SC Designs F-16 C, D and I Fighting Falcon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Designs F-16 C, D and I Fighting Falcon

SC Designs F-16 C, D and I Fighting Falcon

Sniper XR targeting pod available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Not really impressed from their release trailer. The details tell me this might have been rushed to release. US jets with CFTs. Taking off with speed breaks open. The two-seaters are missing the hydraulic strut that guides the canopy. Green instruments. ICP is incorrect.Maybe after they work through some patches, I'll give it another look.
    I pass gas!

Great screenshots Noddy, and thanks for sharing. Your images always make our products look better than we do!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Not really impressed from their release trailer. The details tell me this might have been rushed to release. US jets with CFTs. Taking off with speed breaks open. The two-seaters are missing the hydraulic strut that guides the canopy. Green instruments. ICP is incorrect.Maybe after they work through some patches, I'll give it another look.
    Yes, unfortunately we didn't make the trailer and those airbrake-open take offs are a bit embarrassing. Strut noted for an update. Asobo recently changed the entire fuel tank system, so the CFTs appear by default when they should only appear if filled with fuel ( thus keeping them to relevant airframes ). They can be removed by manually selecting CENTER 2 tanks to 0, same way that controls the other external tanks and the weapons. Fuel tanks will be hopefully sorted by Update # 1, just gotta learn the entire new fuel tank set-up.

DED and displays are just the best we can do right now in MSFS, did get a quasi-FLIR screen up in the right MFD which I thought was cool
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    DED and displays are just the best we can do right now in MSFS, did get a quasi-FLIR screen up in the right MFD which I thought was cool
    Can the page be selected and brought up via the OSBs on the MFD? Or is it a default screen? The displays should be white, just as a FYI. Sorry, I'm not trying to drag your work through the dirt. Just my observations.If you'd like help with the detail stuff, you can PM me. -Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Can the page be selected and brought up via the OSBs on the MFD? Or is it a default screen? The displays should be white, just as a FYI. Sorry, I'm not trying to drag your work through the dirt. Just my observations.If you'd like help with the detail stuff, you can PM me. -Jeff
    Not at all, constructive criticism is always welcome, and helpful.

MFDs are functional but we just don't have the skills yet to program true multi-function displays, and the target audience wouldn't really want them anyway - there are various options to change layouts, appearance and some data etc via the OSBs, but nothing super special. White displays is something I did not know about, but will make a note to have that changed if it's possible.

Can't wait to read the comparisons to the DCS version with those that do not understand the intent of DC/SC models in MSFS and the vast differences between platforms. Reading that with Asobo's own F-18E. I look past most of the pilot technique issues in release vids, need to check I think the HTS pod can only be mounted on left cheek. Looks to be a fun model.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Can't wait to read the comparisons to the DCS version with those that do not understand the intent of DC/SC models in MSFS and the vast differences between platforms. Reading that with Asobo's own F-18E. I look past most of the pilot technique issues in release vids, need to check I think the HTS pod can only be mounted on left cheek. Looks to be a fun model.
    Already had a few comments from the DCS fangirls on other forums spewing their usual vitriol ( same faces each time too ), but they're heavily outnumbered now by the positive feedback whenever I launch anything. It totally drowns out DCS users, they're just too small in number.

In the next update, is there a chance to boost the NAV lights, plus add a targeting pod (Sniper XR)?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/burmarrad/49962457593/

https://www.aerotechnews.com/davis-m...82-746x420.jpg

Thank you,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Blog Entries
    Already had a few comments from the DCS fangirls on other forums spewing their usual vitriol ( same faces each time too ), but they're heavily outnumbered now by the positive feedback whenever I launch anything. It totally drowns out DCS users, they're just too small in number.
    Dean, did you really have to say that? I am disappointed. I am a DCS user, and your statement is disingenuous to DCS users. I know you get tired of being compared to DCS aircraft. However, DCS is the gold standard as far as systems modeling goes. It is going to happen. Your fighter aircraft will be compared. Life is not fair.

Most of us know that you are not trying to compete with DCS. We can see through the fog put out by the DCS fan club.

On another note has anyone figured out how to put a NAV freq. into the F-16. Every time I type in the freq. using the ICP and then press L1, I get a Not Allowed on the bottom of the DED.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I can understand Dean's comment/reaction regarding some DCS users.
    I mean, if you take a look at the topics dedicated to Dean's planes in other forums, you always have quite nasty comments from DCS evangelists who believe military planes shouldn't even exist in any other sim than DCS.
    Yes we are all aware that most of DCS users are fortunately smarter than these. But these guys became just an expected nuisance every time a military plane appears on MSFS.

