Gloster Meteor Mk.8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gloster Meteor Mk.8

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    I have just posted an upgraded model with much improved PBR textures and re-mapped fuselage.
    An update to the Meteor AND a Danish livery on one day - my cup runneth over!

Thank you very much Rob and Jan.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

The update will have no effect on repaints.
    The paints from JanKees are now a lovely shade of pink?

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Yep, I'm seeing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    mm, I'll look at this when I get home, hopefully tomorrow evening

edit: downloaded the new version, and I think I see the problem. The new version now has comp files, which my paints don't have.
    My guess is that if you copy the comp files into my texture folder, and recompile the layout.json file, then it should be ok again. I'm back at my paint-computer tomorrow evening, but maybe someone could check if this is indeed the case?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    My guess is that if you copy the comp files into my texture folder, and recompile the layout.json file, then it should be ok again. I'm back at my paint-computer tomorrow evening, but maybe someone could check if this is indeed the case?
    Yes, that works. The comp files will probably need to be edited for full compatibility so only the shiny bits are shiny etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Yes, that works. The comp files will probably need to be edited for full compatibility so only the shiny bits are shiny etc.
    Thank you for checking, I'll start updating my paints over the next few days, only 11 to do...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I have just posted an upgraded model with much improved PBR textures and re-mapped fuselage.
    ​Is the link posted in post #1 the link to the updated version?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Thank you for checking, I'll start updating my paints over the next few days, only 11 to do...
    Sorry about all this Jankees, I should have let you know what I was up to but had no idea it would be a problem.

Rob

Sorry about all this Jankees, I should have let you know what I was up to but had no idea it would be a problem.

Rob
    no worries Rob, it's a relatively simple solution, the main problem is my own productivity..

first update attempts:
    jk11553 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11548 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

all meteor paints have now been updated. Make sure you have the new version of the Meteor from the SOH library, and then download my textures again.

and if you like the asobo TBM, I updated those textures as well

Many thanks for doing this.

Amazing. I never even realised this was available for MSFS. It looks great!
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thanks for the updates to the paints JanKees, and also thanks to Rob for the Meteor update as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Thanks for the updates to the paints JanKees, and also thanks to Rob for the Meteor update as well.
    Please let me know if there are any problems, I think I covered everything, but with 11 repaints, I may have missed something.

anybody interested in more Meteor paints?

jk12621 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk12630 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk12646 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Is it me, or is the Meteor a bit more sluggish after the update, especially in its roll rate?

I'd better do another then...

jk12715 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk12718 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Any chance of No 1 Squadron ?

Quote Originally Posted by NOSNILMOT View Post
    Any chance of No 1 Squadron ?
    I'll see what I can do. Do you have any good pics?

but first a request for one from 74 squadron:
    jk12791 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk12800 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Re 1 Squadron, photos seem quite hard to come by on the internet - the best that I have found were by searching "Corgi Meteor 1 Squadon" which brings up photos of the 1:72 Corgi die cast model of a plain F8 WE947 / L in the later squadron markings ie red bars with a white inner. ExtraDecal sheet X72-057 (also on internet) shows the same aircraft.

The best overall reference that I have found is Volume 1 of Roger Lindsay's excellent "Cold War Shield" series - this shows that the Squadron's first F8s carried the wartime squadron code (eg VZ550 /JX-H). When the red bars first appeared, they were not infilled with white (eg WF642 / T and WH375 / H). Towards the end of the F8's camouflaged aircraft were used with the red bars infilled white (eg WL177 / Z).

Now what would be fun would be a Number 1 F4 in the rather outrageous red bars applied to two F4s - search "Revell Meteor F4" and see the box art !

I found a picture of WA988 in 1 sqn colors, so here you go:
    jk12837 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk12827 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk12821 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Thanks very much ! looking forward to flying it !

Members who have read this thread: 9