Creating blank textures for existing aircraft

Thread: Creating blank textures for existing aircraft

Creating blank textures for existing aircraft

Hello, good day

Do you have any recomendations to create textures for aircraft that don't have any blank file?

I want to paint a certain F4U Corsair for FS9 that was published in 2004 in by the french Alpha Bleu Ciel team in Flightsim. The airplane is still good for nowadays standards, but it doesnt have the thing I always want to find: blank and clear bmp files. So I am wondering, if you would make a blank texture set for this plane, what would you do?

https://ibb.co/HdjyqRT

Thanks for all your ideas!

Raphael.

Hi R,
    Well, you know how to paint and have a good paint programme already.

The easiest way and accurate is to get hold of some good 2D plans of the aircraft and size/scale them to the size of the ABC F4U. The plans should be in black and white with only the panel lines and control surfaces on, you can then use this layer to accurately layer over the paint.

Or delete all the texture except leaving the outline of the texture, then use the plans and draw in the panel lines etc, then paint.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by 2021ft View Post
    Hello, good day

Do you have any recomendations to create textures for aircraft that don't have any blank file?

I want to paint a certain F4U Corsair for FS9 that was published in 2004 in by the french Alpha Bleu Ciel team in Flightsim. The airplane is still good for nowadays standards, but it doesnt have the thing I always want to find: blank and clear bmp files. So I am wondering, if you would make a blank texture set for this plane, what would you do?

https://ibb.co/HdjyqRT

Thanks for all your ideas!

Raphael.
    IIRC, one of the painters that did a repaint of this model, also did a set of blank textures can't remember whom right now..

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0