Sim skunk works tf-104 g released - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sim skunk works tf-104 g released

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    may be he meant the gunsight reticle, most of TF trainers did not have it mounted , so we did not install it, also to adhere to no-weapons policy of MS.
    /SSW
    Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    The F-104 never had a HUD in service that I'm aware of, and the combiner you see is just for the gunsight reticule.
    Wow! I didn't realize that! Since this isn't the F-104S (capable of firing AIM-7 Sparrows, would require a HUD, right?), does that mean the entire Starfighter series, sans the S only had the reticle and the Sidewinders were only fired on an audible cue? Interesting.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    As fae as I know the Sparrow was launched on instructions from the radar. You did not need a HUD (the F-4C, for example, did not have a HUD).

Sounds are just fantastic !
    Can't wait to have a Photoshop paint kit !

Brilliant job! Yoy have a nice hand..

Yes,there will be a paintkit available,I don't know if I'm in time this week,but in a couple I think I will finish all the layering.
    Anyway,with next patch I'm working on some extra liveries,following some requests here and around..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cl1.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	85322

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post

Okay...I have to ask...is this a repaint you did? As the TF_104G in this picture is not the BAF TF-104 in the current release...

Stencil on the tail is a nice touch...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    Brilliant job! Yoy have a nice hand..

Yes,there will be a paintkit available,I don't know if I'm in time this week,but in a couple I think I will finish all the layering.
    Anyway,with next patch I'm working on some extra liveries,following some requests here and around..
    Thanks for this good news Pluto. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Okay...I have to ask...is this a repaint you did? As the TF_104G in this picture is not the BAF TF-104 in the current release...

Stencil on the tail is a nice touch...

Kent
    thanks Kent.
    Yes, it is a WIP.
    I would like to do two or three more in Belgian colors.

thanks Kent.
    Yes, it is a WIP.
    I would like to do two or three more in Belgian colors.

Nice. I love Belgian Starfighters too. Advice…go on EBay and look for a book called “Lock On #1 F-104G/J Starfighter”. It’s by Verlinden, and has many, many closeup shots of F-104s taken at EBBE just at the time of the BAF retirement of -104s in 1983. GREAT book. I’ve had a copy since 1987…I’m a long time Zipper fan.

Kent

If you guys are interested,I just finished the paintkit.
    It will be available freely with next patch,but I let you enjoy it anyway by now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hrkgs...TKITS.rar/file

It will be available freely with next patch,but I let you enjoy it anyway by now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hrkgs...TKITS.rar/file
    You are a GOD. Downloading now. The TF-104 flies really well...wish pitch response was a bit smoother...but...it flies MUCH better than the G91. LOVING this airplane, and LOVING the fact you are going to do a single-seater too. Please consider an -S as well (I also like AMI Starfighters!).

Thanks for the GREAT product...and hoping the F-84F (and an RF- nose) is in the pipline somewhere!!!

Regards,

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    You are a GOD. Downloading now. The TF-104 flies really well...wish pitch response was a bit smoother...but...it flies MUCH better than the G91. LOVING this airplane, and LOVING the fact you are going to do a single-seater too. Please consider an -S as well (I also like AMI Starfighters!).

Thanks for the GREAT product...and hoping the F-84F (and an RF- nose) is in the pipline somewhere!!!

Regards,

Kent
    Thanks Kent,your enthusiasm makes our efforts easier.
    For the pitch response,like on the real 104,I suggest you to follow your stick movements with the proper trim action. It's absolutely a plane that flies with trims and stick action combined.
    The G-91 will be upgraded after the initial bug tracking of the F-104.
    Speaking about the TF's,after collecting some user's feedbacks,there is nothing so wrong,and together with bug rectify we are also adding some features (engine smoke,a new external lights system,etc).
    There will be also an upgrade/add for the twin seater,the MB Q7 seat,just to complete the historic path.
    Meanwhile we will work on the single seater,a G version,even if the S is not on the plans right now.
    After the "starfighters family" we will take a breath and start to think about next models (and yes,the 84F is one of the aircrafts we have in plans)
    Enjoy!

Thanks Kent,your enthusiasm makes our efforts easier.
    For the pitch response,like on the real 104,I suggest you to follow your stick movements with the proper trim action. It's absolutely a plane that flies with trims and stick action combined.
    The G-91 will be upgraded after the initial bug tracking of the F-104.
    Speaking about the TF's,after collecting some user's feedbacks,there is nothing so wrong,and together with bug rectify we are also adding some features (engine smoke,a new external lights system,etc).
    There will be also an upgrade/add for the twin seater,the MB Q7 seat,just to complete the historic path.
    Meanwhile we will work on the single seater,a G version,even if the S is not on the plans right now.
    After the "starfighters family" we will take a breath and start to think about next models (and yes,the 84F is one of the aircrafts we have in plans)
    Enjoy!
    The good news is, I'm already using trim constantly to fly the airplane. Looking forward to the smoke system....no "S"? No sweat...it is a "nice to have" vs. "must have". Happy to hear the -84F is in the plans. Need ideas for new stuff? How about a T-33A? (Give us a travel pod external option, please!). Bet you would sell a TON of T-33As. So excited...sounds like a lot of great upgrades coming.

Kent

"Nice. I love Belgian Starfighters too. Advice…go on EBay and look for a book called “Lock On #1 F-104G/J Starfighter”. It’s by Verlinden, and has many, many closeup shots of F-104s taken at EBBE just at the time of the BAF retirement of -104s in 1983. GREAT book. I’ve had a copy since 1987…I’m a long time Zipper fan."

