Nieuport 17 Upgrade

Thread: Nieuport 17 Upgrade

Nieuport 17 Upgrade

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: This is an authorised upgrade for Gary Aumaugher’s Nieuport 17 series of sesquiplane scouts used by French and British units over the Western Front in 1916 and 1917.

Four versions carrying different machine gun armaments are provided.

Upgraded aircraft.cfg, air and DP files are by John P. Fortin (Blood_Hawk23).

Stephan Scholz (aleatorylamp) has further tweaked the air file to stop the aircraft rolling forward on the ground when the engine is idling.

Martin Klein has upgraded the original models with a new pilot, virtual cockpit and Lewis gun, as well as large spinner variants.

The panels have been upgraded by Martin with authentic gauges and modifications to Morten Krogstad’s (Morton) bitmaps to suit the armament and instruments of each model.

The package includes new texture sets by Martin Klein and Michael Lang (Ravenna), as well as Martin’s remapped versions of Gary Aumaugher’s, Eric’s (AER_DaddyO), David Hasdell’s and Nick Tselepides’ (jinx) original liveries to suit the upgraded models.

Westfront

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nieuport_17_Upgrade.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Here are some screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nieuport 17 - Aviation Maritime 1.jpg   Nieuport 17 - Ball 1.jpg   Nieuport 17 - Ball 3.jpg   Nieuport 17 - Bishop.jpg   Nieuport 17 - Boyau.jpg   Nieuport 17 - Mannock.jpg  

Nieuport 17 - Nungesser.jpg   Nieuport 17 - Tarascon 1.jpg  

Nice surprise guys Great work.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

A superb and comprehensive effort Martin and team Westfront! The nieuports fly wonderfully out of the box in FS2004 and looks beautiful with exception of the throttle and the magneto switch in the virtual cockpit and the propwash, all of which, when time permitting, do fix them for compatibility in FS2004; it would be highly appreciated!

Folks, give 'em a spin, especially those also flying FS2004, for Stephan's flight dynamics modeling is a treat! In addition to the fantastic Michel Migaud's Nieuport 17 and Lagaffe/French-VFR's Nieuport 17 releases for FS2004, Team Westfront's is equally superb (with exception of a few glitches in FS2004) and may I dareadd with more variants, and here is hoping they give a similar upgrade treatment to Gary's other Nieuports.

cheers!

Blog Entries
    Thanck you all the team Westfront for these birds.They are wonderfull
    Beepee

Thanks Wolfebee and Beepee, I'm glad you appreciate it.
    Course those birds were made for CFS2 and the show/hide gauge system looks a bit strange in FS9, space of being invisible the hidden gauges are "very gloss", but perhaps somebody knows the way to convert a CFS2 model to a native FS2004 one, where the prop and the gauges would show fine?

Cheers
    Martin

Don't think there is one, although I am uncertain myself. It'd be nice to fly them natively in FS9... Cheers!

Thank you! What a nice surprise!

Library Staff
    Hi Folks,

I've updated the package with an improved performance air file and a livery for the Italian ace Francesco Baracca. See the readme for credits.

Cheers,
    Kevin

thanks aall for the It just keeps getting better and better! Thanks to all!

Thx for the upgrade!!!

Cheers mav

Library Staff
    Voyager has pointed out the aircraft.cfg for the Nieuport 17LV did not match the names of the texture folders. This has now been fixed - thanks very much Voyager!

This version of the Nieuport has a corrected livery by Martin Klein for one of the aircraft flown by Charles Nungesser and a new livery by AER_DaddyO for Francesco Baracca's aeroplane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nungesser 1895.jpg  

Icon22 Reply...

Good morning,

Now that is one good-looking bebe!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 2