Need Help From FSX Scenery Experts And Developers Please

Thread: Need Help From FSX Scenery Experts And Developers Please

Icon4 Need Help From FSX Scenery Experts And Developers Please

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I need assistance from any of you being experts and developers in FSX sceneries, please.

I downloaded this freeware scenery and installed it into FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10. The installation was successful and all the buildings, runways, taxiways, and town buildings show up without problem in my FSX. HOWEVER, the ground is not even and some have different ground levels. Some are sunken, some are at correct level, and some are at raised level.

Being experienced in installation of freeware and payware airport sceneries for 14 years, I cannot figure out how to solve this problem

Please help me to solve the ground level problem. Here is copy of scenery as seen below that you can get from flightsim website.

Thank you for any assistance any of you might provide.

Regards,

Aharon

FSX - FSX Scenery
    FSX Scenery--Eareckson Air Station
    [ Download | View | Video ]
    Name: shemya-2.zip
    Size: 34,556,585 Date: 03-26-2015 Downloads: 1,292

FSX Scenery--Eareckson Air Station, Shemya, Alaska (AK), USA. Photoreal scenery of Eareckson Air Station (PASY) United States Air Force military airport located on the island of Shemya, in the Alaskan Aleutian Islands. It was closed as an active Air Force Station on 1 July 1994, however the airport is still owned by the USAF and is operated by the USAF 611th Air Support Squadron at Elmendorf AFB for refueling purposes. By Alex Peralta.

Here's what I see:

KDDH_Details-2021-oct-12-004 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

KDDH_Details-2021-oct-12-003 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

The first pic shows a lack of any (blur) mask which would eliminate the sharp edges. The second is what I have after making an adjustment to the Orbx vector setting for an elevation problem where the rwy was sunken considerably. Aside from that there is a rise to the area beyond the airport itself. Also, while there are buildings along the ramp the rest of the Island has been left pretty barren of any buildings and vegetation (not much on the Island, but there is some). If you have buildings throughout the Island as an aerial view will show then where did you get them?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I have after making an adjustment for an elevation problem where the rwy was sunken considerably.
    How did you manage to make the scenery on correct level??? I did not have sunken runway but some areas of the airport are sunken and some are at raised level. Your scenery looks better and in correct ground level

If you have buildings throughout the Island as an aerial view will show then where did you get them?
    I have no idea or otherwise I would rake fortune working in programming career making and selling airport sceneries Ha ha ha ha ha I do not have airport scenery design and development talents that you have.

All I did was to install two sceneries (PASY scenery and Saymara Island scenery) into add on scenery section of FSX and that did not work due to bizarre different ground levels of the airport scenery and the island. Do not know why the ground levels are sunken or correct or raisen and no idea why I have town buildings in the island.

Although the island might be in middle of nowhere, it was important destination for Reevee airline flying Electras and 727s to there hauling cargos and military personnel there and back to Anchorage and I want to recreate historic routes. Also, it is regular stop for cargo airline called Polar Cargo airline where its 747 cargo plane brings supplies to that island and Polar has hanger there.

Regards,

Aharon

Falcon409,

One thing I forgot to tell you. Although I have few Orbx base packages and Orbx airport sceneries, I do NOT have Orbx for this PASY area and its island unless you tell me that Orbx South Alaska base package covers this island.

Also, I have no idea why there is green grass in that island scenery and airport scenery when in reality, it is always snowy landscape especially during winters yet it shows green grass in that scenery in FSX set in winter season.

Hope you can solve the problem. I tried three lucks. One was to install both island and airport sceneries into add on section of FSX and the other luck was to install the island scenery into add on section of FSX and the two files of the PASY scenery folder into fsx/add on section/scenery. The third one was 2 same files from PASY into fsx/scenery/world/scenery. So far it did not solve the ground level problems.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Falcon409,

One thing I forgot to tell you. Although I have few Orbx base packages and Orbx airport sceneries, I do NOT have Orbx for this PASY area and its island unless you tell me that Orbx South Alaska base package covers this island.
    I have all the Orbx Basic products, including Vector Basic. . .it is with that product that I was able to correct the elevation problem I had.

Also, I have no idea why there is green grass in that island scenery and airport scenery when in reality, it is always snowy landscape especially during winters yet it shows green grass in that scenery in FSX set in winter season.
    The developer used a satellite image to place the actual Island over the default Island, hence the reason for the square outer perimeter. Because of that he would have had to do individual seasonal textures since the FSX seasons do not affect photoreal scenery. That's why you have no snow, and no way to change that unless the developer puts out an update (unlikely since this was done 6 years ago).

Hope you can solve the problem. I tried three lucks. One was to install both island and airport sceneries into add on section of FSX and the other luck was to install the island scenery into add on section of FSX and the two files of the PASY scenery folder into fsx/add on section/scenery. The third one was 2 same files from PASY into fsx/scenery/world/scenery. So far it did not solve the ground level problems.

Regards,

Aharon
    My suggestion would be to load file "PASY_ADEX_APD.BGL" into ADE, add a flatten to the Island and see if that helps.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

My suggestion would be to load file "PASY_ADEX_APD.BGL" into ADE, add a flatten to the Island and see if that helps.
    Well I am just screenshot artist, not a repainter or not airport scenery designer/developer and I would not know ADE stuff and whatever is in that file you mentioned above.

Can you or anyone please be kind enough to modify that file as Falcon409 suggests in order to solve problem of sunken and risen ground levels, please??

I am simple screenshot artist, not programmer, not livery repainter, and not airport scenery designer/developer.

Thanks,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 1