aerosoft.com
    orbxdirect.com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lady.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	85237
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Off to buy it RIGHT NOW. PLEASE work the F-104G next...even if the only external stores allowed are fuel tanks! We need a single seater too!

Kent

All stores should be possible, by avoiding the Microsoft Store!

But F-84 next, then Tornado

If someone could post which liveries are available in the default package I would greatly appreciate it!

I'll be getting this as soon as it's up at Orbx. Thanks for bringing this to MSFS SSW.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    If someone could post which liveries are available in the default package I would greatly appreciate it!
    Here are the included liveries:
    - Italian AF 20-4
    - NASA
    - Italian AF 20-15
    - Belgian Air Force FC-06 (70-80s camo)
    - Luftwaffe 28+16 (60s/70s camo)
    - Luftwaffe BB+362 (early 60's bare metal)
    - Luftwaffe 28+35 (80s camo)
    - Lockheed world demo aircraft
    - Dutch D5813
    - USAF "Cactus" (Bare metal)
    - Former RoNAF LN-STF (Air Show Demo aircraft)
    - Starfighters N992SF
    - RDAF RT-684
    - RoNAF FN-M (Bare metal)
    - Greek AF TF-906

Hope that helps.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    We need a single seater too!

Kent
    +1!

Btw. link for the store: https://secure.simmarket.com/sim-sku...for-msfs.phtml .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A no brainer, instant buy for me. Bought, installed, but sadly no time to fly the bird...

But given the immensely improved user friendliness of Sim Skunkworks addons in MSFS compared to their addons in legacy sims (like with the Gina), I'm standing by to be hugely impressed!

Priller

PS: Mods/admins, doesn't this deserve a sticky?
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It's nice but like the previous sim versions, a handful! But I like the challenge of flying it. The visual afterburner effect is decent but not to the same realism as the old animated particle burners of FSX/P3D but it's understood that this is a temporary limitation of materials via the SDK. It is a great model, best Mil Jet so far for FS2020. I know more are coming that will raise the bar even higher.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    PS: Mods/admins, doesn't this deserve a sticky?
    At least gimme a chance to get on here!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

We need a single seater too!

Kent
    And...on SSW's webpage, they have confirmed that they are working on a single seater!

Flies pretty good once you get the hang of it...my major gripe is that it is too tippy on the landing gear once you land it.

Kent

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    And...on SSW's webpage, they have confirmed that they are working on a single seater!

Flies pretty good once you get the hang of it...my major gripe is that it is too tippy on the landing gear once you land it.

Kent
    That is excellent news, Kent. Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes, the TF-104G is wonderful. After three flights no issues mentioned. Out of limits, she is a real widowmaker. Watch G-Meter.

TF-104 by TiAr, auf Flickr

TF-104_1 by TiA, auf Flickr

TF-104_2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Here are the included liveries:
    - Italian AF 20-4
    - NASA
    - Italian AF 20-15
    - Belgian Air Force FC-06 (70-80s camo)
    - Luftwaffe 28+16 (60s/70s camo)
    - Luftwaffe BB+362 (early 60's bare metal)
    - Luftwaffe 28+35 (80s camo)
    - Lockheed world demo aircraft
    - Dutch D5813
    - USAF "Cactus" (Bare metal)
    - Former RoNAF LN-STF (Air Show Demo aircraft)
    - Starfighters N992SF
    - RDAF RT-684
    - RoNAF FN-M (Bare metal)
    - Greek AF TF-906

Hope that helps.

Kent
    Out of curiosity i made an effort to setup that listing too but you beat me to it. ;-)

How exactly did *you* establish that list, Kent ?

Myself i googled the, what *could* appear as a squadron or reg number, together with 'TF-104G Starfighter'. I'd say that took me half an hour but i like to puzzle so it was fun and it worked more or less.

If you look at MSFS itself it's easy to figure that it was designed by extremely clever individuals, scientists even. If you look at how the various aircraft models are presented it's easy to figure that it was designed by a 6 year old via a Playmobil toy computer... Sjeeezzz...

