A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Cessna 195 revision by UncleTgt

This is a collection of modifications to turn Joe Binka's "Shaky Jake" Cessna 195 into a light CASEVAC plane for use in CFS 2.

This project started when I couldn't find any Stinson L-1 Vigilant to use for resupply missions in the Owen Stanley mountains between Port Moresby, Myola Lake & Kokoda. Although the Cessna 190/195 was a postwar design, it looks vaguely similar & is of similar dimensions.

I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft just to simplify the installation into the sim.

I've reduced the model shine for camouflage paint. The model is suitable for use in Quick Combat/Free Flight, & the animations have been adjusted to work in CFS 2 (see the text file for details). I used MDLmat to tweak the glass colour & gloss.

I've made the 2D panel bitmap WIN 7+ safe. I created a new airfile & DP file for CFS 2.

The DP file has 2 different payloads, supply sacks & CASEVAC passengers & so new weapon bgls were created for this.

I've also included a simple supply drop mission that uses a trigger aim point for dropping supplies. If you're successful, the scattered sacks will now show on the LZ.

The texture supplied is: "119050" Actually a Stinson L-1 Vigilant ambulance, this aircraft flew in support of the Australians as they began pushing the Japanese away from Port Moresby & back over the Owen Stanleys. This aircraft flew several missions into Myola Lake LG.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Joe Binka for the original Shaky Jake, an old model that converts well & takes new paint well too.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX, such a clever & versatile tool.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

DEC 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Cessna 195 revision by UncleTgt.zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.