aerosoft.com
    orbxdirect.com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lady.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	85237
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Off to buy it RIGHT NOW. PLEASE work the F-104G next...even if the only external stores allowed are fuel tanks! We need a single seater too!

Kent

All stores should be possible, by avoiding the Microsoft Store!

But F-84 next, then Tornado

If someone could post which liveries are available in the default package I would greatly appreciate it!

I'll be getting this as soon as it's up at Orbx. Thanks for bringing this to MSFS SSW.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    If someone could post which liveries are available in the default package I would greatly appreciate it!
    Here are the included liveries:
    - Italian AF 20-4
    - NASA
    - Italian AF 20-15
    - Belgian Air Force FC-06 (70-80s camo)
    - Luftwaffe 28+16 (60s/70s camo)
    - Luftwaffe BB+362 (early 60's bare metal)
    - Luftwaffe 28+35 (80s camo)
    - Lockheed world demo aircraft
    - Dutch D5813
    - USAF "Cactus" (Bare metal)
    - Former RoNAF LN-STF (Air Show Demo aircraft)
    - Starfighters N992SF
    - RDAF RT-684
    - RoNAF FN-M (Bare metal)
    - Greek AF TF-906

Hope that helps.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Here are the included liveries:
    - Italian AF 20-4
    - NASA
    - Italian AF 20-15
    - Belgian Air Force FC-06 (70-80s camo)
    - Luftwaffe 28+16 (60s/70s camo)
    - Luftwaffe BB+362 (early 60's bare metal)
    - Luftwaffe 28+35 (80s camo)
    - Lockheed world demo aircraft
    - Dutch D5813
    - USAF "Cactus" (Bare metal)
    - Former RoNAF LN-STF (Air Show Demo aircraft)
    - Starfighters N992SF
    - RDAF RT-684
    - RoNAF FN-M (Bare metal)
    - Greek AF TF-906

Hope that helps.

Kent
    Out of curiosity i made an effort to setup that listing too but you beat me to it. ;-)

How exactly did *you* establish that list, Kent ?

Myself i googled the, what *could* appear as a squadron or reg number, together with 'TF-104G Starfighter'. I'd say that took me half an hour but i like to puzzle so it was fun and it worked more or less.

If you look at MSFS itself it's easy to figure that it was designed by extremely clever individuals, scientists even. If you look at how the various aircraft models are presented it's easy to figure that it was designed by a 6 year old via a Playmobil toy computer... Sjeeezzz...

The SSW TF-104G comes with 15 liveries so we can read 15 times about the same cruise speed, max altitude, endurance and range. Lest we forget...

Can we atleast read something about the specific aircraft's credentials ? No, of course not, who's interested in that ? You get some nice new colors to choose from, that should be enough.

I'm sure, some day, possibly later than sooner, we don't need to google a selected aircraft anymore. We'll get a proper aircraft selector menu with proper info about a selected aircraft instead of the current rediculous and useless 'information'.

Curious to hear how you set your listing up.

We need a single seater too!

Kent
    +1!

Btw. link for the store: https://secure.simmarket.com/sim-sku...for-msfs.phtml .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A no brainer, instant buy for me. Bought, installed, but sadly no time to fly the bird...

But given the immensely improved user friendliness of Sim Skunkworks addons in MSFS compared to their addons in legacy sims (like with the Gina), I'm standing by to be hugely impressed!

Priller

PS: Mods/admins, doesn't this deserve a sticky?
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It's nice but like the previous sim versions, a handful! But I like the challenge of flying it. The visual afterburner effect is decent but not to the same realism as the old animated particle burners of FSX/P3D but it's understood that this is a temporary limitation of materials via the SDK. It is a great model, best Mil Jet so far for FS2020. I know more are coming that will raise the bar even higher.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    PS: Mods/admins, doesn't this deserve a sticky?
    At least gimme a chance to get on here!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

We need a single seater too!

Kent
    And...on SSW's webpage, they have confirmed that they are working on a single seater!

Flies pretty good once you get the hang of it...my major gripe is that it is too tippy on the landing gear once you land it.