The SSW TF-104G comes with 15 liveries so we can read 15 times about the same cruise speed, max altitude, endurance and range. Lest we forget...

Can we atleast read something about the specific aircraft's credentials ? No, of course not, who's interested in that ? You get some nice new colors to choose from, that should be enough.

I'm sure, some day, possibly later than sooner, we don't need to google a selected aircraft anymore. We'll get a proper aircraft selector menu with proper info about a selected aircraft instead of the current rediculous and useless 'information'.

Curious to hear how you set your listing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    How exactly did *you* establish that list, Kent ?
    Nothing magical...I had installed the TF-104, so I went through and just used the info provided in the selection window for each plane. The only other "advantage" I may have had is that I am a Starfighter manic, so I am very familiar with each era in the plane's career, and the different schemes were used at each point. For example...the release included NONE of the grey-painted MAP-supplied aircraft from the 60s. Initial deliveries to NATO countries like Denmark and Netherlands actually had a grey anti-corrosive paint applied initially. In addition, I was surprised to not see an RCAF CF-104D included as one of the paint schemes.

For "Zipper" fans like myself, Christmas has come early!

Kent

Nothing magical...I had installed the TF-104, so I went through and just used the info provided in the selection window for each plane.
    Ok, sure, that's what i did too but the aircraft images are not very clear (to say the least). With some it is impossible to tell what roundels are used. So, let's take RT684 f.i., you could just tell by heart that it was used by the Danish AF ?.... Wow! ;-)

Btw, i might've been walking around the real RT-684 a couple times ( Ok, maybe about half a century ago.. ;-) in England and here in the Netherlands and i must say the SSW rendition is far from how i remember it re paint :

Also the dutch Stafs were far from as matt painted as the SSW version. They used to be kept quite pristine.

The only other "advantage" I may have had is that I am a Starfighter manic, so I am very familiar with each era in the plane's career, and the different schemes were used at each point. For example...the release included NONE of the grey-painted MAP-supplied aircraft from the 60s. Initial deliveries to NATO countries like Denmark and Netherlands actually had a grey anti-corrosive paint applied initially.
    Absolutely yes. Not exactly clear anymore but i may have seen them wearing that grey paint at Soesterberg in the 60's. Mostly at Leeuwarden though in camo paint. Sounds and sights unforgetable!

In addition, I was surprised to not see an RCAF CF-104D included as one of the paint schemes.
    That would've been nice, yes. With white wings, right ?

For "Zipper" fans like myself, Christmas has come early!
    Right!

I loved both the CS and SSW F-104 models in FS9/FSX. Absolutely fabulous to have it back in MSFS. Just not sure how i can find time to learn and fly it what with the recent release of the Reno birds (love the T-6 and P-51!) and Connie. (SSW should've provided us with a brief tutorial instead of dumping the real manual onto our poor brain )
    Last edited by Javis; November 22nd, 2021 at 20:08.

In addition, I was surprised to not see an RCAF CF-104D included as one of the paint schemes.
    This was the one I was hoping for. Seems like a paintkit is coming soon, so it's only a matter of time! Appreciate the list, thank you.

I'll tell you...after a few days with the TF-...SSW has simply outdone themselves. Although I have owned most of the SSW titles for FSX and P3D....and I bought the MSFS G91 (disappointed...I still believe the flight dynamics need work...hope it gets sorted...love this airplane), THEY HAVE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK WITH THIS ONE. My **only** complaint is jerkiness in the pitch attitude, but I believe that is an MSFS artifact.

Four things would make this a better product:
    - Fix the sound (they say they are currently doing this)
    - Model the J-79 smoke correctly (smoke tails off in 'burner, and starts up again when you retard the throttle into MAX, MIL, and below)
    - An honest to god set of instructions that covers the SIMULATED model vs. the real aircraft
    - A paintkit

Buying the single-seater when it is available is simply a no-brainer-- TAKE MY MONEY! (and give us a paintkit for that too, please!)

Hoping that SSW brings the F-84F across (and adds an RF-84 nosed variant!)...and that they decide to produce a T-33A (we need instrument trainers and station "hacks" too!).