From my side, although I'm more keen on higher complexity aircraft, I can appreciate the existence of Dean's addons, and strongly support the existence of military planes in MSFS (or XPlane, or P3D, or anything NOT-DCS).
    I enjoy flying this kind of birds on long distances, anywhere in the world.
    Yes, I wish I could use the military systems, for example to practise shooting a few missiles and rockets, or dropping bombs, over some real-world military training zones, or over some real-world war theatres (past and present), but I can do without that for now. Sky patrol, formation flying, and other kind of non-fighting flights (99% of current flights done by military planes nowadays, maybe), are very enjoyable in MSFS, contrary to DCS.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Dean, did you really have to say that? I am disappointed. I am a DCS user, and your statement is disingenuous to DCS users. I know you get tired of being compared to DCS aircraft. However, DCS is the gold standard as far as systems modeling goes. It is going to happen. Your fighter aircraft will be compared. Life is not fair.

Most of us know that you are not trying to compete with DCS. We can see through the fog put out by the DCS fan club.
    Ditto. It is painstakingly obvious that no aircraft in M$FS has much systems depth. Why is that?

(P.S. I think it best I point out that my question is rhetorical.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post

On another note has anyone figured out how to put a NAV freq. into the F-16. Every time I type in the freq. using the ICP and then press L1, I get a Not Allowed on the bottom of the DED.
    Sorry John, but after four years of listening to DCS users whining about any military airplane in MSFS ( not just mine ) I have absolutely zero time for it. The DCS platform itself is good, the aircraft modules outstanding. However, the proportion of its users hurling toxic hate at others across the Internet, considering the tiny size of the DCS user market itself, is the reason I refuse to use it myself. The MSFS community is far better in that respect and, incredibly, the console-users are among the most considerate and polite of them all - surprised me for sure. I know everybody here at Sim Outhouse understands the reality of the difference between the two sims, and my comment wasn't directed at anybody here, it refers to YouTube, Facebook etc.

Regarding the NAV frequency - I will ask my coder to see what's required. The AP system is far more complex than anything I would have wanted to see in this airplane myself, as most fighters just have a simple AP - something I may return to in the future to be honest as the MSFS AP itself can be quite unstable, leading to problems with an AP that the real F-16 doesn't even have

Cheers, DC

Sorry John, but after four years of listening to DCS users whining about any military airplane in MSFS ( not just mine ) I have absolutely zero time for it. The DCS platform itself is good, the aircraft modules outstanding. However, the proportion of its users hurling toxic hate at others across the Internet, considering the tiny size of the DCS user market itself, is the reason I refuse to use it myself. The MSFS community is far better in that respect and, incredibly, the console-users are among the most considerate and polite of them all - surprised me for sure. I know everybody here at Sim Outhouse understands the reality of the difference between the two sims, and my comment wasn't directed at anybody here, it refers to YouTube, Facebook etc.

Regarding the NAV frequency - I will ask my coder to see what's required. The AP system is far more complex than anything I would have wanted to see in this airplane myself, as most fighters just have a simple AP - something I may return to in the future to be honest as the MSFS AP itself can be quite unstable, leading to problems with an AP that the real F-16 doesn't even have

Cheers, DC
    I'm sorry but you are ridiculous. You want to talk about "hurling toxic hate at others across the Internet" you need to take a step back and look at your own track record. Every time there is a slight criticism of your work it's met with insults and dismissal. And to be fair, it's not just DCS users that have criticism of your work. There are products that are just as good as yours, some better, that cost nothing. If you cannot accept criticism for a product, that you charge a lot of money for, you are in the wrong business. You have far too thin of a skin to be accusing anyone of toxic hate. You can call me a troll, try to insult me, dismiss what I say as just one individuals opinion, I really don't care, I don't buy your products. Other folk do and If you're going to throw toxic hate at those paying customers for having the nerve to criticize your products you need to branch out from the safe haven you find yourself in on these forums and look at the bigger picture, your attitude, along with the quality of your products, cost you sales. Oh and if you did decide to use the DCS market yourself, you would need to up your game considerably, there are community mods for that platform that are 1000 x better than what you produce. I'm no ED fanboy, I have a hate hate relationship with Wags for various reasons, I'm just a flight sim fan that's blown away by your hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by rubblebeam View Post
    I'm sorry but you are ridiculous. You want to talk about "hurling toxic hate at others across the Internet" you need to take a step back and look at your own track record. Every time there is a slight criticism of your work it's met with insults and dismissal. And to be fair, it's not just DCS users that have criticism of your work. There are products that are just as good as yours, some better, that cost nothing. If you cannot accept criticism for a product, that you charge a lot of money for, you are in the wrong business. You have far too thin of a skin to be accusing anyone of toxic hate. You can call me a troll, try to insult me, dismiss what I say as just one individuals opinion, I really don't care, I don't buy your products. Other folk do and If you're going to throw toxic hate at those paying customers for having the nerve to criticize your products you need to branch out from the safe haven you find yourself in on these forums and look at the bigger picture, your attitude, along with the quality of your products, cost you sales. Oh and if you did decide to use the DCS market yourself, you would need to up your game considerably, there are community mods for that platform that are 1000 x better than what you produce. I'm no ED fanboy, I have a hate hate relationship with Wags for various reasons, I'm just a flight sim fan that's blown away by your hypocrisy.
    I'm sorry, but that comment is way over the top. Dean/DC has always been frank about his products and that they do no offer loads of depth system wise. He is open to discussion with the community and follows up on the comments made, improving his products continuously.

