Sim skunk works tf-104 g released - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sim skunk works tf-104 g released

just like the new figure more since it's what's used today and i'm flying today. the italians flew with hgu68 at the end as well.

getting a choice is always better.
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Golding View Post
    Was that the model that included the engine? You could remove the tail section/rear fuselage to see it.
    Hi Paul,

Well, i must say that i honestly don't remember... But a bit of google turned up the contents of the box :

That must deffinately be the engine halfs there at the bottom..

Sadly the model didn't survive the few moves we had to go thru. I loved it very much but it was far from the modeling skills i learned years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I saw a screenie here the other day of Dave's beautiful Dragon Rapide with the default MSFS militairy pilot inside the cockpit ! Wow!! I certainly hope that this is not the future of our precious virtual flying world. That looked particularly disturbing and out of this virtual world !
    Guilty was my screenshot, was just a prove of concept so don't worry .

General on the pilot figures, saw a nice solution with the upcoming AH P-51D, were you have the choice between a WWII pilot, or the default Asobo pilot (which you can select via the menu).
    Only Asobo did not think of the possibility to include the F-18 pilot as a option in this menu... which can be done with not too much effort.

Marcel

Hi Paul,

Well, i must say that i honestly don't remember... But a bit of google turned up the contents of the box :

That must definitely be the engine halves there at the bottom..

Sadly the model didn't survive the few moves we had to go thru. I loved it very much but it was far from the modeling skills i learned years later.
    Maybe it was just the engine that could slide out as opposed to the tail being removed. Looks like it from those parts.

I can remember building this in the JASDF scheme. Must've been in the 70's. I worked part-time in my teens at a local aviation museum (Southend Aircraft Museum), and as I was into building models at the time, the museum shop gave me the "job" of building some of the models for display. They actually gave me the models, and then even paid me to build them!

Going further OT, I can also remember they had the nose section of an EE Lightning there, and one of my jobs was to manually pump up the hydraulic pressure so the canopy could be opened and closed while visitors could climb in.

[/QUOTE]Richard, this is spectacular. Do you plan to make this available on flightsim.to? -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

This one is

jk11438 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11422 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11420 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Guilty was my screenshot, was just a prove of concept so don't worry .
    Ha ha! Sure, not worrying at all, just thought it was hilarious.

General on the pilot figures, saw a nice solution with the upcoming AH P-51D, were you have the choice between a WWII pilot, or the default Asobo pilot (which you can select via the menu).
    That would be fine ! I wouldn't mind if Asobo and/or Devs wouldn't stop there and provide more options in that particular department. Possibly ending in an animation of the pilot/pilots walking up to their aircraft and climbing into the cockpit. Mechanic helping to strap them in and all. I'd by a prop- or jetfighter just to see that. Hehe

Only Asobo did not think of the possibility to include the F-18 pilot as a option in this menu... which can be done with not too much effort.
    And so you thought you'd show that by putting a jetfighter pilot into a Dragon Rapide.

Maybe it was just the engine that could slide out as opposed to the tail being removed. Looks like it from those parts.
    The fuselage seems to end aft of the speedbrake compartiments so it may well have been possible to slide the aft fuse including the empennage backwards. The more i think about it the more clear it seems to get. I do seem to remember now that there even was such a typical stand on wheels to hold it. I don't think the wheels could move though.. ;-)

While typing this i googled some more et voila !:

Also did the Italieri 1/12 F-104 cockpit :

(not my copy, mine looked better..;-)

I can remember building this in the JASDF scheme. Must've been in the 70's. I worked part-time in my teens at a local aviation museum (Southend Aircraft Museum), and as I was into building models at the time, the museum shop gave me the "job" of building some of the models for display. They actually gave me the models, and then even paid me to build them!
    Wow! That's the way to do it. Good for you !

Going further OT, I can also remember they had the nose section of an EE Lightning there, and one of my jobs was to manually pump up the hydraulic pressure so the canopy could be opened and closed while visitors could climb in.
    A boy's dream come true !

An event i still have fond memories of is when the electricity went out in the Aviodome museum at Schiphol. I was there to help setup the annual "Flight Simulator Weekend". No public yet. For the moment we had nothing to do. Still lots of light coming from outside so i started walking around, nobody around (imagine you have a whole aircraft museum to yourself ! ;-) and jumped in any of cockpits of which the canopies were open. Not a boy anymore but still a dream come true too !