I'll be in simulated 1960s-70s NATO heaven!

Having fun with it...

Kent
    Last edited by ColoKent; November 23rd, 2021 at 11:35.

Name:	684.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	85287

Hi Guys,the RT-684 you find in the package was painted this way due to the later weathering-discoloring you find on many Danish 104's.
    For sure the 684 you posted on your reference picture was an earlier version of this bird,having a fresh and semi-glossy paint.
    So,at the end,was a free interpretation of an "aged" 684.
    Could you please tell me where did I went wrong with the paint?
    Thanks a lot!
    Cheers,
    Alessandro

(a "demo" of a semi-glossy and freshly painted look of Miss 684..)

Name:	684GL.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	85288

Ok, sure, that's what i did too but the aircraft images are not very clear (to say the least). With some it is impossible to tell what roundels are used. So, let's take RT684 f.i., you could just tell by heart that it was used by the Danish AF ?.... Wow! ;-)

Btw, i might've been walking around the real RT-684 a couple times ( Ok, maybe about half a century ago.. ;-) in England and here in the Netherlands and i must say the SSW rendition is far from how i remember it re paint :

Also the dutch Stafs were far from as matt painted as the SSW version. They used to be kept quite pristine.

Absolutely yes. Not exactly clear anymore but i may have seen them wearing that grey paint at Soesterberg in the 60's. Mostly at Leeuwarden though in camo paint. Sounds and sights unforgetable!

That would've been nice, yes. With white wings, right ?

Right!

I loved both the CS and SSW F-104 models in FS9/FSX. Absolutely fabulous to have it back in MSFS. Just not sure how i can find time to learn and fly it what with the recent release of the Reno birds (love the T-6 and P-51!) and Connie. (SSW should've provided us with a brief tutorial instead of dumping the real manual onto our poor brain )
    Last edited by PLUTO16; November 23rd, 2021 at 17:08.

Thanks for the sharing of great pics and feedback. I watched all of their recent videos on Youtube and one thing stood out to me, the lack of a working HUD. Is this a limitation with MSFS or just not implemented in this release yet?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post

Name:	684.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	85287

Hi Guys,the RT-684 you find in the package was painted this way due to the later weathering-discoloring you find on many Danish 104's.
    For sure the 684 you posted on your reference picture was an earlier version of this bird,having a fresh and semi-glossy paint.
    So,at the end,was a free interpretation of an "aged" 684.
    Could you please tell me where did I went wrong with the paint?
    Thanks a lot!
    Cheers,
    Alessandro

(a "demo" of a semi-glossy and freshly painted look of Miss 684..)

Name:	684GL.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	85288
    You did absolutely nothing wrong here, Alessandro. Just a coincidence that the dutch and danish Stafs were the only two i initially checked and i still remember RT-684 from the airshows. I just loved that overall darkgreen/brown color ( sometimes accompanied by a Saab Draken in the same color). I still have lots of slides of this particular Staf so kind of special to me. Have to say i did not know about the deplorable state RT-655 was in at that time.

I have now seen all your TF-104G paints and you did an absolute brilliant job there ! Particularly the bare-metals, Norwegian and Italian paints. Just as i like 'em!

Can we have the semi-gloss pristine 'demo' RT-684 too, please ? (LOVE it ! )

Grazie Mille !

Ciao,
    Jan

Can we have the semi-gloss pristine 'demo' RT-684 too, please ? (LOVE it ! )
    YES!!! I agree with Jan. Can you add the semi-gloss into the next update?

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Thanks for the sharing of great pics and feedback. I watched all of their recent videos on Youtube and one thing stood out to me, the lack of a working HUD. Is this a limitation with MSFS or just not implemented in this release yet?
    The F-104 never had a HUD in service that I'm aware of, and the combiner you see is just for the gunsight reticule.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    The F-104 never had a HUD in service that I'm aware of, and the combiner you see is just for the gunsight reticule.
    may be he meant the gunsight reticle, most of TF trainers did not have it mounted , so we did not install it, also to adhere to no-weapons policy of MS.
    /SSW
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Members who have read this thread: 95