Configuration override file is out of date.

Thread: Configuration override file is out of date.

Configuration override file is out of date.

I just tried to upgrade CFS3 with a patch and now I get this error that the configuration override file is out of date. I think the upgrade was for patch two. I cant find patch one. I think that might be my problem. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Gordy

If all was good before, just redo the cfg exe. As for patches, I assume you have looked ta http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tches-and-SDKs ?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

well I've redone the cfs exe file a million times and I still get the same override error. Im at my wits end! It wont work with the cds and it wont work (override error) with the nocd patch. Now im thinking I need to reinstall Windows and start over. Because it all was working untill I tried to install the upgrade patches for CFS3, Ive reinstalled CFS3 about three times also. Ok, well if you all have other ideas im open to suggestions. Thanks

try to run the cfs3config.exe as admin.

Quote Originally Posted by gordyjb View Post
    well I've redone the cfs exe file a million times and I still get the same override error. Im at my wits end! It wont work with the cds and it wont work (override error) with the nocd patch. Now im thinking I need to reinstall Windows and start over. Because it all was working untill I tried to install the upgrade patches for CFS3, Ive reinstalled CFS3 about three times also. Ok, well if you all have other ideas im open to suggestions. Thanks
    Re installing windows is a bit drastic. Re Install CFS3 first!

mongoose and italflyer, thanks for the suggestions, I tried runing the cfsconfig as admin, I attached the result from that. I just tried to restore windows 10 to an earlier version, and I have reloaded cfs3. I still get the override error after i try to load the nocd patch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfsconfig.PNG  

Closing the Config with the right hand X will not save your mods.
    Click on file, use custom settings and close from there.

Updates 3.1 and 3.1a can only be
    installed with a stock cfs3.exe .

It's not a win 10 problem per se, as many of us use the latest version. the problem most likely is in your install process.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    Updates 3.1 and 3.1a can only be
    installed with a stock cfs3.exe .

does the upgrades have to happen before I put on the "nocd" patch?

That's right
    After you ran the CFS3config, did you close it
    or continue to click 'File' then 'Custom Setting' ?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Make sure you download and install DX9c to your computer for Ankor's shaders to work. Go here for the link : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1253129

I sometimes find that I need to manually reselect the default screen resolution to get the config file to update. It usually happens right after a video driver update, and the "Mode" value is what needs to be changed.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Well, I kept fidgeting with it and now I got it running. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Great news ! Congratulations ! Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 3