Parallel42 // FreedomFox & Fox2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parallel42 // FreedomFox & Fox2

Parallel42 // FreedomFox & Fox2

Something new from //42:
    https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-freedomfox
    The price is 42 AU$.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

My first thought is, "I have enough planes like this." My second thought is, " I don't have enough planes like this and this does look like a lot of fun to fly." So, I'm probably getting this.

my first thought was "I have enough planes like this", and my second thought was "I have way to many planes like this", so I probably will not be getting this.
    But I will check to see what you think of it..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    my first thought was "I have enough planes like this", and my second thought was "I have way to many planes like this", so I probably will not be getting this.
    I was looking at the listing on Orbx & noticed that they say the installed size is 34.41 MB.
    That seems light on the MB. Some of your liveries alone are nearly that size!
    Misprint?
    T43
    Ps- I have found on another forum that the Installer is 34.41 MB
    Last edited by Twice43; December 21st, 2021 at 06:39.

The current XCub meets my needs on the few times I'm in the mood for a tail dragger, but this looks like nice work! I may consider it later after I've gotten the Kodiak mastered. Right now, I'm only flying on weekends due to work and family...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have them & like them a lot.
    'Nimble', with a superb FDE.
    T43

If this goes on sale at some point, I'm in, as I like the dev and the plane seems cool. But $30 US is too rich for a plane where I already have so many similar aircraft already in the MSFS hangar. So... many... Cub-alikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I was looking at the listing on Orbx & noticed that they say the installed size is 34.41 MB.
    That seems light on the MB. Some of your liveries alone are nearly that size!
    Misprint?
    T43
    Ps- I have found on another forum that the Installer is 34.41 MB

This one is installed by Parallel 42s own installer, so ORBX Central pretty much just downloads and runs the latest Parallel 42 Installer. FYI the footprint size of my folder for the Freedom Fox is 4.9GB, and that includes all variations of the aircraft, the extra liveries and scenery.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Quite the same here. Too many like this, so I'm not going to get this one.

I almost bought this, then just jumped in my Zentih CH701 instead. I know the FreedomFox/Fox2 are likely much more powerful but the CH701 does the job for me. I might pick it up if it drops in price ever because I want to support //42 since they picked up the MilViz Bobcat, but we'll see.

I'm very much in the "you can never have too many bush planes" camp, the real turn off for me here is the price point. CAD$45.00?? Absurd. Half that and I would be be on board.

OK, I love it. I've been flying the Fox 2 with the most powerful engine. It doesn't have quite the STOL capability of the Zenith, but it's close. On the other hand, it climbs like a scalded cat. It's also super sporty. I was going to post of a pic of it here, but Firefox doesn't allow that feature to work. :::shrugs:::

If you try to paste the pic into the post like you can on the official forum, it won't work. If you save the image and then attach it, then it will show fine. Another option is to upload the image to a hosting site like Flickr, then post the link they provide when you click the Share button.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If you try to paste the pic into the post like you can on the official forum, it won't work. If you save the image and then attach it, then it will show fine. Another option is to upload the image to a hosting site like Flickr, then post the link they provide when you click the Share button.
    I tried the attach option, which is what I always did when I used Chrome. But it doesn't work with Firefox. Just like I can't have page breaks with Firefox, either. Just one run on paragraph.

The first update for Foxes is live:

Just in the Nick of time...a large update for #FreedomFox that will blow your doors off. AP fixes, open door sounds, and more...
    * Verify Files at the Orbx store to update
    !

The cost vs benefit doesn't warrant a purchase IMO. This is also a crowded corner of the market. At 50% of the price I might start considering it.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

price point? market saturation?

the reality is that there are tons of LSA and entry level through advanced single engine prop planes in the real world - someone is always waiting for one of them to be developed (Citabria Scout? Saia Marchetti? SF260) so wagging that finger at this developer seems unfair.

But the price does seem higher than what we've sort of established as the 'average' of around $25-30 USD - even though we know there is extra work involved with the MSFS SDK and the guarantee that ongoing SU's will create even MORE work for 3PD's as time passes.

Tough reception though for Parallel42's current entry on every board.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

For the money you get two planes, one of them modifiable (Multiple options), a small scenery, and two livery packs. I don't think it's that out of line for everything you get. :::shrugs::: Opened a Flikr account, so I can post images again.
    Last edited by Sundog; December 24th, 2021 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    For the money you get two planes, one of them modifiable (Multiple options), a small scenery, and two livery packs. I don't think it's that out of line for everything you get. :::shrugs:::
    +1 on the package content for $ spent.
    Pricing is at the top end, but worth it IMHO.

I have the Foxes & Kodiak 100.
    I have spent about 80% of my back country flying in the FF or Fox2, particularly the latter as the Stage 2 engine tune's extra power lets me get in & out of some tight canyons, & into very small strips.

20% of the BC flying has been in the Kodiak, but I much prefer the Fox aircraft due to their nimbleness & forgiving nature.
    They have just had an update that I have yet to check out, & some liveries have appeared in .to.
    T43

Updated Fox2 leaving North Star Ranch. Sound is better & speed tape has been adjusted for the Stage 2 engine equipped F2's higher top speed [142kts]

https://i.postimg.cc/7hPG0vY6/f2-3.jpg

After balking at the price up-thread, I went ahead and bought this due to all of the positive buzz. What an amazing job on the plane. Flies beautifully, looks great, and seems to perform akin to how Palmer describes the real thing. (Except you can't adjust trim in the sim by shifting your body around! )

Now if only I could erase that horrible BT Studio Kitfox I bought off Marketplace right after sim launch from my "Not Downloaded" list. And from my memory. I was willing to cut the dev slack because he launched one of the very first add-ons, back when documentation and SDK support was abysmal. But he's had a loooong time to fix egregious issues and hasn't done so. And not nitpicky issues like "unlabeled engine gauges" or "I see a roughly textured polygon in the back of the storage area behind cockpit" but rather "this STOL plane needs a half-mile to stop" kind of issues.

With apologies to anyone that likes 90's hair bands...

Unsticky Bump!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The model of Freedom Fox is present in Marketplace from now :
    https://www.flightsimulator.com/free...e-marketplace/ .

More info:
    https://parallel42.medium.com/trent-...c-599732d49a02 .

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    I'm very much in the "you can never have too many bush planes" camp,
    I'm very much in the "you can never have too many DC-3's, C-47's, Dakotas and Gooney Birds" camp and we ain't got non, nothing, nada... Ain't that sad ?..

Ok, i'll head on over to the Market and buy this thing, atleast it's a taildragger... Sigh....

Members who have read this thread: 1