AFCAD ADE FSX Scenery Homestead Air Reserve Base, Florida United States Air Force

Thread: AFCAD ADE FSX Scenery Homestead Air Reserve Base, Florida United States Air Force

AFCAD ADE FSX Scenery Homestead Air Reserve Base, Florida United States Air Force

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: Homestead Air Reserve Base, previously known as Homestead Air Force Base Homestead AFB is located in Miami–Dade County, Florida to the northeast of the city of Homestead. It is home to the 482nd Fighter Wing of the Air Force Reserve Command's Tenth Air Force, as well as the headquarters of Special Operations Command South.

Activated for the Cold War as a Strategic Air Command (SAC) installation. After the cold war, the Closure Commission's initial base closings list, potentially dooming the base to closure. However, in the end the base was converted from an active duty base to its present-day reserve base status with the 482d Fighter Wing and its F-16 aircraft as the host wing, while concurrently maintaining a 24/7/365 alert detachment of F-15 Eagle fighter aircraft from the Florida Air National Guard's 125th Fighter Wing.

The graphics for my HSAFB AFCAD and the buildings were all made by myself, Mako8841. My work was made as it looks today, 2021. But, it is not complete. I have made the old buildings on the old SAC base east of the tower. Today's flight line buildings, the FD, maintenance West buildings and the U.S. Customs hangars, bunkers, and office buildings.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AFCAD ADE FSX Scenery Homestead Air Reserve Base, Florida United States Air Force
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Late to the party but thanks for building Homestead. It looks much more realistic than anything I have seen previously. Incidentally I use it in P3D V5.3 and as far as I can determine everything works well. All the best Warren (aspen31)

Members who have read this thread: 1