[Released 1/3] Urbana Grimes Scenery (I74) WIP

Thread: [Released 1/3] Urbana Grimes Scenery (I74) WIP

[Released 1/3] Urbana Grimes Scenery (I74) WIP

Greetings All! I've been away from the forum for awhile but I have been a regular lurker since MSFS came out. My brother is a graphic designer and a few weeks ago he dipped his toes into creating some scenery additions to the stock airport scenery of Grimes Field in Urbana OH (I74). You may recall that is our home field and where our family's Cub is parked. It is also home to the Champaign Aviation Museum and our B-17 build. Also the Grimes Flying Lab Museum which has a restored Twin Beech once used as a testbed for Grimes Aircraft Lighting. Mid America Air Museum has a restoration branch here as well and is the location where this year's Antique Grand Champion airplane at Oshkosh was restored. There is quite the fill of vintage aircraft housed on this tiny field, and hopefully it will make a quaint little stop for everyone simming in and around the midwest and Ohio. These are all work in progress shots and there is still some to do. Comments, Critiques, and Suggestions welcomed!!!

-Witt

PS, other notable aircraft on the field in real life include, but not limited to: C-47, A-26, Grumman Tracker, several Cessna O-2s, Cessna Birddog, Stinson in CAP scheme, B-25....

Mod edit: Download from here - https://flightsim.to/file/25653/grim...74-urbana-ohio

Last edited by Tom Clayton; January 3rd, 2022 at 14:21. Reason: D/L Link Added
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Two more photos.
    This is actually our hangar. Equipped with the actual things sitting in our hangar! Giant RC plane, (that I need to get out of there) P-51 Pedal Plane, some plastic tubs, ladder, etc....
    Door will be left open year round. Let's have a party!

If you take out the RC, the hangar won't be accurate! Do you want people to complain about it not being accurate???
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Amazing work! Your modelling and texturing are incredible. Looking forward to checking this out when it's finished.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    That is well done. Amazing detail.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Very well done! I know how one can be a perfectionist when modelling the place one actually flies from. This why I still have not tried to do my home base. It will never end!

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    "soon"
    Not the dreaded "S" word!!!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It is great to see this awesome scenery of this historic airport, with so many ties to warbirds and classic types, now available at Flightsim.to (https://flightsim.to/file/25653/grim...74-urbana-ohio)

YES!! Thanks for all the support Bomber! It is indeed up and ready to go, so everyone head over and grab it and check it out!!

Just a short hop from Mansfield, Ohio! Will be checking it out, looks fantastic!

We would love for everyone to give it a whirl and chime in with what they would like to see added/removed or anything to make this scenery better in version 2.0!!!

Congrats on the release! D/L link added to the initial post and title updated...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom!

Small impromptu flight around the airport today. Hope folks are enjoying it!

mooi by wittpilot05, on Flickr

Great work, thank you very much!!
    Anneke

Members who have read this thread: 0