closer. The jet's flaps in the sim don't actually work how the real one's does either I noticed.

For all those who are interested in the SSW Harrier P3Dv4 freeware version. Please send me a PM
    Best regards, Manfred.

In terms of the jet's flaps not working, are you sure the jet's actually running?
    yeah, flew it around…still no flaps

Members who have read this thread: 0