Native S2F3AT (S2T) Tracker Work in Progress - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Native S2F3AT (S2T) Tracker Work in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Dave43H View Post
    i know most of you will think this is more of a kids thing,could some thing like having an alert system,you lil pilot sitting in the ready room,,or war room as ive heard a time or two in stories.ya in the ready room,a horn goes off,prolly just the alert tone from the ECC now,but back when the USFS was incharge of the base,the F7F pilots would heard a horn,which you could hear clear down at the main offices at the nevada county airport lol.so yoou hear the horn,or the dispatch,get the info,then walk to the plane,get in and do the full start up while animated ground crew do the load.then taxiout etc..fight the fire,load return ..make it a ....well i dont know what it would be called.
    Some bases still do something similar. I've been around a few bases. I know at Hemet, my old home tanker base, they piped the county/Cal Fire traffic through the base PA. So you could hear the Cal Fire dispatch tone out and then pretty much immediately someone on the base PA would page an audible alert tone out followed by, "Launch all aircraft." Or specific aircraft, over the PA system. I don't know how FS2020 is in this respect. But it would be interesting to implement something similar. FS2020 has a lot more going for it than P3D does, most of this type of thing would be static in P3D. I know in the virtual firefighting world, we're hoping someone will come out with a utility like FireFighterX for FS2020. This kind of utility would likely be the object to implement a lot of that kind of thing I'd think. FFX has addon objects in it that have animated (granted quite limited) ground crew to load your aircraft.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Quote Originally Posted by Dave43H View Post
    i know most of you will think this is more of a kids thing,could some thing like having an alert system,you lil pilot sitting in the ready room,,or war room as ive heard a time or two in stories.ya in the ready room,a horn goes off,prolly just the alert tone from the ECC now,but back when the USFS was incharge of the base,the F7F pilots would heard a horn,which you could hear clear down at the main offices at the nevada county airport lol.so yoou hear the horn,or the dispatch,get the info,then walk to the plane,get in and do the full start up while animated ground crew do the load.then taxiout etc..fight the fire,load return ..make it a ....well i dont know what it would be called.
    Hi Dave, funny that you mention that. Ive actually thought about implementing something like this with a special clickspot or something to tone out a dispatch. I have also tossed the idea of adding a loader with hose under a visibility command to show when you're parked in the pits. We'll see if I can make this all happen but I am trying to make this the most realistic that I am able to.

ahh..very cool to you both,i know in 2018,before i left auburn,the Grass Valley ECC would start a dispatch with the tones for everyone involved,then says air attack 230,tankers 88,89,then the BC ,dozers,engines,water tenders,and any other departments needed,hand crews etc.but other then hearing the dispatch in the ready room..theres aa shack at the top of the stairs from the parking lot of the ECC,

Work on the Tracker is moving nicely. Upgraded the panel with a couple G5s and the screen for the GNS530. Theres also a small preview of the Hemet Ryan scenery in the works for MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Work on the Tracker is moving nicely. Upgraded the panel with a couple G5s and the screen for the GNS530. Theres also a small preview of the Hemet Ryan scenery in the works for MSFS

very nice tankerguy72!!!

Awesome. Is the lower G5 an HSI? Hopefully that is possible. It's what we have on my best friend's plane:

g5update by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Awesome. Is the lower G5 an HSI? Hopefully that is possible. It's what we have on my best friend's plane:
    Yes it will be

Yes it will be
    Excellent! I can't wait for this thing - what a unique aircraft.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Testing out some effects from Touchingcloud. Time to put this tanker to work.

Wow! That looks GREAT. I wanted you to know that I also appreciate the effort that you have put into the VC. All too often aircraft suffer greatly in this area, and that’s where I spend all my time. The more detail, texture and depth here the better I like the aeroplane. Flat gauges destroy immersion for me.Best- C

Icon22 Thank you

Wow, Thank you sir, Looking forward to this release.

That looks great TG! Keep after it please. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks Milton! Glad to see you're back on. Keeping my focus on this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

Milton, If I remember right you had a better looking "Mud" fx than anybody out there. Perhaps you can share that with TG on this project?

Its been full steam ahead lately on the S2. Main focus right now is detailing the entry area behind the cockpit. Man there are alot of hydraulic lines

Last edited by tankerguy72; December 20th, 2021 at 10:03.

Man, that is looking awesome. Nice work and thanks for sharing the updates with us.

TG, you see Ramona AAB for MSFS on fltightsim.to? Ramona (KRNM) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

not a bad rendition of it!

Ah yes I have it is awesome. I have already dropped by for a load of mud. Now the Tracker may need a bath

So beautiful!!!
    I'm really looking forward to it as the Trackers have been grounded forever in my country...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

i know this is about the S2 tankers,but any one have any thought on if we may end up seeing an OV-10 air attack aircraft?

Ah yes I have it is awesome.
    Thank you Ramona Air Attack Base is ready for your S2F3AT. Let me know if there's anything to adapt or correct in my amateur work to host accordingly Trackers

Specific taxiway sign for the Air Attack Apron:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hniANpB.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	86200

Entrance (public side) of Cal Fire and USFS:

Name:	d6WOdrP.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	86201

If there's anything I can do to enhance this area, let me know!

Name:	3t35sUe.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	86202

Wow looking fantastic, agree with the comments about the cockpit!

I saw some of these on a stop over at Columbia airport, and often fly into Hemet, so looking forward to flying one myself!

Keep up the great work.

Ah yes I have it is awesome. I have already dropped by for a load of mud. Now the Tracker may need a bath

Any update TG on release?

Quote Originally Posted by vbazillio View Post
    Thank you Ramona Air Attack Base is ready for your S2F3AT. Let me know if there's anything to adapt or correct in my amateur work to host accordingly Trackers

Specific taxiway sign for the Air Attack Apron:

Name:	hniANpB.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	86200

Entrance (public side) of Cal Fire and USFS:

Name:	d6WOdrP.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	86201

If there's anything I can do to enhance this area, let me know!

Name:	3t35sUe.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	86202
    Some AI tankers from TG would be brilliant. This will be spectacular.

Members who have read this thread: 149