currently in the workshop(s) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: currently in the workshop(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    So nobody noticed the windsock object in the screengrab above
    I did. It is excellent, like all of your work, so it doesn't really stand out by itself. That's a big compliment BTW. But it explains why it wasn't singled out for comment. Does it rotate with the view or is it stationary?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I'm afraid it's static, but it is destroyable!

Hey chock another one up for the gipper , I like it , and it,s so much nicer than the Cfs-1 wind sock ,
    I used those for marker points , to Martins refuel box , a couple of Lyndsays water towers ,
    and refuel truck , ambulance , jeeps , Then Lyndsays red becone for night finding ,

Still plugging away at the gsl around the Port Moresby area. A couple of progress shots ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM_looking_back_over_Ack-Ack_Hill.jpg   PNG_Tatana_wharf1.jpg   PM_Rorona_30mile1.jpg   PNG_Jackson_Ward1.jpg   PNG_Schwimmer_Berry1.jpg   PNG_Durand1.jpg  

Incredible is the only descriptor.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Wow! Absolutely amazing UncleTgt

msfossey

Library Staff
    Beautiful work John - very realistic. I recognised the first picture immediately. My sister lived in Konedobu half a mile north of Ack Ack Hill. Port Moresby's main beach, Ela Beach, is on the southern side of the peninsula below Ack Ack Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Beautiful work John - very realistic. I recognised the first picture immediately. My sister lived in Konedobu half a mile north of Ack Ack Hill. Port Moresby's main beach, Ela Beach, is on the southern side of the peninsula below Ack Ack Hill.
    I showed John's screen shot to my wife, who grew up in Port Moresby. Her family home was on Paga Hill (aka ack ack hill). She gives it her tick of approval.
    Years ago I saw my Father-in-Law's photos of wartime Moresby. At one end of Ela beach, out at the end of a jetty, was an officers' club. Along the top of the hill was a handful of houses with wide verandahs.

OK, so there was a beachclub at Ela ... pure guesswork on my part, but I knocked this up in GMax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM_Ela_Beachclub_UTa.jpg  

BTW, the gsl is completed

Now I just have to compile it all into a pack for upload

Looks great M8!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    OK, so there was a beachclub at Ela ... pure guesswork on my part, but I knocked this up in GMax
    Pretty good guess John - check out this website: http://indicatorloops.com/pm_guns.htm

There are a few pictures of the officers' club.

Thanks for the weblink Kevin. An interesting site ...

The beachclub I did is perhaps more ostentatious than the real thing then - OK,how about this smaller version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM_Ela_officersclub_UT.jpg  

Library Staff
    Lovely John

Both , the officers can sleep it off up stairs !

Outstanding new scenery UT. As always, I can hardly wait to add it in. Just blows me away.

I've been experimenting with upscaling the texture bitmaps in the SCENEDB/INF category.

Mainly to get sharper detailed buildings, but tweaking colours & alpha channels (particularly with the damage models). Here's some screengrabs...

There doesn't seem to be any frame rate hit, & the towers (which make extensive use of alpha channel textures) do seem clearer, expecially as you move away or towards them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bldg_texs_after_T.jpg   bldg_texs_before_R.jpg   bldg_texs_after_L.jpg   bldg_texs_after_K.jpg   bldg_texs_after_C.jpg   bldg_texs_before_F.jpg  

Very nice. Much more realistic.

Regards,
    B24Guy

A small side-project.

I took the AF Nielson Hangar into GMax & tweaked the texture mapping for the hangar walls.

Before & After pics

I'm recompiling using the original GUID so the bgl should slot in as a straight replacement for the original.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AF_Nielson_Hgr_after.jpg   AF_Nielson_Hgr_before.jpg  

Icon5

John,
    The pic titles are 'after' then 'before', and the second one has an end tex on the side?...just sayin'

Look forward to ALL the improved tex on these obj's.

Cheers

S

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    John,
    The pic titles are 'after' then 'before', and the second one has an end tex on the side?...just sayin'

Look forward to ALL the improved tex on these obj's.

Cheers

S
    Yes Mark, I don't know why but the forum rearranges screen grabs randomly - the lighter grey one with the bad sidewall tex is the "before", the darker floored hangar is after remapping the walls . .

Okey dokey then...like the textured floor, will the land tex show through the worn floor gaps?

Btw, you can re-order the pics for your post, when you've uploaded the pics, but before posting, just grab the pic(s) in the attachment management screen you want to re-order, and drag it to the order position you want.

Cheers

Shessi

Mark

Thanks for the tip, never knew you could do that

The concrete bitmap is saved as DXT3, so it will show ground through some small gaps. Perhaps useful for as an apron bitmap?

If you don't like the gaps, just save as a 565 format bitmap instead

Members who have read this thread: 0