MSFS GOTY - F/A-18 Super Hornet Fun With Sonic Booms

Thread: MSFS GOTY - F/A-18 Super Hornet Fun With Sonic Booms

Cool MSFS GOTY - F/A-18 Super Hornet Fun With Sonic Booms

Good to see more shots of the Super Hornet and now I have to duck in my chair with all the booms like I currently do in DCS on open MP server!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

No NDA? It will be removed very soon I suppose...
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Glad to see the Afterburner effects are finally getting up to speed. Flame effects in general were lacking up to now but I see that's about to change. There are a number of Military Jet addons nearing completion which needed this and hopefully, Roland's Crusader will get the treatment as well as a sound upgrade.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Is this part of SU 7? Or, is this a 3rd party addon?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

This is the F18 that will be included in today's update, free for everyone.

And then Dino's teams can update their F-35s and those won't be far behind in their release. Man, it's going to be a good flightsim holiday season.

Blog Entries
    Down loaded SU 7 and flew the F-18. Visually, it looks okay. As far as I can see, all the knobs and switches are there. Not much works, however. The most disappointing thing to me is the lack of ILS. The HUD is better than than Dino's or Dean's versions. Then the developer(s) had inside information in making the HUD. So it should be.

I am now afraid to buy the Reno air race airplanes. Will they have ILS? I think I will wait and see.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Did the landing challenge right after update and 1st flight, normal F-18 landing with set AoA is not going to be a greaser. Happy the TACAN channel pulled up on the HSI and HUD given the limited avionics. MCAS Miramar was packed when I tested it, F18Es everywhere!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I have no complaints and am very pleased to have a bunch of items (new planes, etc.) that I never expected to get. (Something for nothing?) The sim continues to improve, so I'm going to buy Reno package at a greatly reduced price and hope they continue to improve things. The F-18 looks quite good and flys pretty well, but the cockpit functionality is pretty basic. Will we see community improvements and community paints?
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

FYI to everyone about the Super Hornet and my meager complaint about seeing the pilot avatar wearing a leather jacket, cap, Ray-Bans and DC headset, I found that in order to see the Mil Pilot with HGU helmet and mask, the Avatar settings had to be on default. Overall this Hornet reminds me of the old Hornet but a bit better in some aspects. From this, it is easy to see that the mil addons will gain ground in this sim in the not too distant future.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Is the F-18 custonizable? If so, maybe someone like Working Title will add some of the system features. A working GPS and ILS would be welcome.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Glad to see the Afterburner effects are finally getting up to speed. Flame effects in general were lacking up to now but I see that's about to change. There are a number of Military Jet addons nearing completion which needed this and hopefully, Roland's Crusader will get the treatment as well as a sound upgrade.
    Agree. I love the DCS Tomcat, but its AB effect definitely needs improvement. NC

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I am now afraid to buy the Reno air race airplanes. Will they have ILS? I think I will wait and see.
    P-51s, T-6s, and Pitts with ILS? I'm so confused.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    P-51s, T-6s, and Pitts with ILS? I'm so confused.
    Yes! Warbirds or airshow performers fly x-country to the different shows. Many, if not most have VOR and ILS abilities for emergency purposes or to get to scud obscuring the field. I did see ILS equipped cockpits in some of the screen shots of various aircraft. I hear some even have working autopilots.

Those of you who fly in RL know that these airplanes can't be trimmed hands off, like in the RW. It sems to me that the longer you fly one of these MSFS models the more squirrely the trim gets. So, for x-county a basic autopilot is appreciated.

Most warbirds in the past used GAR approaches. This was where a radar operation next to the runway could see you glideslope and lineup on the runway. He talked you down. I flew these approaches back in the early 1980's. Today, it is ILS or GPS approaches. I contend that many warbirds and airshow performers are equipped to fly VOR/ILS approaches.

Now, a Pitt or T-6? Yes, I can buy that they are VFR only.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0