Captain Sim Sale

Thread: Captain Sim Sale

Captain Sim Sale

Everything $9.99, lasts 10 hours (if you succeed to log in)...

but there's nothing really for MFS?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    but there's nothing really for MFS?
    Airliners...regards

I know Captain Sim are copping a lot of flak these days, but I am a fan of the 757 and 767 for P3DV4/5, and they are a steal if you manage to get them for $9.99. I paid about $70 for the 767 from memory, and am very happy with it. Thinking I might get the 737-300 while this sale is on. Funny, I didn't get an email about this sale. I usually do. Thanks for the tip Beaufighter!
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

An FSElite warts-and-all review of Captain Sim's 777 for MSFS.

https://fselite.net/content/captain-...selite-review/

Bottom line of the review:

" This should well and truly tarnish Captain Sim’s reputation with the flight simulation community. Whilst they have acknowledged that this is meant to be a “simple” aircraft, there’s nothing here justifying the cost. "

To play devil's advocate, I take that review with a grain of salt, as it seems to pander to the FSElite crowd, who are an adamant and prejudicial anti Captain Sim crowd. Every time there is a Captain Sim article of any description on FS Elite, it garners hundreds of hate mail posts, with very little value but to bash the developer. I am no Captain Sim fan boy, but I take each release on it's merits. The 757 and 767 for P3DV4 were in the crosshairs of the anti CS crowd with hundreds of posts bashing the products, but personally I found them both to be of sound quality. While not as study level as PMDG, they offered something mid to high range, and more importantly, filled a gap in the market. They make excellent models, but yes, some of the system simulations are lacking. Tonight I have bought the 737-300 for P3D and the 767-400 for MSFS. For $9.99 each, I am happy with my purchases.

In some cases CS do deserve some of the brand bashing, as unfortunately they have taken to shortcuts and have cancelled certain projects, like the freighter for the 767 for example, and then rushed out a half assed filler. I also held off buying the 737-400 and -500 extensions tonight, even at $9.99, because a quick bit of research showed that they had only modelled the exterior changes, and had not modelled and changes in the VC or in the systems or sounds. As for the MSFS airliners though, again, they are filling a gap in the market, the models are excellent, and they are completely transparent about the features that are part of the aircraft and that are missing. The major complaint seems to be that they are using systems from the default 747, and while that is not ideal, again, they are upfront about that, and the planes are modelled as what they are supposed to be inside and out.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

There site seams to be more than a bit overloaded right now, but I kept trying and was able to buy a few items.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 1