American Airfield Vehicles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Airfield Vehicles

In the garage now

Roll out shortly

These are a set of ten very needed (to me) WWII American airfield ground vehicles. These are not really intended as targets although they do have damage files. Rather they are intended to be viewed around the airfield from the player's aircraft. So, they are a bit more detailed than the usual vehicle bgls. Therefore have a bit larger file, but still not bad. I've put quite a few in a mission without affecting the frame rates.

CCKW_353_cover
    CCKW_353_fuel
    CCKW_353_open
    Chevy_110_fire_truck
    WC_54_ambulance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WC 54 ambulance.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	85671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chevy 110 fire truck.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	85672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCKW 353.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	85673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCKW 353 fueler.jpg 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	85674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCKW 353 cover.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	85675
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

And the rest ...
    WC_40_light_truck
    WC_51_ammo _carrier
    Chevy_M6_bomb_handler
    Chevy_M6_towing
    M5_bomb_trailer

Name:	WC 40.jpg 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	85676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WC 51.jpg 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	85677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chevy M6 towing.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	85678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M5 bomb trailer.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	85679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chevy M6 bomb handler.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	85680
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Great stuff!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

To quote.....

....the Immortal Horshack character in the tv show Welcome Back Kotter. “OOOOOH, OOOOOH !!!” They look fantastic !!! Will it be under our trees by Christmas ?

Dumb question from a "user". Can these be placed in a mission to replace "stock" unit in one of my installs in a specific mission with screwing things up? Or need to be placed via the mission builder.

Great work on very important infrastructure. Useful across the globe. Thank you Kurt.

Just one question. Were these vehicles painted in a different colour for North African bases?

highpockets, you can use the MB change out the objects but that's probably the hardest way.

It would be easier to open the mission file with Notepad, scroll down to the [unit.xxx] section near the bottom and simply delete and replace any ground vehicle name with the .bgl name of these objects.

Or you could even rename one of these .bgl's with the name of the stock bgl you want to replace, remove the stock bgl and put the renamed .bgl in its stead.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Mike,

I don't think so as delivered, though some photos show there was repainting at the unit, or maybe depot levels.

Jeeps but you get the idea

Name:	Image20.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	85685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 10.jpg 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	85686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image71.jpg 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	85689
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Captain Kurt
    That was the approach I was going to use. Notepad in the mission itself. I have done some of that when mission testing and finding typos on an object.
    May give it a try someday. Nice work!
    Thanks

Look great. Hope I can drive one home for Christmas.

Reply...

Captain Kurt,

This looks outstanding, thank you very much for continuing to add to our library of vehicles!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

American Airfield Vehicles

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other - Vehicles

Description: This is a set of ten WWII American airfield ground vehicles. These are not really intended as targets although they do have damage files. Rather they are intended to be viewed around the airfield from the player's aircraft. So, they are a bit more detailed than the usual vehicle bgls. Therefore they have a bit larger file, but still not bad. I've put quite a few in a mission without affecting the frame rates.

Vehicles:

CCKW_353_cover
    CCKW_353_fuel
    CCKW_353_open
    Chevy_110_fire_truck
    WC_54_ambulance
    WC_40_light_truck
    WC_51_ammo _carrier
    Chevy_M6_bomb_handler
    Chevy_M6_towing
    M5_bomb_trailer

Credits: Models and textures by Captain Kurt
    Allen for his "FSDS make exploding object tools" without which I never would have figured out how to create these objects.
    Nibbio for his vehicle dust effects

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit American Airfield Vehicles
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

CFS2 doesn't load objects by .bgl name but by the name saved with in the code so you can't rename the .bgls to replace stock objects. At minimum you would have to convert a bgl back to SCASM code with BGL Analyze and change the internal name with Notepad to match the stock object name than scasm.exe to rebuild back to a .bgl.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Awww... just open the mission .mis file in notepad. Scroll down to the object you want replaced and paste the folder name of the object you want in the place of the old object, save and close.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Captain Kurt:

As always, excellent work! Though I am currently working on the East Front, I just downloaded them for my library and copious use later. (I do have room for Japanese and German counterparts where applicable .

One question. Do the bomb carts/trailers blow up and if so, with enhanced explosions?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    CFS2 doesn't load objects by .bgl name but by the name saved with in the code so you can't rename the .bgls to replace stock objects. At minimum you would have to convert a bgl back to SCASM code with BGL Analyze and change the internal name with Notepad to match the stock object name than scasm.exe to rebuild back to a .bgl.
    Allen, I wasn't aware of that bit of info, so thank you. At some point I might go ahead and build a stock replacement package.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Captain Kurt:

As always, excellent work! Though I am currently working on the East Front, I just downloaded them for my library and copious use later. (I do have room for Japanese and German counterparts where applicable .

One question. Do the bomb carts/trailers blow up and if so, with enhanced explosions?
    Give it a try and see
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Airfield vehicles....

"I'm in heaven, I'm in Heaven ...We have beautiful veehicles, I'm in Heaven..." You know the tune ! Seriously Capt. Kurt , THANK YOU They are (to paraphrase Tony the Tiger here) GREEEEEEEAT !

As to adding them in place of stock. Morton once did a mission editor for ships planes Think he could be persuaded to make one for objects ? (Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge !!!Eh ?)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and hopefully a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND STAY COVID FREE !!!!!

Library Staff
    Thanks very much Kurt for these fabulous vehicles for Christmas. I think we can finally trade in our old CFS1 style vehicles for these new models.
    Kevin

Ta muchly Kurt, these will get a lot of use I'm sure

Excellent work, Captain. Just working on my WW1 install, then back to WW2.

Many thanks for your work

Stock object replacement.....

...Hi guys, first let me start with thanking Capt K for these great vehicles. Now, I admit to being semi-illiterate/competent on stock object replacement but in this case I have a question. Wouldn't it be feasible , since some of these vehicles are already in the game ,to simply hunt them down and x them out then rename C.K's vehicles to the exact name of the object being replaced and place them in their respective sections? Example "light truck "" is in the game in info and has a objectdp.

Just wondering about this before I proceed.

​Beautiful work, thank you, Kurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ...Hi guys, first let me start with thanking Capt K for these great vehicles. Now, I admit to being semi-illiterate/competent on stock object replacement but in this case I have a question. Wouldn't it be feasible , since some of these vehicles are already in the game ,to simply hunt them down and x them out then rename C.K's vehicles to the exact name of the object being replaced and place them in their respective sections? Example "light truck "" is in the game in info and has a objectdp.

Just wondering about this before I proceed.
    Hi Fibber,
    Unfortunately that won't work. See Allen's post above.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Members who have read this thread: 0