Remarkable ultralight

Thread: Remarkable ultralight

Remarkable ultralight

Those who love flying low and slow for sightseeing (like me) will be happy with a new remarkable freeware ultralight, now available here:
    https://flightsim.to/file/24615/whittaker-mw6

To me it is level with the payware Nemeth Aerolite 103, and much better than the Asobo Solo 103 contraption.
    Everyone uses the sim their own way... this is mine!!

It is great to see this first entry into MSFS by our own Craig Richardson (his username here is "Full"). He has always done brilliant work.

https://www.rara-avis-sims.com/

Looking forward to flying this! Are Craig Richardson and Nigel the same Gent? I SO miss the Tutor!

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I blew right by that even knowing that Rara-Avis is Craig. Great to see him back in action.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Looking forward to flying this! Are Craig Richardson and Nigel the same Gent? I SO miss the Tutor!
    As do i, Carl ! Very much so ! I think Nigel's Avro Type 621 is the pinnacle of freeware biplane design in all the 'old school' FS/P3D editions. I have to think very hard if there's a payware biplane that surpasses the love and craftsmanship that Nigel has put into his superb masterpiece.

No, Graig Richardson is not Nigel, Carl. IIRC Nigel's last name is Richards. ( maybe Graig is his 'son'.. ;-)

It does look like both these gentlemen have a heart for historic biplanes. Good for them ! I'd be quite looking forward to Graig's Robinson Redwing II. Does resemble the Tutor a little bit, doesn't it.. :

(sorry for going off topic..)

Jan-

I'm flying her currently over Nice and she is indeed lovely.... glad to hear you're a fan as well.... the pitch power couple with the parasol wing is quite an important facet of path management and is quite well done.

Now, where's my Dak ?

C

Had a go of this today. Couple of issues though. It appeared that the parking brake wouldn't release for take off so had to start a flight in the air. Also, roll rate was poor. Whilst I haven't flown this particular microlight, I've flown several similar ones and roll rate was much more responsive. apart from that, it's a gem and takes me back

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    Had a go of this today. Couple of issues though. It appeared that the parking brake wouldn't release for take off so had to start a flight in the air. Also, roll rate was poor. Whilst I haven't flown this particular microlight, I've flown several similar ones and roll rate was much more responsive. apart from that, it's a gem and takes me back
    From the author's comments I gather that, in earlier versions, you had to click the top of the control stick to release parking brake. I think he has completely removed the parking brake in the latest version, until he finds a way to implement the usual shortcut key Ctrl+Num(.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    From the author's comments I gather that, in earlier versions, you had to click the top of the control stick to release parking brake. I think he has completely removed the parking brake in the latest version, until he finds a way to implement the usual shortcut key Ctrl+Num(.)
    Ah, brill, I'll have another play later thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0