Lockheed L1329 Jetstar II -->FOR FS2004 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockheed L1329 Jetstar II -->FOR FS2004

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Hi see below
    1. I thought about that, since the replacement panel I used to get it flying had the same unlit gauges. (Fraser McKays panel for the HJG jetstar1)
    **EDIT** I reinstalled the entire aircraft and deleted the two rxp windows from the panel file. First launch the VC had FULL lighting, and the VC engine gauges all worked. it was glorious looking, but I chose the one model that didn't have a 2d panel. On reset, chose a different model with a 2d panel and VC backlights only shown on the static VC tectures- ALL the VC gauges failed to load. Tried 2 different models and same weird missing gauges. Relaunched and finally got a model that had a 2d panel, and working VC gauges. backlighting never returned in the VC. I'm at a loss here.

2. I didn't change any lights in the aircraft.cfg, so it's whatever they came with. I verifyied I have the fx files called for in the cfg. Whats weird is I posted a pic in this thread and they worked (Mckays panel and the FSD_JSII.air file). It's so weird.
    ***EDIT*** On reinstall landing lights returned. Issue resolved ??? <shrug>
    ***EDIT*** On closer inspection of the fuel panel items ... ... it's ... ummm...not ... umm umm.... sigh.
    Last edited by MaddogK; February 2nd, 2022 at 20:54.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

1 more comment on the landing light issue : The landing light switch on the 2d panel doesnt turn them on, only the VC landing light switch or the sim's global 'L' command will turn them on. Also- the VC switch is 3 position ON-OFF-ON so I'm thinking it was written for lo / high beam setup for each side ?
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    ... the switch is 3 position ...
    Maybe they imported the switches from Lucas Electrics. Remember their infamous three-position headlight switches: Dim, Flicker and Off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Maybe they imported the switches from Lucas Electrics. Remember their infamous three-position headlight switches: Dim, Flicker and Off?

Joe Lucas.
    He wasn't called the Prince of Darkness for nothing!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Glad y'all over here are enjoying this fine bird!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Very nice expat.
    MaddogK

its absolutely awesome! ive found a near perfect sound set is the bae146/avro rj sound by QW or HJG. only missing reverser sounds

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    its absolutely awesome! ive found a near perfect sound set is the bae146/avro rj sound by QW or HJG. only missing reverser sounds
    Actually closer to a Cessna Citation Bravo the Jetstar is Loud, much louder than a 146

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    1. I thought about that, since the replacement panel I used to get it flying had the same unlit gauges. (Fraser McKays panel for the HJG jetstar1)
    **EDIT** I reinstalled the entire aircraft and deleted the two rxp windows from the panel file. First launch the VC had FULL lighting, and the VC engine gauges all worked. it was glorious looking, but I chose the one model that didn't have a 2d panel. On reset, chose a different model with a 2d panel and VC backlights only shown on the static VC tectures- ALL the VC gauges failed to load. Tried 2 different models and same weird missing gauges. Relaunched and finally got a model that had a 2d panel, and working VC gauges. backlighting never returned in the VC. I'm at a loss here.

2. I didn't change any lights in the aircraft.cfg, so it's whatever they came with. I verifyied I have the fx files called for in the cfg. Whats weird is I posted a pic in this thread and they worked (Mckays panel and the FSD_JSII.air file). It's so weird.
    ***EDIT*** On reinstall landing lights returned. Issue resolved ??? <shrug>
    ***EDIT*** On closer inspection of the fuel panel items ... ... it's ... ummm...not ... umm umm.... sigh.
    We tested the fuel- its working

Is that in your panel.cfg

gauge36=LJS!Fuel_Control_V, 1511,1031,31,30
    gauge37=LJS!Fuel_Control_H, 1550,1049,30,33

BR

Roland

Not it’s loudness but it’s unique idle/spool and full throttle buzzsaw like sound

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    We tested the fuel- its working

Is that in your panel.cfg

gauge36=LJS!Fuel_Control_V, 1511,1031,31,30
    gauge37=LJS!Fuel_Control_H, 1550,1049,30,33

BR

Roland
    Yes, the only thing I've done to the panel is remove the realityxp gauge.
    MaddogK

Does this beautiful biz jet have a paint kit?
    Alex

Brisbane, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Does this beautiful biz jet have a paint kit?
    There is a paintkit in the Library for the FSX/P3D model, might be worth checking out if the mapping hasn't been altered.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 1