Albatros C.III
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albatros C.III

Icon14 Albatros D.III (OEF) released by Captain Kurt!

Here's what I have decided to work on next. No one mentioned Austro-Hungarian Army aircraft but they are pretty neglected. So, it makes sense to me to add something to that hangar.

This is an Albatros D.III Oeffag series 153. Got a lot of little details, textures, cockpit, flight files, etc., yet to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	153 series.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	83508
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Kurt,

Last year "Cross and Cockade" did a 2 part article on the late war activity of the Austro-Hungarian air arm on the Bulgarian front. Good for mission work if you are interested.

Looks promising.

Based on the interest, it looks like this one might be DOA. Dead on arrival. Too bad as it has ome interesting camouflage schemes. Especially the swirled fabric printed by J. Backhausen und Sohne of Vienna. Wierdest camo ever.

I'm finishing it anyway. Some detail work and LODs to be done yet. Here's a couple of WIP pics.

Name:	DIII detail.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	298.1 KB 
ID:	83563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DIII VC.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	83564
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Hi CK,
    Wow I thought I was trippin'...with that camo!!?? Never seen that before.

I know how you feel, but don't get too downhearted at the lack of enthusiasm for your projects. Just do what you want, how you want, and if nobody likes it...stuff 'em. There are those that never speak, but download and enjoy your's and other's work, so as long as you enjoy it and maybe one or two others do too, then great.

People are fickle, and tbh most of us on CFS2 are old-bold 'pilots', and our tastes are pretty honed, so maybe not as broad as they should be.....

Cheers

Shessi

Library Staff
    Positively psychedelic Kurt! Looking forward to the Austrian Albatros.

Kurt, A great looking panel. I'm looking forward to this beauty, even though it is a bit removed from the Western Front. Is there any information available on relevant airfields?

Keep on keepin' on CK. Eventually people pick up on the good stuff, it just takes some time to realise it ...

Hello Captain

A nice new one to come, and the Austro-Hungarian sworl camouflage is really a challenge, well done Captain

Cheers
    Martin

Yup, thanks guys. Like I said, I'll finish it. I think it's worth doing.

Mike there isn't much I can find regarding bases other than these two maps and base names mentioned it a couple of books, air Aces of the Austro-Hungarian Empire 1914-1918 by Martin O'Connor and Austro Hungarian Aces of World War I by Chris Chant. You can download both at https://book4you.org/

Name:	Italian Front.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	83575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Austro-Hungary.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	83576
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Albatros D.III (OEF)

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: Albatros D.III (OEF)

From the time of its introduction in early 1917, the Oeffag built Albatros D.III in its various versions was the most successful fighter of the Austro-Hungarian Luftfahrtruppe. Obtaining a license from Albatros in 1916, Oeffag engineers developed a much stronger wing and airframe which could take increasing engine power with little modification. The original series differed little visually from the German D.III, but later series with different engines of increasing power, the nose underwent various designs. This model represents the 153 series with the rounded nose and no spinner to accommodate the high compression 200 HP Daimler engine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The model, textures, and panel are by Captain Kurt. The airfiles are modified from Gary Aumagher's Albatros D.III. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart.

Gauges are by Martin Klein, Bastian Hundt, and Horst Weingärtner.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Albatros D.III (OEF)
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Fantastic!

It's a very beautiful plane! The Austro-Hungary Empire produced some exquisite aircraft, as the Phöenix fighter serie (we have only a FS2004 conversion) and new Aviatik planes.

Cheers

Pepe

Beautiful Captain, thank you!

Great job, thank you!!!

Thanks Captain, another WW1 hit. Now I just hope some campaign guru will bring out an "Alpenflieger" campaign, so we can fly this beauty around in the mountain valleys of the Alps, fighting the Italian SPADs and Nieuports.
    Finn

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Kurt,

Last year "Cross and Cockade" did a 2 part article on the late war activity of the Austro-Hungarian air arm on the Bulgarian front. Good for mission work if you are interested.
    A pal of mine,aviation artist Ivan Berryman, has written a book on Godwin von Buromski, more on his website here

http://www.ivanberrymandirect.com/ar..._brumowski.htm

Ttfn

Pete

Great thanks Captain, a lovely plane to fly over the Alpes, keep on your good work

Cheers
    Martin

SOH-CM-2020

Albatros D.III (OEF) - Mea culpa

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Based on the interest, it looks like this one might be DOA.
    I am guilty of being a "lurker" here on SOH. I'm just not one to post anything much on any internet site, but I've realised that's no excuse when I am actually downloading and using these aircraft, campaigns etc. Therefore I've made a resolution to be more (publicly) thankful for the things I do download.

So ... thanks very much Captain Kurt for this machine, and your past creations. I'm looking forward to whatever you might tackle next!

cheers,

SW

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

This is a fantastic model, and a very interesting paint scheme! I apologize for not being around CFS2 much this summer, but I am keeping track and commenting when I can. Great work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    A pal of mine,aviation artist Ivan Berryman, has written a book on Godwin von Buromski, more on his website here

http://www.ivanberrymandirect.com/ar..._brumowski.htm

Ttfn

Pete
    Perhaps we will have the Brumowski's Hansa-Brandenburg D.I in the future, in outstanding CK-quality as always, hope never dies...

Captain Kurt

Thank you! You are spoiling us!

voyager

Captain Kurt,

Like I've said before I'm not into WWI much,but I really like this plane.

I have flown one of your campaigns and installing another one.

TheBookie

Members who have read this thread: 0