OK, SU_6 has sucker punched me ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, SU_6 has sucker punched me !

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thanks Priller, on it's way to the C: drive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Visual C++.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	84897

- Don

Hi Don,

Are the problems fixed now?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

%@#!!&^ .... now, twice in a row MSFS crashed to desktop (at 4:00 PM local) when I hit the FLY button ! Something else I've got to look into

PowerShell :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PowerShell.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	84906

The Boss-of-me is calling me for supper .....

CUSS $%^@#

3rd. time ..... I'm shutting her down will check in tomorrow

Empty out your Community folder and try again. You may have an addon causing the issue.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks fellas,

I could only start MSFS if I let it start in the "Safe Mode" this morning, which it did do with the Caravan. This was around 5:30 AM local time.

This evening I could not get the sim to start at all ! I right clicked, run as Admin. ... nothing X 2 just my desktop looking back at me.

I have been having a lot of trouble with my internet, watching Youtube videos and it will almost always hang up between 5-7 PM local time ..... Hmmmm ....
    We had an AT&T service guy come out about 18 months ago to do a looksie for us. I told him we were not getting good service for the 50Mbs we were paying for. He asked did you say "50?"...., I blew up

He said your neighborhood is wired for only 25Mbs ! He gave us a tidbit of info telling us that AT&T prolly will never go to the expense of purchasing the rights ( he used another word for it but I can't remember) to lay underground fiber optics into our neighborhood since we have "underground utilities". Anyways we got a refund and they got a bunch of my best #$@(# $% words !

Back to MSFS, I wonder if my internet was not connecting to the main hub at ASOBO servers?

I did get in a good check flight around Hilo in Hawaii this evening at about 7:30 ish PM in Normal Mode.

- Don

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Thanks fellas,

I could only start MSFS if I let it start in the "Safe Mode" this morning, which it did do with the Caravan. This was around 5:30 AM local time.

This evening I could not get the sim to start at all ! I right clicked, run as Admin. ... nothing X 2 just my desktop looking back at me.

I have been having a lot of trouble with my internet, watching Youtube videos and it will almost always hang up between 5-7 PM local time ..... Hmmmm ....
    We had an AT&T service guy come out about 18 months ago to do a looksie for us. I told him we were not getting good service for the 50Mbs we were paying for. He asked did you say "50?"...., I blew up

He said your neighborhood is wired for only 25Mbs ! He gave us a tidbit of info telling us that AT&T prolly will never go to the expense of purchasing the rights ( he used another word for it but I can't remember) to lay underground fiber optics into our neighborhood since we have "underground utilities". Anyways we got a refund and they got a bunch of my best #$@(# $% words !

Back to MSFS, I wonder if my internet was not connecting to the main hub at ASOBO servers?

I did get in a good check flight around Hilo in Hawaii this evening at about 7:30 ish PM in Normal Mode.

- Don
    Hi Don,

If the sim only allows you to start it in safe mode, that means that there is something in your community folder that is not compatible.

Put the contents of that folder somewhere safe, restart the sim and see what gives.

Then put things back one by one, testing them all before adding other stuff. But before you do, make sure that you have the latest version of every single one of those addons.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Will do, Tom & Priller.

I just got in from work and it is 6:00 PM local and a very busy schedule over the next 2 days. I will only be able to tackle this on the weekend.

I'll start with the easy stuff, here is my list of the Community folder:

payware airports 43

freeware airports 2

payware aircraft 3

aircraft repaints 29

scenery city packs 6

freeware scenery objects 1

utility files ( AFC Bridge ) 1

I was able to get in a check ride the other day over Hilo Hawaii in the Normal mode with no problems. I may try out Japan again before bed time.

- Don

Members who have read this thread: 0