Dev Q&A 10/20/21 Highlights

Thread: Dev Q&A 10/20/21 Highlights

Dev Q&A 10/20/21 Highlights

Note: I tried to focus on topics that I think members of SOH would be interested in, it is not an exhaustive list of topics covered in the Q&A. I'm also taking notes quickly while watching the Q&A so some things may be incorrect.

GOTY Edition - Free update to all existing owners, replaces "Standard Edition"

Aircraft

• F-18 - Developed by Asobo, includes two airports: Patrick Space Force Base, Miramar Marine Corps Air Station
    • Porter - Developed by Asobo in collaboration with Alexander Metzger and Hans Hartmann of Aerosoft. Wheels with classic cockpit, wheels with glass cockpit, ski's with classic cockpit, float with glass cockpit
    • CubCrafters NX tricycle gear. CubCrafters approached Asobo to develop the new model.
    • VoloCity VoloCopter, EVTOL urban air taxi. Asobo collaborated with the VoloCity engineering team. First step to helicopters.
    • Aviat Special S1S - Single seater Pitts

Airports
    • 2 new airports from Gaya Simulations, 2 new airports from Asobo, 4 new airports from new partner Flight Sim Studios
    • 6 new discovery flights from Perfect Flight, 14 new tutorials in collaboration between Asobo and FSAcademy
    • New Bing photogammetry cities

Replay system, DX12, more

F-18
    • Highly realistic flight model
    • Correct fuel consumption, acceleration at supersonic speeds
    • New fly-by-wire model, two configurations, button to limit gs, max 7.5gs (I think) to 9gs
    • When flaps are retracted, it goes into a way hold (?)mode instead of load factor hold mode (??)
    • Auto-throttle
    • Supersonic boom (maybe?)
    • Collimated HUD
    • "to the POH"
    • correct afterburner effects, fuel consumption, thrust "exactly to the POH"

Modifying DRM protected aircraft (marketplace aircraft)
    • They are working on a solution, aircraft manufacturers are reluctant to allow users to modify licensed aircraft

Reno Air Races (Start pack $19.99USD, Complete pack $59.99USD, option to upgrade)
    • everything officially licensed
    • majority of aircraft were 3d scanned
    • collaborated with pilots and owners of the chosen aircraft
    • in development for 2 years
    • collaborated with Michael Johnson (Lotus Simulations, L-39) and Scott Gentile (A2A Simulations, P-51)
    • collaborated with BlueMesh and Orbx on a few models
    • wake turbulence effects ground, will kick up dust and dirt
    • G Effects (redout and blackout)
    • Race announcers that you can hear via speakers around the airport
    • Each aircraft has unique performance specs, when you race other players or participate in the time-trial, all aircraft performance is the same
    • Useable in free flight, not restricted to racing
    • Aircraft are visible in multiplayer even if you do not own the Reno DLC
    • no AI aircraft, only Time Trial
    • private matchmaking and customized race features hopefully to follow a few months after release
    • upgrade path if you want to buy individual aircraft or certain aircraft bundles
    • exhaust effects, eg, smoke on startup

Asobo partnering with Andrei Tsvirenko (ATSimulations, SibWings) for Antonov AN-2

• Different models with vintage and modern avionics
    • Float and ski variants
    • Expected to release this year
    • Part of the "Famous Flyers" series of aircraft, releases will coincide with sim updates

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1182115253

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Asobo partnering with Andrei Tsvirenko (ATSimulations, SibWings) for Antonov AN-2

• Different models with vintage and modern avionics
    • Float and ski variants
    • Expected to release this year
    • Part of the "Famous Flyers" series of aircraft, releases will coincide with sim updates

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1182115253
    Interesting! Crg Andrey!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

nice breakdown - thanks!

So Aerosoft is partnering with ASOBO on the Porter - and I just bought the Milviz one. Ah well - I'll call it financial support for a great developer and fly the one I like the best.

I like the idea of being able to to get into the Reno pack for 20$ and then decide if I want to go all in - or just buy a few more in a bundle.

Having the F-18 released to us before the full asset package is a great idea - and Miramar too - sweet. I have a feeling that movie isn't coming to theaters anytime soon.

It'll also be good to have my old AN-2 back - that cockpit was one of the best - along with the Hughes H1 and the Aerosoft PBY
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0