Colors on the TAC, can they be changed?

Thread: Colors on the TAC, can they be changed?

Colors on the TAC, can they be changed?

Since I changed monitors I have a hard time distinguishing between the white color of bogies and the yellow color when you have them selected. No adjusting of my monitor settings helps.

Can the colors of these items shown on the tactical display be changed? Maybe make the yellow darker?

SOH-CM-2020
    yes they can. Do you know how to get to the file, under Documents and Settings\user\application data\microsoft\the name of your install?

Open the viewui.xml in Notepad and you will find colours specified like BogieColor="0xFFFFFFFF" - where FFFFFFFF is white. Your friendly colour is blue, and your enemy colour is red, etc.

I sometimes make my TAC white so it can be seen against darker backgrounds.

Sorry I don't know how to specify other colours no doubt someone knows.

HTH

Great! Thanks! I know that file. I changed the scale of the TAC there. Now all I have to do is figure out what code would be for a darker yellow. Would anyone know this? Would these be the same hexadecimal color codes for HTML?

I guess the first three two-digit groups are for red-green-blue component like HTML, and the last group is for transparency (00 is transparent, FF should be no transparency at all).
    Hope I am right as it's been a long time since I read this trick !

How to Find Colors

Google "Named Colors". You will find several sites that show many colors and their corresponding codes. Then plug these codes in where you want in the ViewUI file.

Hey gents....here's the string, I think, from ViewUI

HumanEnemyColor="0xFFFF00FF"

and here's a named color example from Google Iin this case green)

green 2 #00EE00 0 238 0 60928

I've no idea how to alter the green 2 string to the 0's and F's that seem to be the in game code for color/transparency......anybody? Thanks...

As said above, I think you edit this way :

HumanEnemyColor="0x00EE00FF"

I guess the last FF is for transparency. Try to edit to 80 and see if it is transparent.

Hope it helps.