Hawker Sea Hawk

Thread: Hawker Sea Hawk

Hawker Sea Hawk

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military Jets

Description: The Hawker Sea Hawk is a British single-seat jet day fighter formerly of the Fleet Air Arm, the air branch of the Royal Navy, built by Hawker Aircraft and its sister company, Armstrong Whitworth Aircraft. Although its design originated from earlier Hawker piston-engine fighters, the Sea Hawk became the company's first jet aircraft.
    A considerable number were also produced for the export market and were operated from aircraft carriers in Dutch and Indian service. The last operational Sea Hawks, operated by the Indian Navy, were retired in 1983.
    This model of the Sea Hawk is not accurate and is only my interpretation of that aircraft. It is a "Blender" project compiled using the latest MSFS SDK.
    among its many shortcomings are its lack of folding wings and no functional hook, the hook will however animate with the ctrl+L key and the canopy will slide using ctrl+W.
    Please do not go poking around under the bonnet/hood as I have taken a few liberties including tricking the sim into thinking it has two engines the heat blur will then appear from both exhaust nozzles.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Hawker Sea Hawk
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Congratulations Rob. . .is this your first entry into the World of MSFS? Looks awesome!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

That tears it! I'm getting FS2020 and a rig to run it on after Christmas! BEAUTIFUL skin on this Rob! Looks like a pampered vintage jet and the hangar with a polished floor completes the illusion. Is this the normal screen when you select a plane in the new sim?

Me too! Big seahwk fan here. Fly the il2 46 free addons but really want this one. need new rig as still using vista. covid really hurts

Hello. First of all thanks for the freebee. For some reason I cant get it to move. I do get sound and the hot exhaust. but wont move at all, flight surfaces, cockpit switches, nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Only thing I didn't try was to change the flight model. I have it on modern. any suggestions?

Edit.
    nevermind. i got it to work.
    Last edited by lumidas; September 30th, 2021 at 19:29.

awesome

keep up the great work downloading your next plane now here is my video of this aircraft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAjfPoqKugI

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    That tears it! I'm getting FS2020 and a rig to run it on after Christmas! BEAUTIFUL skin on this Rob! Looks like a pampered vintage jet and the hangar with a polished floor completes the illusion. Is this the normal screen when you select a plane in the new sim?
    Josh,

No it isn't, there is a section entitled "Profile" in the sim's main menu where you can showcase any aircraft in your inventory. The camera moves around it like a documentary, the hanger doors open and close to change lighting and ground crew walk around the hanger. On its own, that page makes for a nice screen saver!

Overall do recommend this version of MSFS if you have the rig and the internet bandwidth to power it. GOTY edition coming out soon as well and the developers do seem updates coming about every month.

Not sure if any version above the basic was is worth the money, but if you want all the available aircraft, get the highest tier.

Cheers,
    /s

banshee and hawker sea fury

banshee and hawker sea fury need updating...they no longer work in MSFS 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by elmn8r View Post
    banshee and hawker sea fury need updating...they no longer work in MSFS 2020.
    What does this mean, please? A completed and correct working aircraft has been destroyed? Why do accomplished models need an update? I never would change my models ever if they were completed and working fine at release.
    This sisyphean challenge in Microsoft's hamster wheel needs to be stopped at last in my opinion...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 19