Albatros C.III - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Albatros C.III

Martin, that looks great. I'll look forward to it.

Interesting list Mike. By the Short, do you mean the type 184? Baldy did the sea plane version I think. The Junkers is on my list but way down on it.

With that criteria, I would think the Caproni Ca.3, HP 0/400, and Voisin III would be important too.

My possibilities list right now is the Pflaz DXII, Morane Saulnier Type L, Brandenberg D.I Starstrutter, Bristol F.2b, Breguet 14, Vickers F.5b Gunbus, Avro 504, Albatros C.I, Voisin III, C.V, and LVG C.VI. The first 2 are definite and under construction.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

The Short Bomber was a development of the 184 sea plane. Still with a crew of 2 but it had a much greater wing span to increase lift and to compensate for the longer fuselage/ internal bomb load. It was a dedicated level bomber which only served with the RNAS. There are a few sources for information. There is a chapter in the book on Short Aircraft ( happy to copy it and email it to you), a good 3 view plan in the Wikipedia page on the Short Bomber and a couple of sets of plans in the Blueprints Site under Aircraft / WWI / British.

I don't know how I missed them, but the Handley Pages (O\100 and 0\400) bombers are in need of replacement/ upgrade. There is an old model of the 0\400 which could do with either an upgrade or replacement.

Members who have read this thread: 0