F1: Mexico

Thread: F1: Mexico

F1: Mexico

Huub/Ferry, congrats again on another well executed race!
    -Gasly!!!
    -Good to see a decent run by Ferrari...
    -Vettel did a good job all things considered...

-McLaren?
    -Bottas?

Thanks Ed, but I didn't have anything to do with it.

I think Valtteri Bottas main problem was that he was concentrating too much on Lewis, while he gave Max a tow. When he finally looked in his left mirror, he couldn't do anything as Max was already next to him on the race line. Most likely in an attempt to stay right behind Lewis he steered to the right too fast and went over the nose from Daniel Ricciardo, ruining both his own race as the race from Daniel. I heard Daniel apologised, but I don't think there was no way he could have avoided Valtteri.

The strategy to bring Valtteri in front of Daniel would most likely have worked with a normal pit stop. But one from 11.5 seconds is simply too long. As he would not finish in the points anyhow, it was a logical move to "steal" the extra point for the fastest lap. And the second attempt worked as his first attempt was more or less blocked by Max. Valtteri is a great driver, but not a very smooth overtaker....

Gasly was impressive again. stayed out of trouble and did a decent race. And Ferrari seems to be on the way back, although I still don't fully understand why Charles Leclerc had to allow Carlos Sainz to pass him (which in the end didn't happen).

But also a very impressive drive by Checo Perez. He obviously managed his tires very well and in the end he came pretty close. I think there must have been an awful lot of pressure on him this race.

And clearly not a circuit for the Mercedes engine. So a good job by Sebastian Vettel and also an explanation for the poor result from McLaren.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon2

Hey!
    RBR and Max are flawlessly executing now!

I just wish they had given Gasly the same amount of time to grow that they gave Albon......

Members who have read this thread: 0