Fokker D23 Luchtvaart Afdeling - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fokker D23 Luchtvaart Afdeling

Pepe

When you convert to proper cfs2 format use the operator "-f " switch to activate the last command in "DICT_SECTION.

just read the README.... it will tell you the way to do it..... no skills needed. Lol

Cheers mav

P.s can do it the long winded way too... but takes longer and not worth headache, for sumthin like this.

Mav

I assumed Allen's batch files would do this already.

But, just in case, I went back + using a DOS commands I window tried to convert = I got the same result, the rear prop doesn't spin.

Yes, I applied the 'f' operand ... maybe I didn't do it correctly, the MDLC readme is not the easiest thing to read, unless you know DOS command language well, that is ...

The prop part has to be identified as a propeller - actually as a second propeller - in the mdl programming. Either when it was constructed or added via SCASM afterwards and recompiled. I think editing in SCASM is what Mav is referring to. If it is given some other identifier (name) it won't animate. IT this is probably what is going on here.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thx for trying to explain Kurt.Ok this is the dos commandline for convert fs8 to cfs2 proper format

MDLC /C D23.MDL D23.MD2 -F

Cheers mav

fake animation

Hello all
    here is a way I found to round the non working animation, but perhaps there are other possibilities

When you open a mdl with Scasm, you have on top of the file:

[;SCASM source file created by MDLC Version 1.90
    ;MDL Converter object for Combat Flight Simulator 2.0
    ;Flight Simulator scenery file: TRIPLE.MDL
    ;Copyright (c) 2003-2006 by Ivan Hsu

;uType uOffset uLen guidParam uName
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;DICT_SECTION
    ;CHAR[12] 98 2 {DE76EABD-43D1-11D3-BA66-0000F81F5859} trimtab_elevator
    ;UINT32 9A 4 {FBD8EE2C-39A7-4E9C-B527-AA632FE7E50F} engine0
    ;FLOAT32 A0 4 {BA9EBED0-34E5-11D3-A479-00105A24D108} r_gear
    ;UINT32 A4 4 {747D97A8-8770-4FC7-B8F7-1D893A2544BB} r_tire
    ;FLOAT32 A8 4 {2A09AF32-34E5-11D3-A479-00105A24D108} l_gear
    ;UINT32 AC 4 {4D54624D-D897-4408-876E-1E3E38A253B0} l_tire
    ;FLOAT32 B0 4 {FC649DE0-34E5-11D3-A479-00105A24D108} c_gear
    ;UINT16 B6 2 {1F22276C-0E48-439D-864A-8C639EF0EFDC} barrel7

Set( RAW 1 )
    Set( BUF 4096 )
    Set( LABELS 9000 )
    Set( PATCHES 9000 )
    Set( LINBUF 8192 )
    Set( MAXPTLST 3000 )
    Set( FSVERS 0x0732 )]

Before this manipulation, the c_gear didn't work.

So I created a little cube hidden in the model named "Barrel7", and once the mdl compiled, and converted to CFS2 with mdlc, I converted it to a scasm code, cutted the line with this fake animation and pasted it at the list's end, changed its number to B6 to follow the hexadecimal suite (I'm not sure it's important to do it, but if you do it you mustchange it everywhere in all the file not to have error messages)
    So, once the scasm file re-compiled, my c_gear that didn't work before was repaired

Perhaps there is a simplest way?

Cheers
    Martin

DOSMdlc 2.0 dose use the "/f " switch/operator.

Now that I have the model (Thanks Peperez) and can look at it I think I have an idea of what the problem with the non-moving prop is.

Way way back when I started gMax I found out that you needed anything animated on the exterior model to be also be with the interior (VC) model or random animated parts would not work. The model I have only has animated parts for the canopy and front prop for the interior (VC) model so I'm kind of thinking things may be broke because of the missing animated parts.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    DOSMdlc 2.0 dose use the "/f " switch/operator.

I don't think it does ..... if it did the prop would working.

Cheers mav

Icon12

Hi Folks,
    As Mav alluded to, this is a simple conversion BUT you have to use manual DOS command line MDLC (which only takes a minute to do), it will not work with the automated Mk_MDLC. There isn't any need for scasming or hex editing. Those of you who are using any OS later than Vista I don't think will be able to do that...

