New Fouga Magister for MSFS by Restauravia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fouga Magister for MSFS by Restauravia

New Fouga Magister for MSFS by Restauravia

Hello
    We have just put our Fouga Magister CM170 for MSFS online here: http://restauravia.fr
    This model is made for Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS). It mainly uses elements of the Fouga Magister modeled with Gmax by Restauravia for FSX and Prepar3D.
    The model has been completely reworked with Blender and reconfigured in accordance with MSFS requirements.
    A basic paint-kit will be online in the next few hours.
    Marc (Flying V)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fouga_6.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	85587

Name:	fouga_1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	85586

Thank you so much! I know what I'll be doing after work today!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Hello,

a big THANK YOU to the RESTAURAVIA team.
    Read the readme carefully to install the Fouga. In the aircraft selection menu look at POTEZ AIR FOUGA.

Quote Originally Posted by flying v View Post
    Hello
    We have just put our Fouga Magister CM170 for MSFS online here: http://restauravia.fr
    This model is made for Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS). It mainly uses elements of the Fouga Magister modeled with Gmax by Restauravia for FSX and Prepar3D.
    The model has been completely reworked with Blender and reconfigured in accordance with MSFS requirements.
    A basic paint-kit will be online in the next few hours.
    Marc (Flying V)

Name:	fouga_6.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	85587

Name:	fouga_1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	85586
    Very impressive exterior modelling.
    Hope Jankees gets hold of this aircraft.
    T43

Thank you for this beautiful plane.

Just did a test flight, highly impressed. She handles very convincingly and looks quite nice inside and out. There are some minor bugs with the interior lights. The UV lights on the side panels just adds a second floating layer on top of the unlit switches which looks odd up close. The main panel lighting causes some things such as switch covers to compeltely disappear. Otherwise I am having a lot of fun with this, thank you very much Restauravia!

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Very impressive exterior modelling.
    Hope Jankees gets hold of this aircraft.
    T43
    he did, and very pretty she is too

jk279 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk282 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk281 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

OUT-STAN-DING !!!!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Edit: I solved the throttle issue by unbinding and re-binding it. Some sim bug. Still can't start the right engine though. I'll keep digging for weird bindings.
    Edit 2: I finally started engine 2 by just trying over and over again. Eventually, it started. I wish I could say I knew what I was doing wrong, but persistence paid off.

---

Ok I'm pretty confused. After a successful flight I booted the sim back up for another and I have two problems. 1) I cannot move the throttle. I am using the HOTAS Warthog which was working fine, I checked to make sure the profile is still correct and it is, but the throttle will no longer move at all. 2) I cannot start engine 2, right engine, using either automatic (ctrl+e) or manually. I am following the steps in the included documents and did this successfully once before. I have not added or changed addons between flights. Anyone else running into this with the Magister?
    Last edited by LostPilot; December 13th, 2021 at 18:59.

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much

Excellent. I had ported the P3D one, and it was a lovely ride. Now it will be even more functional. Thanks for the great work.

August

I've been enjoying Fouga Magister models since FS9, this new version is excellent, brings it to a whole new level. Much thanks to the Dev Team for doing this model!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you to everyone involved, the offerings from Restauravia have long been a favorite of mine. Fingers crossed we see the Mirage make it's way over eventually!

Any chance there will be an update to fix the cockpit lighting issue? I've highlighted the issue in this link. Thank you! I'd use the forum but I'm sure my French would be shockingly bad.

https://imgur.com/a/UmFq7Cn

While not quite my cup of tea (the plane) the skins made by the crew on this site are simply suberb! Thank you for posting your paints. I realize they are definitely labors of love. Also, it's great to see more and more military types entering the foray.

Anyone by chance cruised over to VRS to see if they are going to port over Tac-Pack? Loved it in FSX, but I grew weary of FSX and the multitude of add-on's I always desired and the FSX engine never really getting updated. Anyway, really loving all that is coming out with MSFS.

Thanks again artist and developers.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Icon26

Hello
    Thank you for your compliments !
    I put a paint-kit for the Fouga on the site Flightsim.to
    Marc - Restauravia

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post

Anyone by chance cruised over to VRS to see if they are going to port over Tac-Pack? Loved it in FSX, but I grew weary of FSX and the multitude of add-on's I always desired and the FSX engine never really getting updated. Anyway, really loving all that is coming out with MSFS.
    I'd be really surprised if we ever get TacPack in MSFS, since VRS' pace of updates wouldn't work with how fast the sim changes, and the "no weapons" policy means they could never sell it on the Marketplace, which makes up a huge percentage of the total sales for the platform.

VRS typically took months to get their products working again when P3d updates released, and as far as I'm aware, they never released a version compatible with P3d v5, which has been out for well over a year.

Since MSFS gets substantial updates every 60 days, the current pace of updating their software means that VRS software would basically be permanently broken in MSFS, and there's also a chance that the method they use to make TacPack work as an external program doesn't work in MSFS for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    I'd be really surprised if we ever get TacPack in MSFS, since VRS' pace of updates wouldn't work with how fast the sim changes, and the "no weapons" policy means they could never sell it on the Marketplace, which makes up a huge percentage of the total sales for the platform.

VRS typically took months to get their products working again when P3d updates released, and as far as I'm aware, they never released a version compatible with P3d v5, which has been out for well over a year.

Since MSFS gets substantial updates every 60 days, the current pace of updating their software means that VRS software would basically be permanently broken in MSFS, and there's also a chance that the method they use to make TacPack work as an external program doesn't work in MSFS for whatever reason.
    Thanks for the reply. OP, sorry for the slight derail. It is a beautiful looking bird.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by flying v View Post
    Hello
    Thank you for your compliments !
    I put a paint-kit for the Fouga on the site Flightsim.to
    Marc - Restauravia
    Let's see if we can do something with that..
    jk11627 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

and an update, nearly there
    jk11646 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11632 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11707 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11701 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

just uploaded these two paints
    jk11771 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11725 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

file Comp

I'm creating the skins of "The Last of the many! Sorry but how do I manage the Comp files ??
    thank you

Name:	Fuselage1_T.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	85644

Name:	decal_fouga_1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	85645

The comp files are in the paintkit. Leave the metal colors of the aircraft bluish, the painted parts should be more toward red. Look at some of the textures that came with the model for ideas, or use mine if you like the effect.

BTW, MT-35 is already included, so you can use those textures and just add the text on the wing and the noseart.

Members who have read this thread: 0