F1 Brasil
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 Brasil

F1 Brasil

Absolute brilliant drive from Lewis, helped by a superior car. And great racing overall. Mercedes was lucky with the safety cars. Especially Valterri with the virtual one, which gave him third place.
    But I never realised Toto Wolff was such an incredible whiner! He stated something about a broken gentlemen's agreement. I think he has forgotten how he behaved at the start of the season......

And Max had another "first time ever" again. He got a penalty for touching the car from another team...... Which we of course have seen happening many times before. But of course FIA had to keep the whiner satisfied.

Cheers,
    Huub

Well, the international press (Marca, L'équipe amongst others) are also disgusted by the unsporting attitude of Verstappen and how he was ready to provoke a crash in lap 48 because he knew he was going to lose.

if this continues, Verstappen will get himself or someone else killed.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Well, the international press (Marca, L'équipe amongst others) are also disgusted by the unsporting attitude of Verstappen and how he was ready to provoke a crash in lap 48 because he knew he was going to lose.

if this continues, Verstappen will get himself or someone else killed.

Priller
    Rubbish. Marca et L'équipe can go suck an egg.

It was there for all to see. Verstappen is a dangerous person.
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    And so he should be. Car racing is not for the faint of heart. You don't win an F1 GP by handing out pink daisies.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    And so he should be. Car racing is not for the faint of heart. You don't win an F1 GP by handing out pink daisies.
    It isn't for the faint of heart indeed, but trying to kill your opponent is over the top. It's a race, not a death match.

And above all, let's face it: Hamilton is by far the superior driver and Verstappen is reckless, dangerous to himself and his colleagues and a spoiled brat. Hamilton has a degree, Verstappen didn't even finish highschool.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Hi Priller,

Obviously you have a different opinion than the stewards who have looked at this incident and took their decision based all available information. Have you ever considered, that in an attempt to out brake Verstappen, Hamliton just couldn't make the curve as well? Although I often don't agree with the rules and penalties in Formula One, I don't have any reason to think I can judge a situation better than the stewards.

Not too long ago Hamilton knocked Verstappen out of Copse corner at a speed above 300kph. But that wasn't dangerous of course.

You have made your personal view on Hamilton and Verstappen very clear. But its not more than that. And just for your information, I know a lot of weird and often dangerous people with a degree. Remember it was Dr. Joseph Goebbels......

Cheers,
    Huub

It isn't for the faint of heart indeed, but trying to kill your opponent is over the top. It's a race, not a death match.

And above all, let's face it: Hamilton is by far the superior driver and Verstappen is reckless, dangerous to himself and his colleagues and a spoiled brat. Hamilton has a degree, Verstappen didn't even finish highschool.

Priller
    Uh-oh... You are from België, right ? I think you're just a jealous guy. Max living in België but being dutch. https://youtu.be/HhJqhMZODLI

Yeah, I'm from Belgium, but jealousy has nothing to do with this matter. I actually find the attacks by you dutchies "ad hominem" quite funny. Oh, and if you need more ammo, I'm half English.

It's not about me, it's not about my nationality or that of Verstappen, it's about his dangerous attitude.

Have a nice evening!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Jan, you start to sound like Toto Wolff.................

I think part of the 'problem' (and you can also see it in NASCAR and Indycar) is that the cars are so "safe" at speeds, that drivers are doing things that we would not have seen in the 90s and earlier....Add to that, F1 rules becoming a bit more draconian (read='spec series) each year that teams and drivers tempers are shortening....

I actually find the attacks by you dutchies "ad hominem" quite funny.
    Ahem.....and who started this attacking ad hominem in the first place ? Let me remind you : "Hamilton is by far the superior driver and Verstappen is reckless, dangerous to himself and his colleagues and a spoiled brat. Hamilton has a degree, Verstappen didn't even finish highschool"..... I rest my case.

It's not about me, it's not about my nationality or that of Verstappen, it's about his dangerous attitude.
    Yes, but my dear Belgium/English friend, F1 sports has written danger all over it. It is the mere meaning of the sport, it's why it still exists and draws millions of spectators all over the world with each and every GP event year in year out. Accusing an F1 driver of being dangerous is like accusing the pope of being catholic.

What do you want Max Verstappen to do then ? Drive ever so willingly, compliantly and well-disposed behind Lewis all the time ??.. That's not what racing is about, you know that, don't you. Lewis is the best outthere so if you specifically want to be better, get in front of him, which is what it's all about, isn't it, you'll be getting into danger zone if you like it or not.

Actually i don't know much about contemporary F1 GP, i LOVED F1 GP during the 60's. Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Phil Hill, Jack Brabham, et all, are my heros. As soon as they started putting wings and barn doors on the cars i totally lost interest. It's the cars i am attracted to, not so much the race itself. Mostly during the 70's i thought the F1 cars looked hidious, extremely ugly lawn mowers. Today it's much better, i do like the looks of them again (allthough they practically look all the same, kinda boring) particularly since 'the Halo' has been introduced but nothing goes above a Lotus 49 or 1966 Ferrari 312.

Have a nice evening!
    U2

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Jan, you start to sound like Toto Wolff.................
    Is that a good or a bad thing ?....

(i know he's the Mercedes team boss but that's about it...;-)

No more 'dangerous' than the rest of the grid Jan.
    I've pretty well given up on EffWun and most of the current field.
    Let's face it, the two 'Greats' who did run others off the road and started to legitimise the moves were Senna and Schumacher, while the present over emphasis on 'safety' allows any tactic along those lines.
    I couldn't be arsed about watching the latest drama but I'd class what I've come across as a 'robust defense'..........................very much like my old days in FF1600.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Is that a good or a bad thing ?....

