Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina for Fs9

Thread: Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina for Fs9

Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina for Fs9

Hi Folks,
    Another one 'finally' ha!, the PBY-5A amphibian version of the Catalina series I've been doing. This is the first of the PBY-5A amphibian series, an early non radar equipped aircraft, based on Alphasim's freeware one.

Just uploaded...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=28846

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PBY5A Fs9 1.jpg   PBY5A Fs9 3.jpg  

Hey now! Thanks, Shessi, I've been waiting for the -5A since you mentioned it a few weeks ago.

Excellent! Thanks!

Now to see if the skins I painted for the original AlphaSims model will need adaptation for the new one. It's been quite some time and I don't recall what I had to do, if anything, with the earlier models.

Consolidated Catalina PBY-5A Fs9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: A WWII US Consolidated PBY-5A amphibian flying boat for Fs9.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Consolidated Catalina PBY-5A Fs9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nice cat

Thank you Shessi for yet another of your gems. This a/c has always had great allure. The mechanical version of the far ranging Albatross. A lot of work on ALPHA'S original creation complemented by a very nice 'skin'.
    Mal

Glad you like it gents, and thanks Mal.

Also thanks to Alphasim and Mav's help.

Mick, there aren't too many tex differences, if you remember with the 5, I re-mapped a few tex to make it easier.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ... Mick, there aren't too many tex differences, if you remember with the 5, I re-mapped a few tex to make it easier.
    Cheers, Shessi
    I remember pretty much what you did; I just have to fiddle about and re-learn the details. I do remember that it wasn't difficult once I knew what was needed. Cutting and pasting and re-arranging, if I recall, not any actual re-painting. Well, not unless I come upon something that I've learned to do better in the intervening time.

I also have to figure out which of the numerous skins I have that I painted and which ones I got from others.

I have very little hobby time these days but I will get to it before too long.

Cheers,

Mick

Thank you Shessi. Lovely looking kite.

Members who have read this thread: 0