Would love to know the trick to getting the throttle to work with this one. Using a Saitek X-52 that works great with every other aircraft, but with this one, advancing the throttle seems to give it reverse thrust?! I can't find a switch to advance the throttle normally for takeoff. I have tried remapping axis, as well as reverse my throttle axis as well.

I made it a year ago...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    This one is

jk11438 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11422 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11420 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    I love "Renee" ! A sober but very elegant dress.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Richard, this is spectacular. Do you plan to make this available on flightsim.to? -d[/QUOTE]

Hello dvj,
    Thank you for your interest.
    Sure I will publish it.
    I started textures for MSFS2020 only a few months ago. I am still "learning"!
    I undertook more or less ten textures for the TF104 from SSW, mainly in Belgian colors.
    As soon as they are finished I will publish them as soon as possible.
    Patience !

The fuselage seems to end aft of the speedbrake compartiments so it may well have been possible to slide the aft fuse including the empennage backwards. The more i think about it the more clear it seems to get. I do seem to remember now that there even was such a typical stand on wheels to hold it. I don't think the wheels could move though.. ;-)

While typing this i googled some more et voila !:

Ah, now it becomes clearer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    I made it a year ago...

Impressive!

Also did the Italieri 1/12 F-104 cockpit :

Now that looks fiddly.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Would love to know the trick to getting the throttle to work with this one. Using a Saitek X-52 that works great with every other aircraft, but with this one, advancing the throttle seems to give it reverse thrust?! I can't find a switch to advance the throttle normally for takeoff. I have tried remapping axis, as well as reverse my throttle axis as well.
    I'm using the same with default settings. Whilst it doesn't help, I can say my X-52 doesn't do what yours does.

On the other hand, I find flying this really difficult! Controlling pitch with anything but trim is really jerky. A very unpleasant experience, but I know it must be me

I'm using the same with default settings. Whilst it doesn't help, I can say my X-52 doesn't do what yours does.

On the other hand, I find flying this really difficult! Controlling pitch with anything but trim is really jerky. A very unpleasant experience, but I know it must be me
    Perhaps something broke for me using the beta update.
    Everything else works seemingly fine, but when I push my x-52 throttle forward, the throttle in the jet goes backwards, and reverse thrust is applied. This throttle is mapped to the MSFS throttle axis, and again, works fine with every other aircraft. The only way to take some control of the throttle is to manually press the F3 and F2 keys to advance / decrease the throttle input, but I’d much prefer to use my mapped axis. I also experimented with a key mapping for toggle reverse thrust, and when I press that a bunch the throttle will match to the axis position for a split second, then return to only going backwards.

I know the dev is a member here, but I can’t seem to find other means of contacting them. I hope they see this and can address it.

you can reach the dev at help-desk@simskunkworks.it
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

jk11451 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11450 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11485 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

LN3 files

For interest I’ve found a way to convert Little Navmap plans to LN3 format for use in the inertial navigation, using a small google spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Included in the sheet are a couple of my favourites

- Mach Loop and back to Raf Valley
    - Star Wars Valley, Loch Ness, Tain Weapons range and recover to Lossiemouth
    - and now Pembrey and Holbeach ranges and the Derwent(Dambuster practice)
    Instructions are in the first tab, I drop the first line of the plan as it’s the departure field and that save waypoints 🙂
    Let me know if problems and if any use…

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Richard, this is spectacular. Do you plan to make this available on flightsim.to? -d[/QUOTE]

This is amazing - love those testPlease let u sknow if this will be available to download?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Sounds are just fantastic !
    Can't wait to have a Photoshop paint kit !
    This looks great Richard !

[QUOTE=000rick000;1277881]I've done some texturing of the DCS F-104G mod and hope to put my own flair to the SSW mod. I just reinstalled MSFS last night specifically for the TF-104! The beauty is that DCS/MSFS share the same work flow for texturing so there's nothing new to relearn! I'm hoping to get a look like the below (or better) on the SSW version. Which is FAR more detailed in it's development than this simple mod, from what I can tell so far from all the posts here. Way more friendly paint setup from what I've seen posted already. Nice job SSW!

This repaint looks amazing ! Can't wait for it to be released ! Does the paintkit allow you to repaint the crew helmets etc?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    The Belgian family is growing.

Brilliant work Richard !

Members who have read this thread: 87