MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes

MSFS 1.19.8.0 release notes

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Steam Update was 282Mb for me, main FS is 2.67GiB and currently ongoing, so not sure how big the world update files are.

Sound good. Really happy about the altitude fix and the off-screen rendering option!

5.02 GiB Update for the full version Premium, Deluxe + WU1-5. Strangely, WU6 is not shown in the content manager yet.

Edit: Ah, I remember now, you have to "buy" it in the market place first. Another 5.10 GiB, so about 12.8 GiB in total. Servers are still going strong so this was a quick one for me.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

I dont see update yet in my MS Store, just this:

when I click OK, the MS Store will open but I have only PLAY button, dont see any update .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Solved by this (from official Forum): "PSA if you can’t trigger the download in MS Store: Download and run the Xbox app from the store, then try again. Worked for me and others, unless it was coincidence… (I doubt it)".
    Now its ok I see the update.

Strange, they forced now to have Xbox App on your PC.

SOH-CM-2024
    Nothing, zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Solved by this (from official Forum): "PSA if you can’t trigger the download in MS Store: Download and run the Xbox app from the store, then try again. Worked for me and others, unless it was coincidence… (I doubt it)".

Interesting, I already had the Xbox app installed, but the update didn't show until I ran it. So it looks like it's actively running the app that's the required step.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Interesting, I already had the Xbox app installed, but the update didn't show until I ran it. So it looks like it's actively running the app that's the required step.
    Some guys (if you have it already) adviced unistall it and install again, next RUN MSFS and You will see the update.
    Im downlaoding now the update and World update 6 (about 5-6Gb) from Marketplace and next updates are in Content Manager (about 5Gb for me).

The Store looks like overcrowded or something , no updates for MSFS ..... but the Sim said there was ?

HB

I see what you are getting at but I don't really think that's the case. The Microsoft Store has ALWAYS been been bad and continues to be bad. Since it's inception. I have been screaming from the roof tops at every opportunity I've had when people ask "Should I buy on the Microsoft Store or Steam?" that the Steam version is the way to go for the sole purpose of not having to deal with the Microsoft Store. These issues are not unique to Flight Simulator but they are unique to any and all content accessed via the Microsoft Store. The Microsoft Store is completely fine when it works. But when (not if) something goes wrong it's damn near impossible to trouble shoot. The Xbox App is a significant improvement over the Microsoft Store, but it's still nowhere near as good as Steam because it still relies on the Microsoft Store as the backend.

SOH-CM-2024

I have the Xbox App installed,m but not the Xbox Gaming App, which MS wants to charge you a dollar a month for, I ain't paying. I hope they sort this crap out. Having to deal with enough crap from the VA Board of Pharmacy as it is, don't need this hassle.

Cazzie

There is only one app you need. It is simply called "Xbox". It is completely free. Sign into that app with the same credentials you use to sign into the Microsoft Store.

Xbox Game Pass is a completely separate service that provides access to a library of games, including Microsoft Flight Simulator. You don't require this service to use the Xbox app.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10

new setting in 'Graphics' : Offscreen Terrain Pre-caching
    default set to Medium

Apparently this is the 'slider' to change / reduce terrain and 3D object 'pop-ups'
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Be sure to check your content manger for further updates, like Deluxe and Premium. That's where they reside. Not in the Marketplace. The World update is in the Marketplace. Rename your community folder before doing anything. The update will create a new one. After all of the upgrades and installs, then copy the content of your old community folder to the new one. So far, so good. Which is not normal for me anyways.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    There is only one app you need. It is simply called "Xbox". It is completely free. Sign into that app with the same credentials you use to sign into the Microsoft Store.

Xbox Game Pass is a completely separate service that provides access to a library of games, including Microsoft Flight Simulator. You don't require this service to use the Xbox app.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10
    it is beyond baffling to me that this process is still not fully described in one, easy to find location on either the official forum, the Store, the Xbox App, or anywhere by MSFS, ASOBO, or anywhere.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

As usual, I'm waiting for a couple of days. But I would like to hear from the Steam users!

Take care,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

From Microsoft:

We are aware that some users who own Microsoft Flight Simulator through the Microsoft Store are experiencing issues with installing World Update VI. This is an intermittent issue on the Microsoft Store that is affecting many titles including Microsoft Flight Simulator. In addition to following the steps linked to in our update support guide, we also advise that you download and update the most recent Xbox app update from the Microsoft Store. This workaround has been working well for those not seeing the update:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the 'Xbox' App.
    2. Download the 'Xbox' App and click 'Launch'.
    3. Once the Xbox App is running, go back to the Microsoft Store to 'Downloads and Updates' and click 'Get Updates'
    4. The MSFS update should start to download.

I also had to install the Xbox app. I may uninstall it when this is all done, but at least the download is running...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Download loop on package 48/56... From 98% all the way back to 38%!!! Retrying now...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Steam must be the way to go? I've only ever had one crash that I can think of and that was because I had a helicopter in my Community folder, other than that, I never move my Community folder and when I start up the Sim, it starts the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    As usual, I'm waiting for a couple of days. But I would like to hear from the Steam users!

Take care,

Priller
    No problem with updating my Steam MSFS here. I just started the sim, and everything just chugged along, although with
    my 22 MbS download speed, it took about an hour to do everything, including the main required update, the WU VI from
    the Marketplace, and all the various items needing updates in the Content Manager.

I remembered this time to rename my Community folder before starting, and I was happy to see that the sim started up just
    fine after I renamed the folder back to Community (although I only have about 68 GB worth of stuff in there).

It's so weird. I had the download issue with SU5 and had to do the Xbox App trick. With this version, the update worked in Store with no issues.

Same for me , Bob.
    I have never moved my community folder and never had any problems.
    I have the boxed version b.t.w.

Looping on fs-base-01.1.156 restarted it twice so far.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    ...although I only have about 68 GB worth of stuff in there
    Only?? I'm up to over 15GB and I feel like that's too much. I like to keep things as clean as possible, so I have very little in the way of mods.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Right, trying everything in the book, and the install was corrupted...
    Now downloading and installing the whole sim again.
    We'll see how that goes.
    Tomorrow morning I'll have a new sim, finger crossed.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Members who have read this thread: 0