Payakan-Mav-Huub Vink Fokker T.5

Thread: Payakan-Mav-Huub Vink Fokker T.5

Payakan-Mav-Huub Vink Fokker T.5

The model has a non-operational VC. Mav picks Payakan (Alexander Van Hien) model and give a complete revision. I decided to give the plane a new panel and I used one of AlphaSim (today Virtavia) free stuff as a basis. There’s no remaining photo of the real stuff, so, I was a little creative about it. I also did a new airfile and a revised DP. Huub Vink authorized me to use his two skins made for FS09. I just converted them to Extended 565 format. I think the final mix give a very good representation of the real equipment. The plane has a decent German autopilot and needs no fuel management. It had only two fuel tanks with no crossfeed capability. I also added a complete GPS set to use in Europe and Pacific War Theatres. Before WW2, there was a possibility to transfer them to Dutch East Indies in case of a Japanese attack. Unhappily, until today we have no Indonesia CFS2 GPS available. I armed them with Uncle TGT new Dutch bombs.

Payakan_Mav_HVINK_Fokker_T5

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: The model has a non-operational VC. Mav picks Payakan (Alexander Van Hien) model and give a complete revision. I decided to give the plane a new panel and I used one of AlphaSim (today Virtavia) free stuff as a basis. There is no remaining photo of the real stuff, so, I was a little creative about it. Huub Vink authorized me to use his two skins made for FS09. I just converted them to Extended 565 format. I think the final mix give a very good representation of the real equipment. The plane has a decent German autopilot and needs no fuel management. It had only two fuel tanks with no crossfeed capability. I also added a complete GPS set to use in Europe and Pacific War Theatres. Before WW2, there was a possibility to transfer them to Dutch East Indies in case of a Japanese attack. Unhappily, until today we have no Indonesia CFS2 GPS available. I armed them with Uncle TGT new Dutch bombs.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Payakan_Mav_HVINK_Fokker_T5
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

A nice collaborative effort

Got it, thanks very much
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

As the repaints are already quite old and originally done for the AI in Cees Donker's De Vlijt/Texel scenery, I think I'm given too much honour. As I said before; Payakan's models don't like to be repainted. However in this case I think peperez added mipmaps to the textures when he converted them into extended 565 format as the textures are actually quite a bit sharper. See below.

Your latest request is coming along nicely however the textures from wings and fuselage are repeated all over the model. But the Fokker T.8w is actually the best model from Payakan I have worked on so far.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi all
    Thanks to everyone involved with this interesting project.
    Well Done
    Cheers
    Stuart

Library Staff
    Thanks chaps for the updates to this interesting but short-lived aircraft.

Cheers,
    Kevin

I used DXTBMP to convert the textures...

...unhappily, CFS2 has some issues with DXT3 format. I didn't remember to include mipmaps at conversion to 565 format.

Thank you Huub Vink!

Pepe

Lovely skins on a nice plane, many thanks to the staff

Martin

Huub Vink, you are right

[QUOTE=huub vink;1278458]As the repaints are already quite old and originally done for the AI in Cees Donker's De Vlijt/Texel scenery, I think I'm given too much honour. As I said before; Payakan's models don't like to be repainted. However in this case I think peperez added mipmaps to the textures when he converted them into extended 565 format as the textures are actually quite a bit sharper.[quote]

Yes, I used mipmaps without knowing it. Can you upload your skins in extended 565 format?

Cheers

Pepe

No problem Pepe, I will upload them in dtx3 format, which should work without any problems in CFS2.

Meanwhile the Fokker T.8W you requested is coming along nicely. When I have finished the RAF version I intend do two Dutch versions and I will try to do something more realistic for the German version.

And no I didn't make a mistake, for an unknown reason for me, the floats kept their original Dutch colours. After the German invasion 9 Fokkers were able to escape to England. The Fokker T.8 was quite a capable aircraft, however due to the lack of spares, the Fokkers from 320 (Dutch) squadron RAF, were replaced by the Avro Anson and Lockheed Hudson in September. already. The RAF kept one Fokker T.8w operational until September 1944, for secret missions behind enemy lines.

The Fokker T8 is one of the few aircraft which was operational both with the allied and axis forces. The Germans captured several aircraft among which the aircraft which were ordered by Finland. The Germans used the Fokker T8 mainly in the Mediterranean, for search and rescue duties, reconnaissance and anti-submarine patrols. Most Fokkers had already left active service in 1941, but the Luftwaffe managed to keep some Fokkers operational until the mid-1943.

SOH-CM-2024

Fokker T.5 & Fokker T.9

Thanks Mr Pepe,
    For the the really nice T.5 and the interesting T.9 and thanks to Huub Vink for the nice repaints .

As Always keep up the great work so we can all enjoy .
    Regards .
    [/QUOTE]

For those who have problems with blurred textures with this package, please download my original textures: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-V-texture-set

During the conversion by Pepe mipmaps where added to the textures, which cause blurries on some machines. The original package contains the textures in dtx3 format without mipmaps.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1