And I don't think that he will ever need to use the DCS market.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I'm sorry, but that comment is way over the top. Dean/DC has always been frank about his products and that they do no offer loads of depth system wise. He is open to discussion with the community and follows up on the comments made, improving his products continuously.

And I don't think that he will ever need to use the DCS market.

Priller
    I don't think it is. I can see he gets a lot of support here which has given him the ability and free reign to insult whomever, paying customers, criticises his products here and elsewhere. He claims toxicity while demonstrating it himself. His products are "systems light" by his own admission but to use that excuse to criticism anyone criticizing the flight model, the textures, the low poly models is disingenuous.

"...I refuse to use it myself." That is quite the statement from someone that appears very critical of the simulator. So your criticisms are based on guesswork? I will give your opinions the weight they are due and I'm sure others will do (have done) the same. Please stick to M$FS.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

possible some folks might need to hit the pause button rather than 'submit reply' - take a minute before posting anything that a quick review might find better off deleted
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    possible some folks might need to hit the pause button rather than 'submit reply' - take a minute before posting anything that a quick review might find better off deleted
    Yes, this. I do my best on many, many forums across the Internet to communicate with customers, simmers, all folks really. The only time these kinds of responses appear is when I "dare" to criticise DCS World. And that, when so many DCS users spend their time trolling every military airplane release - just go on any video of my airplanes on YouTube, you'll see them immediately.

A great example of what I mean is FSElite. DCS users have trolled literally every single release of mine there, from 2019 to present. When FSElite ran recent piece on DCS and why now was a good time to join, guess how many of the vastly larger MSFS audience trolled that post? Zero. That's the difference, and why I don't use the platform at all.

As for the "criticising it without owning it" nonsense, that's another great example of how DCS users make up their own narrative. The very reply mentioned states how good a platform I think DCS is - it's not the sim, it's the toxic users who can't keep their mouths shut and just enjoy their sim, but have to try to tell everybody else why they're an idiot for not using it.

They're a vocal minority, though. The majority of DCS users enjoy the sim and aren't jerks on the Internet. There's a small, vocal crowd that travels in a pack on forums to make themselves feel better about themselves by denigrating others because they happen to have mastered a very complex PC game. I fly both. I own the crazy-complicated DCS F-16 (and I do know how to use it), but I really like the SC Designs F-16 because I can hop in and enjoy high-speed sightseeing in the amazing MSFS environment.

It's like the systems and texture mafias on the official MSFS forums. If you listened to them, you'd think MSFS was pure trash and there were no good planes for it. But then you realize it's 20 guys who spend their days complaining and really should try to find the fun in things.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    They're a vocal minority, though. The majority of DCS users enjoy the sim and aren't jerks on the Internet. There's a small, vocal crowd that travels in a pack on forums to make themselves feel better about themselves by denigrating others because they happen to have mastered a very complex PC game. I fly both. I own the crazy-complicated DCS F-16 (and I do know how to use it), but I really like the SC Designs F-16 because I can hop in and enjoy high-speed sightseeing in the amazing MSFS environment.

It's like the systems and texture mafias on the official MSFS forums. If you listened to them, you'd think MSFS was pure trash and there were no good planes for it. But then you realize it's 20 guys who spend their days complaining and really should try to find the fun in things.
    Thanks Denny, this is precisely what I'm referring to. I have DCS users who follow my FB page, own my products, enjoy them for what they are and often tell me that they too know about the disruptive and immature members of their DCS community. I very much suspect most DCS users are perfectly sensible. But their sim platform has a far higher percentage of toxic users than any other I've ever known, and they're doing their platform no favours and are a discredit to it. I reserve my own lack of patience pretty much for them only, as it's from them that 99% of the hate and "your work is garbage comes from". Other criticisms are taken on board all the time, every day, especially those from experienced users or real life pilots.

Members who have read this thread: 0