Thanks Kent.
    I too have had a long love affair with the F104.
    In my opinion it is one of the most "sensual" and "sexiest" planes!
    No need to go to EBay, I have owned the book since its release.

I just finished a second texture without the paint kit and I discovered your message right now.
    Yippee, thank you for this gift.
    All I have to do now is transfer my layers!
    Richard, a happy customer.

BTW, I read with pleasure the announcement of an update to the Fiat G91.
    Can we consider that this will include the addition of the back antenna for the Portuguese version, as for your P3D model.

You should be so kind to stop posting real pictures,I'm a bit confused...

I just finished a second texture without the paint kit and I discovered your message right now.
    Yippee, thank you for this gift.
    All I have to do now is transfer my layers!
    Richard, a happy customer.

BTW, I read with pleasure the announcement of an update to the Fiat G91.
    Can we consider that this will include the addition of the back antenna for the Portuguese version, as for your P3D model.

Absolutely agree with Pluto....looks so doggone real. Great capture and great skin. Thank you for sharing.

I will be getting this once I get my Monstertech chair and the HOTAS setup. Looking forward to seeing how well I can fly her.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Absolutely agree with Pluto....looks so doggone real. Great capture and great skin. Thank you for sharing.

I will be getting this once I get my Monstertech chair and the HOTAS setup. Looking forward to seeing how well I can fly her.

Why wait? Keep that RPM at or above 80% for BLC (it's 83% minimum in the real world), and pop the speed brakes JUST before crossing the theshhold, and you WON'T be disappointed...

I'm STUNNED that I don't have more unsuccessful landings than I do, but follow the book, and 90% of the time, you will be GOLDEN.

...Truth in advertising: I LOVE ZIPPERs....can't wait for the single seat version....

Have fun....

Kent

I've done some texturing of the DCS F-104G mod and hope to put my own flair to the SSW mod. I just reinstalled MSFS last night specifically for the TF-104! The beauty is that DCS/MSFS share the same work flow for texturing so there's nothing new to relearn! I'm hoping to get a look like the below (or better) on the SSW version. Which is FAR more detailed in it's development than this simple mod, from what I can tell so far from all the posts here. Way more friendly paint setup from what I've seen posted already. Nice job SSW!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Could anybody remind me what will be the pricing "policy" for the single seater F-104 ?
    For example, if I buy this two seater, will there be any price reduction to buy the single seater later on ?
    Or are these going to be two completely independent models/products ?

The reason I ask is that I'm mostly interested in the single seater. I enjoyed that plane quite a lot back in my P3D days, and I'm really looking forward to buy it in MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    A STAR IS BORN
    SIM SKUNK WORKS LOCKHEED MARTIN TF-104 G available at
    simmarket.com
    soon available also at:
    justflght.com
    aerosoft.com
    orbxdirect.com
    Attachment 85237
    one issue i'm seeing is that at night, some light source (flashlight?) causes the ejector seat texture to blink.

very good looking model, wish list
    1) collimated reticle or period incorrect HUD to make it useful (recycle asobo's Fa18e HUD), not used for weapons
    2) radar data for north america
    3) pilot figures: allow use of asobo's fa18e figures

one thing i also noticed in VR is that the pilot figures are not quite sized correctly wrt cockpit (or world scale is a bit off?).
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    one thing i also noticed in VR is that the pilot figures are not quite sized correctly wrt cockpit (or world scale is a bit off?).
    Agreed. We have seen it many times, too small pilot figures making the aircraft model itself look too big. Not that bad in this case but the pilot figures still could be a tad bigger. The F-104 is not really a big aircraft and the cockpit looks to be pretty tight. Also jet helmets are pretty big as is the flightgear that jetfighter pilots have to wear.

Check it out: compared to normal sized crewmember the embarking pilot looks like bear ;-) :

With the Martin Baker MBIQ7A ejectionseat and the pilots gear and helmet there's not much room left underneath the canopy:

Comparison SSW TF-104G pilots (top) and RW TF-104G pilots:

Ok, the Martin Baker e-seat versus the Lockheed C-2 seat used in the model does make a difference. (wouldn't mind an SSW Staf with the Martin Baker seat fitted... ;-)

Another view of how tight an F-104 office is :

The helmet is a French Gueneau 316 as used by German Air Force during 'Cold War' times.

This photo also shows how much room seats/pilots/flightgear/helmets take up underneath that canopy. They have to be careful not to bump their helmets and scratch it..

Hopefully the SSW pilot model consists of one group/part, then just a matter of select/scale/shove a millimeter or two... ;-)

Thanks for the hints,we are close to release the first patch and corrections,including this.
    For the Q7 I think in a month or so on we will be ready, for the single seater,as soon as the TF's is ok (and have patched G-91 with some minor bugs) we are ready to start.
    Stay tuned for the TF's upgrade. Especially on engine envelope there has been a nice jump ahead.
    Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jp1.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	420.2 KB 
ID:	85397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thk.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	941.1 KB 
ID:	85399

For the Q7 I think in a month or so on we will be ready, for the single seater,as soon as the TF's is ok (and have patched G-91 with some minor bugs) we are ready to start.
    Stay tuned for the TF's upgrade. Especially on engine envelope there has been a nice jump ahead.
    Cheers
    Are you saying that the single seater will be available in about a month, or that you will start working the single seater in a about a month?

All upgrades are welcome news!

Thanks,

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 87