I looked in the vaults and I had converted it way back in 2012, and it works perfectly in CFS2, I've attached a copy....

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fokker D23.jpg  

Maybe you should open the .bat and conf files and look around but I'll save you the work.

The 1st thing the "DOSBox Auto Convert.bat" dose is run "DOSBox_Master_A.conf" and "DOSBox_Master_A.conf" mounts MDLC into DOSBox and runs "MDLC.exe /f Z.mdl"

"DOSBox FS04 or FS02 to CFS2.bat" runs "DOSBox_04_to_CFS2.conf" that mounts MDLC into DOSBox and runs MDLC.exe /f z.mdl, MDLC.exe /c z.md8 and MDLC.exe /c z.mdl

Shessi
    That is Ito's model....

Nope....this is LOOK where the "-F" is placed!
    Put this in a bat file

MDLC /C D23.MDL D23.MD2 -F

/c and -f do the same thing but if that fixes things than good. One less thing for me to do.

They don't do the same thing.

You use it like i've writ it out....

I'm not in charge of this project and if the pre-made .bat files don't work that is why there is a MDLC Command Line.bat.

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'm not in charge of this project and if the pre-made .bat files don't work that is why there is a MDLC Command Line.bat.

I have no idea what you're talking about..... guess some things werent meant to be simple.......
    Attached Files Attached Files

Icon4

Allen,
    Appologies folks, yes it is, and I've removed it....I don't why I didn't realise that...dohhh!

I'll keep my nose out now!

Cheers

Shessi

MAV,

Thanks for persevering with this & explaining clearly

In the MDLC readme, the example instruction had the Operator at the end, but didn't include the hyphen. I tried to reproduce, parrot-fashion & that's why the conversion didn't work completely

I've made notes from this thread, having learnt once again that using DOS commands really is all about the details

Cool

No problemo..... it always makes me laugh tho when ppl say they want learn scasm... when they can't even get thru reading the README . LOL

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Folks,
    As Mav alluded to, this is a simple conversion BUT you have to use manual DOS command line MDLC (which only takes a minute to do), it will not work with the automated Mk_MDLC. There isn't any need for scasming or hex editing. Those of you who are using any OS later than Vista I don't think will be able to do that...

I looked in the vaults and I had converted it way back in 2012, and it works perfectly in CFS2, I've attached a copy....

Cheers

Shessi
    This is Ito's version...

Cheers

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    It's working fine. Now, I'm tuning up the airfile...

Cheers

Pepe

I'm packing the beast

Thanks for all that helps to solve the rear propeller problem. I'll upload soon an Arado 234 pack.

Cheers

Pepe

PS: I'm checking all Payakan's Dutch planes.

Icon22 DP for guns and bombs

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    It's working fine. Now, I'm tuning up the airfile...

Cheers

Pepe
    Has anyone made a DP file for guns and bombs and rockets for this aircraft?

Rockets? We are talking 1938-1940 here! The planned armament were two FN 13.2mm guns which used explosive ammunition and a fire rate of 1,000 shots per minute, in combination with two 7.9mm guns with a fire rate of 1,500 shots per minute.

Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre (FN) from Herstal Belgium, worked in close cooperation with Browning and completely re-engineered the Browning M1919 machine gun for use in aircraft. So I assume the 7.9mm gun was a re-engineered M1919 and the 13.2mm gun most likely was a re-engineered .50 machine gun.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Rockets? We are talking 1938-1940 here! The planned armament were two FN 13.2mm guns which explosive ammunition and a fire rate of 1,000 shots per minute, in combination with two 7.9mm guns with a fire rate of 1,500 shots per minute.

Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre (FN) from Herstal Belgium. worked in close cooperation with Browning and completely re-engineered the Browning M1919 machine gun for use in aircraft. So I assume the 7.9mm gun was a re-engineered M1919 and the 13.2mm gun most likely was a re-engineered .50 machine gun.

Cheers,
    Huub
    You are right! The good ole Brownings!

Cheers

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Has anyone made a DP file for guns and bombs and rockets for this aircraft?
    I think he meant to thank all those for their work on this ... ... or maybe not?

Members who have read this thread: 1