FSX Gold vs FSX-SE for Sim Rebuild?

Thread: FSX Gold vs FSX-SE for Sim Rebuild?

Hybrid View

FSX Gold vs FSX-SE for Sim Rebuild?

Last week my PC gave me the "Black Screen of Death" while I was getting a cup of coffee. If my computer repair folks can't recover the data on the bad HD my entire FSX and FS9 installs are down the drain. Yes, it's my fault for not doing proper back-ups. With that admission off my chest, my question is: If you were starting over in FSX would you stay with the FSX Gold with Acceleration disk set or go with FSX Steam Edition?

Actually I would probably go with Steam Edition, only because it does have some bug fixes in it that would not be present in the original Gold edition.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I agree with Joe
    Also you wont have to jump through hoops activating it.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Steam would be the way to go. We build for it and if you had any of our models we will replace them at no charge. Just PM me

With my new computer I made the switch from boxed FSX Acceleration to FSX Steam Edition. Installation was a breeze, although I do recommend installing it a directory other than C:\Program Files (x86).
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The Steam version also got some updates that the boxed version never did.

Members who have read this thread: 0