(i know he's the Mercedes team boss but that's about it...;-)
    Toto Wolff suffers from the "Calimero syndrome"....... (As I don't know whether that is a global understood description: "Calimero syndrome" = the whole big world outside is all against me......). And Toto Wolff is currently more power in Formula One than Bernie Ecclestone ever was. He has shares in about everything involved in Formula One.

And Jan, sorry when you feel attacked by me, but I just tried to explain to you that your personal opinion was not shared by the professionals (stewards). Which is just an observation and not an attack.

The same is valid for your statement about "education". As said, I know a lot of people (often with multiple degrees) who know everything about nothing (what they call specific knowledge), but who don't know anything about real life (what I would call general knowledge). A degree just confirms that you have finished a specific study, but doesn't say anything about the talents or character of the person. Josef Mengele had several degrees, but I don't see him as a "good" person nor as a "great" racing driver.

Cheers,
    Huub

Oh, and if you need more ammo, I'm half English. Priller
    Which half?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Toto Wolff suffers from the "Calimero syndrome"....... (As I don't know whether that is a global understood description: "Calimero syndrome" = the whole big world outside is all against me......). And Toto Wolff is currently has more power in Formula One than Bernie Ecclestone ever had. He has shares in about everything involved in Formula One.

And Jan, sorry when you feel attacked by me, but I just tried to explain to you that your personal opinion was not shared by the professionals (stewards). Which is just an observation and not an attack.

The same is valid for your statement about "education". As said, I know a lot of people (often with multiple degrees) who know everything about nothing (what they call specific knowledge), but who don't know anything about real life (what I would call general knowledge). A degree just confirms that you have finished a specific study, but doesn't say anything about the talents or character of the person. Josef Mengele had several degrees, but I don't see him as a "good" person nor as a "great" racing driver.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hé Huub,

I feel a famous movie quote coming on: "You talking to me ?? Are you talking to me ??..."

I don't feel like Calimero ( "Ik is klein en jullie zijn groot" , toch ?..) at all. And i don't feel attacked at all, and haven't said anything about education at all. Looks to me like you're mixing me up with Priller .... ??

And about ' education versus real life' i know all about that because i am the biggest fan of "The Big Bang Theory". A brilliant comedy show that has been build around that very subject. Phd scientists Sheldon, Leonard and Rah (not Howard, he's just an engineer with an MIT education), learn about normal life from their down to earth neighbour Penny who is adorable. Got the DVD box for my birthday a couple years ago and eversince watch a few episodes each day during lunch after i walked the dog. Whenever my dog here's the end tune he runs to the kitchen because he knows he'll get his lunch too. ;-)

So, my guess is, Huub, you should be talking to Priller, not to me, mate. ;-)

In today's world, I often think that having no degree is an advantage. "Degreed" people are often totally out of touch with reality and simply cannot function in it. Ultra left wing universities discriminate against all those who do not vomit up their professors' beliefs.
    Matt

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Two Jans in one topic can be confusing...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Priller, you're an obvious Hamilton fan and that's okay. He is a great driver. But if you think Max is a dangerous driver, then Lewis should be in jail for attempted murder at Silverstone. And if LH wins the championship, to me it will be a tainted victory. I'm obviously also biased, but I think Max/Red Bull deserve the title(s) more than Lewis/Mercedes. And even though Max got booed by the Brazilian audience, how many times has Lewis been booed this season?
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Which half?
    The bottom half. I decided it would be nice to have a brain as well!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Lawman View Post
    Priller, you're an obvious Hamilton fan and that's okay. He is a great driver. But if you think Max is a dangerous driver, then Lewis should be in jail for attempted murder at Silverstone. And if LH wins the championship, to me it will be a tainted victory. I'm obviously also biased, but I think Max/Red Bull deserve the title(s) more than Lewis/Mercedes. And even though Max got booed by the Brazilian audience, how many times has Lewis been booed this season?
    Well no, I'm actually a Sebastian Vettel fan. He's a lot less controversial than the two protagonists in this story, but he's your ultimate nice guy. And he's got a great sense of humour too! And I loved what he did for Ferrari, my favourite team. Not that they're doing so well lately, but hey, it's Ferrari!

I don't even like Hamilton that much, but the comeback he made in Brazil was nothing less than epic. I can't explain it, but Verstappen... For some inexplicable reason I hate him with a vengeance. He's just one of those people that are easy to hate.

Cheers,

Priller whose name is actually Jan
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Your guess was correct Jan, I was talking to the other Jan. (And nothing to do with Robert de Niro.....)

Cheers,
    Huub

Your guess was correct Jan, I was talking to the other Jan. (And nothing to do with Robert de Niro.....)

Cheers,
    Huub
    On the contrary everything to do with Robert "Are you talking to me ?" de Niro, Huub.

A more then legitimate statement in this case because you *weren't* talking to me. How was i to know ? And how was i to know Priller's name is Jan ?

You left me in quite a perplexed and puzzled state, sir. It proves again that, on a public forum, you have to make it absolutely clear who you are talking to. The quote option wasn't invented for nothing, you know. And here you make the confusion complete by quoting *me* while you're talking to Priller !!??

Ok, i understand. It was late and you had a few, right ?

I'll let that slip for now but don't let it happen again, Ok !?

Ok, i understand. It was late and you had a few, right ?
    Now that would explain a lot as I don't drink any alcohol

I'll let that slip for now but don't let it happen again, Ok !?
    Thank you Sir

BTW I (more or less) saw the Taxi driver in a beautiful cinema in Antwerp, where the other Jan (Priller) used to live. But I was with my first real girlfriend, so I think I had other things to focus on than Robert de Niro (and/or Jodie Foster).

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0