Kent

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    And...on SSW's webpage, they have confirmed that they are working on a single seater!

Flies pretty good once you get the hang of it...my major gripe is that it is too tippy on the landing gear once you land it.

Kent
    That is excellent news, Kent. Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes, the TF-104G is wonderful. After three flights no issues mentioned. Out of limits, she is a real widowmaker. Watch G-Meter.

TF-104 by TiAr, auf Flickr

TF-104_1 by TiA, auf Flickr

TF-104_2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    A STAR IS BORN
    SIM SKUNK WORKS LOCKHEED MARTIN TF-104 G available at
    simmarket.com
    soon available also at:
    justflght.com
    aerosoft.com
    orbxdirect.com

Name:	lady.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	85237
    one issue i'm seeing is that at night, some light source (flashlight?) causes the ejector seat texture to blink.

very good looking model, wish list
    1) collimated reticle or period incorrect HUD to make it useful (recycle asobo's Fa18e HUD), not used for weapons
    2) radar data for north america
    3) pilot figures: allow use of asobo's fa18e figures

one thing i also noticed in VR is that the pilot figures are not quite sized correctly wrt cockpit (or world scale is a bit off?).
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    one thing i also noticed in VR is that the pilot figures are not quite sized correctly wrt cockpit (or world scale is a bit off?).
    Agreed. We have seen it many times, too small pilot figures making the aircraft model itself look too big. Not that bad in this case but the pilot figures still could be a tad bigger. The F-104 is not really a big aircraft and the cockpit looks to be pretty tight. Also jet helmets are pretty big as is the flightgear that jetfighter pilots have to wear.

Check it out: compared to normal sized crewmember the embarking pilot looks like bear ;-) :

With the Martin Baker MBIQ7A ejectionseat and the pilots gear and helmet there's not much room left underneath the canopy:

Comparison SSW TF-104G pilots (top) and RW TF-104G pilots:

Ok, the Martin Baker e-seat versus the Lockheed C-2 seat used in the model does make a difference. (wouldn't mind an SSW Staf with the Martin Baker seat fitted... ;-)

Another view of how tight an F-104 office is :

The helmet is a French Gueneau 316 as used by German Air Force during 'Cold War' times.

This photo also shows how much room seats/pilots/flightgear/helmets take up underneath that canopy. They have to be careful not to bump their helmets and scratch it..

Hopefully the SSW pilot model consists of one group/part, then just a matter of select/scale/shove a millimeter or two... ;-)

Thanks for the hints,we are close to release the first patch and corrections,including this.
    For the Q7 I think in a month or so on we will be ready, for the single seater,as soon as the TF's is ok (and have patched G-91 with some minor bugs) we are ready to start.
    Stay tuned for the TF's upgrade. Especially on engine envelope there has been a nice jump ahead.
    Cheers

Name:	jp1.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	420.2 KB 
ID:	85397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thk.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	941.1 KB 
ID:	85399

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    For the Q7 I think in a month or so on we will be ready, for the single seater,as soon as the TF's is ok (and have patched G-91 with some minor bugs) we are ready to start.
    Stay tuned for the TF's upgrade. Especially on engine envelope there has been a nice jump ahead.
    Cheers
    Are you saying that the single seater will be available in about a month, or that you will start working the single seater in a about a month?

All upgrades are welcome news!

Thanks,

Kent

For this exceptional occasion I have to reverse my personal tastes
    the TF is a beautiful Lady, but I'm waiting a lot for the Single bad boy

Are you saying that the single seater will be available in about a month, or that you will start working the single seater in a about a month?

All upgrades are welcome news!

Thanks,

Kent
    The plan is to finish the Q7 seat in about 1 month from now (more or less) . Meanwhile we follow the troubleshooting on TF's.
    While working on Q7 we also make some work on our G-91.
    After finishing these three items ,we can start the single seater (Maybe the project will start on January,if all goes as it will)

/Ale

and I'm having fun with one more civilian version
    NL002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NL001 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NL007 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NL009 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NL008 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

jk11110 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11115 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11117 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11130 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11137 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 87