Coming Soon: Aviasim/GKS MiG-21bis

Thread: Coming Soon: Aviasim/GKS MiG-21bis

Coming Soon: Aviasim/GKS MiG-21bis

A number of amazing screenshots were posted in early November. Presumably will be available at Simmarket and I'm sure the marketplace upon release. If it is available in both locations, I recommend getting it from Simmarket as addons in the marketplace are not allowed to carry weapons.

https://www.aviasimhd.com/mig21-msfs2020-update/3002/

I read good things about the P3D version but had already moved over the FS2020 when it came out. I have the DCS version which is outstanding but this one appears close to a good bit of the realism modeling seen on the DCS model and the updated visuals are nice. I think it will be a great addon to have in FS2020. I hope the F-111 eventually gets the same treatment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I'm really looking forward to it
    Just that Gentex helmet ...I sad...

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

UPDATE: I reached out to the team and after a few weeks of silence they got back to me as of a few hours ago. The MiG is back on track for MSFS and pending any additional major global events in Kyiv, will be released in “the coming weeks”.

Judging from the preview pics, this will be another release where a Marketplace version would have to be altered to remove any external weapon models, unless MS has changed their policies, or the developers are going to add the weapons back via an external application like AzurePoly did.

It is looking good. Despite the fact I already own the DCS MiG-21 I will likely be adding this model. Regarding Marketplace policy on visually modeled weapons, it's beyond ridiculous. The late co-founder of Microsoft, Paul Allen built an extensive collection of Warbirds and Armor (now owned by Sam Walton's grandson). Keeping out fireable modeled weapons is one thing, visual models, SMH! Maybe the workaround will be the way to go on this issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it's less of a Marketplace policy, and more of an ESRB/PEGI policy, since Microsoft is just jumping through whatever hoops the rating agencies are setting out

This marketplace policy regarding weapons is not a problem at all.
    Just release the plane on the marketplace without visible weapons (but all models included inside) and put an update/addon (replacement files) freely available out of the marketplace (on the maker's website or on addon websites, whatever) to make the weapons visible.
    Yes, XBox players will not benefit from it, but at least the simmers on PC will be able to get a complete model.

GKS does very nice models, however here we have three problems - pilot (this Lady), is from FSX F-111 (maybe WIP), she hasnt also eastern Europe uniform and helmet and MiG-21 isnt "bare metal" like on pictures. Its not the colour of soviet duralluminium painted by "silverfish" (+ too glossy, he needs to correct PBR layer I suppose) and weapon is too glossy. Hope that is WIP.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The ESRB thing is likely either (PR spin) a convenient excuse for a team that wants to maintain relations with civil aviation manufacturers and avoid any association with combat, or (misunderstanding) someone making an assumption about how the ESRB rates things.

The ESRB rates the base game, and if add-ons aren't included, they don't affect the base game rating. (There's even a warning that add-ons can change a game's content from the original rating.) If an add-on had non-firing weapons on a realistic representation of an aircraft, I would be shocked if it affected a game's rating. I've had communications with the ESRB since it was founded, when I was a game magazine journalist in the 90s, and have worked with them on and off since on various issues, so this is an informed take, but I'll caveat it that I've never worked with them on anything MSFS-related.

EA/Jane's USAF had an "E for everyone" rating. Just sayin'.

You would think that at least having blue-ringed inert missiles like you see on many planes on a daily basis would be permitted.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The strangest thing about Microsoft/Asobo's no weapons policy is that it extends to their forums. You are not allowed to use any language even remotely related to weapons, combat, even combat practice. You can't say "bogey", "dogfight" or anything like that. It might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen, but I'm still "young."

Members who have read this thread: 0