Live weather not working

Thread: Live weather not working

Live weather not working

So I am giving MSFS 2020 another go and its been a while since I last loaded it up. I can not seem to get Live Weather to work, it only gives me a clear sky. Any ideas?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I think it never really did work great.
    At least in some regions.
    In the tropics , it always gives thunder and lightning.
    Even with clear skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    So I am giving MSFS 2020 another go and its been a while since I last loaded it up. I can not seem to get Live Weather to work, it only gives me a clear sky. Any ideas?
    Asobo recommend starting your flight with the Clear Weather preset, then select Live Weather from the in-game Menu Bar.

The latest issue seems to be that it just takes a couple of minutes to load in. The starting with clear bit was for repeat flights. The issue was (several updates back) that you'd finish one fight on live weather, then set up another one, but all you'd get is clear skies. For that, Asobo said to start your first flight in clear weather, then select live once you've clicked Fly Now.

Personally, I haven't seen this issue. It may be related to which regional server you're on.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks for the replies. I will try what you suggested.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Members who have read this thread: 0