Still learning after all these years

Thread: Still learning after all these years

SOH-CM-2023

Still learning after all these years

Hi All,

I just installed the Granville France airport by Pascal Dumont (along with his excellent St Micheals scenery). Everything installed fine but when I enable the exclude file I get a crash to desktop at 31% startup. I thought maybe it was a bad exclude, so I built a new one and I get the same results. I tried putting the exclude on a higher priority and I still got the same results. Im not really sure I know how to troubleshoot this, so any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Sean

SOH-CM-2023
    I installed the LFRD (St Malo not too far from St Micheal) and I ran into the same issue. I remove the exclude and it works fine (with extra buildings of course) but I guess there is a conflict I have no idea how to sort out.

Sean

I assume you are referring to the scenery by Pascal Dumas (and not Dumont). I have this scenery installed as well and don't have any issues. When my memory is correct the scenery came with an auto installer and I can't recall an exclusion file.

As said I don't have any issues and even the tidal textures around the Mont St.Michel work without any issues. (the only issue I have is the tarmac at Granville which is nearly black).

Perhaps re-download the files (with auto installer) and try again. Otherwise I think there is a conflict with something I don't have installed......

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    I downloaded them from http://p.dumat.pagesperso-orange.fr/htm/archives1.htm

I did spell his name wrong (Pascal Dumat) per his web page.

I dont understand how an exclude file can cause a crash like this. its utterly weird. I rename the file is the directory by adding a .sav (In the lfrd2004 scenery directory it is lfrdexcludes.BGL and scasmexclude.BGL in the FPLoire/scenery it is lfrf_x01.bgl) and it works but add the exclude back in and it crashes to desktop at 31%. I assume it must be some sort of conflict with another add on, but I put them both at the top of scenery priority and that didnt help.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I assume you are referring to the scenery by Pascal Dumas (and not Dumont). I have this scenery installed as well and don't have any issues. When my memory is correct the scenery came with an auto installer and I can't recall an exclusion file.

As said I don't have any issues and even the tidal textures around the Mont St.Michel work without any issues. (the only issue I have is the tarmac at Granville which is nearly black).

Perhaps re-download the files (with auto installer) and try again. Otherwise I think there is a conflict with something I don't have installed......

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0