We're rolling out the "Barrel" for Christmas

Thread: We're rolling out the "Barrel" for Christmas

We're rolling out the "Barrel" for Christmas

We've had an F3F-2 in the inventory since 2001. Now we are delighted to announce a totally new, completely remastered version for MSFS. Lots of new detail and inclusions, fully functional cockpit and a function al tailhook for carrier landings when they arrive.

"GULFHAWK" the F3F-1 based racer/ display special built for Al Williams in the late '30s is also part of the package.

There's also a full digital WWise soundpack for BIG Wright Cyclone music.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GHD.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	85534
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F3FF.jpg   PearlA.jpg   F3FL.jpg   F3FM.jpg   GHB.jpg   GHE.jpg  

F3FK.jpg  

Oh, looking forward to this one.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Very nice!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

What a surprise!

btw. What about the DC-3? Is this year still relevant?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

We'll probably miss this year but remain hopeful. We await a beautiful sound pack being engineered by the best. We just have to be patient as he is VERY busy.

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We'll probably miss this year but remain hopeful. We await a beautiful sound pack being engineered by the best. We just have to be patient as he is VERY busy.
    If its just the sound pack I would be very very very very happy with no sound at all (or some very basic default) until the next release if we could get the DC-3 out this year.

This year if it kills me. And it probably will...
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Happy to wait for good sound! Also very happy to hear about this aircraft, look forward to it.

Yeah, but if it doesn't sound louder when you open the windows, you can expect two dozen messages on the official forum complaining. So, probably best to wait rather than giving those guys an easy target. This way they'll have to search the back of the plane's interior for a texture that doesn't meet their standards.

As the person behind the help desk email, I can categorically say, without a shadow of a doubt... that we will be waiting for the sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    As the person behind the help desk email, I can categorically say, without a shadow of a doubt... that we will be waiting for the sounds.
    The sounds of the DC-3 are one of it's character 'characteristics', & releasing without them would no doubt inundate your email with complaints.
    I am curious as to how the Gulfhawk, [which, btw, looks magnificent], managed to get its 'full digital WWise sound pack for BIG Wright Cyclone music', before the DC-3?
    Was it further along in the AH production schedule than the DC-3?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    The sounds of the DC-3 are one of it's character 'characteristics', & releasing without them would no doubt inundate your email with complaints.
    I am curious as to how the Gulfhawk, [which, btw, looks magnificent], managed to get its 'full digital WWise sound pack for BIG Wright Cyclone music', before the DC-3?
    T43
    I wouldn't expect a Wwise sound engineer to have any previous experience with flight simulators, even if they've worked on other games before, so it makes sense for them to learn the ropes on a smaller project like the Gulfhawk than be thrown in at the deep end with a prestige product like the DC-3.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Yeah, but if it doesn't sound louder when you open the windows, you can expect two dozen messages on the official forum complaining. So, probably best to wait rather than giving those guys an easy target. This way they'll have to search the back of the plane's interior for a texture that doesn't meet their standards.
    Sound attenuation is/should be a standard in MS2020. It's good people are raising their standards.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Not that I am counting rivetss, but the rivets in the screenshots look a bit too large compared to the actual aircraft. Maybe I am mistaken?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grumman wasn't called The Iron Works for nothing...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    T43
    Simple maths really. One engine requires 1 RTPC check ( well as many as you want but we're basing ours on the engine rather than other factors ) 1 reverb setting. Your camera doesnt move too much to get into the copilot seat... cos there isnt one.

2 engines require understanding and implementing doppler frequency checking. at least 3 RTPC game parameter checks ( eng 1 on only , eng 2 on only and both on would be the minimum ) but for example you put the left engine mixture to full as you have a perceived issue with the right engine and need to maintain your speed. That engines sound is not only going to be louder but of a different frequency and its SIMVAR_COMBUSTION_SOUND_PERCENTAGE will of course be different to the other side and that will have an effect with the stock shared set REVERbs. So do you make a different reverb ? Or you put the blower on the right engine and not on the left ? A different sound /reverb / highpass/low pass filter again.

Camera changes ? So you go into the copilot side. Pretty sure you would expect the sound to come more from the right speaker at a greater volume but also greater pitch. That requires a different spatial positioning setting.

Then you have the big chestnut. The one that we get the most "comments" about. OVerall volume. but that is a post for a different day .

As for production schedules we no longer comment.

Hopefully that helps as to why a sound set for a development might take longer than another. Its the same for all facets of a development to be honest.

Cheers.

Man, I'm so glad you guys revisited this bird. Thanks for the previews.

I think Christmas is wrapping up in Australia, but I'm hoping we might still see this one before the new year!

We just ran out of time I'm afraid. We've got a couple of things still to do and then she'll be out. Have a great Christmas everyone.

We just ran out of time I'm afraid. We've got a couple of things still to do and then she'll be out. Have a great Christmas everyone.
    Thanks for the update. Merry Christmas.

No worries Baz, always better to avoid rushing it. Looking forward to it. Happy holidays to everyone at AH!

Merry Christmas, Baz! Thanks to you and the team for all the great stuff over the years!

Members who have read this thread: 0