SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons New thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons New thread

People,

This wonderful addon has been updated!

Changelog:
    Emergency update after Sim Update 9 to ensure displays working correctly
    CFT tanks disabled on F-16C and F-16D until new fuel_system can be implemented
    Small correction to Thunderbirds wing textures ( USAF and stars and bars added )
    New Asobo visual effects added for G vapour, contrails, Mach cone

Cheers,

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; May 4th, 2022 at 04:26. Reason: added changelog
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I've installed the latest update but the HUD doesn't have numbers in it, just the green lines, anyone else? I tried reinstalling twice which tells me it might something I have installed?

If I remember right, one of the GPS mods (I think it's the PMS GTN750) was causing that if it wasn't updated to the newest version, so try disabling/updating any of those and see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    If I remember right, one of the GPS mods (I think it's the PMS GTN750) was causing that if it wasn't updated to the newest version, so try disabling/updating any of those and see if that helps
    That was it, took it out of community folder and all is good, thanks!

After a long break from MSFS, I updated and reinstalled the latest release of the F-16. What happened? A 5 degree climb to 10000ft at Mil power and I was only able to maintain 220kts. A clean Viper should easily accelerate through 350kts+ up to the mid-high teens of altitude. Again, level flight at 10k in full mil, the jet will only do 330kts. The only way to accelerate is in full burner. Landing, I saw way too much drag from the speed brakes. So much that I had to be in full mil to prevent stalling on approach. Any chances for some updates? Thanks
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    After a long break from MSFS, I updated and reinstalled the latest release of the F-16. What happened? A 5 degree climb to 10000ft at Mil power and I was only able to maintain 220kts. A clean Viper should easily accelerate through 350kts+ up to the mid-high teens of altitude. Again, level flight at 10k in full mil, the jet will only do 330kts. The only way to accelerate is in full burner. Landing, I saw way too much drag from the speed brakes. So much that I had to be in full mil to prevent stalling on approach. Any chances for some updates? Thanks
    Hi, this is correct behaviour. The SC Designs F-16s are used and tested by a serving F-16C pilot, and she says they're spot on. Turbofan engine thrust performance is dependent upon Mach number. A single-engine jet therefore only sees its performance at higher Mach number. I routinely take off in mil power to conserve fuel. Wait until airspeed exceeds 350 knots to find higher performance in dry power.

Updates based on our resident Viper pilot's recommendations include less drag at corner velocity and 9G, and a little less gear-down drag as Vipers always want to be fast on landing, hence the use of speedbrakes in the landing configuration.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Ok thanks. I've got time in a few AF F-16 sims and that wasn't my experience at all.
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Ok thanks. I've got time in a few AF F-16 sims and that wasn't my experience at all.
    There are a huge number of factors that will influence performance in any aircraft - air temperature and density, fuel and ordnance load, altitude, dynamic thrust via Mach number etc etc. An aircraft flown in summer will often perform poorly compared to the same aircraft flown in winter, for instance, with MSFS being accurate enough to reflect this real life phenomenon. While no desktop simulator will ever be perfect in regard to aerodynamics, they can get reasonably close. The F-16 pilot we talk to said the clean F-16 was "perfect" and that we'd nailed it. With two tanks on, there was a little too much drag, but it wasn't far off. Most other comments were regarding fractions of a degree or accelerations of a few metres per-second per-second; tiny stuff basically.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 1